S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

About Car battery Life in s400 Hybrid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About Car battery Life in s400 Hybrid

Hie guys good day....I would like to ask all the pros in here I own a 2015 s400l hybrid and I've just got that car this 2 weeks ago and I have only manage to put up less then 1000km on the car.But due to some reason I have to fly away from my home due to my work...So I have stored the car ,cover the car but without disconnecting the car battery and I will only get to see my baby in 6 weeks time..so the question is though is a new car so I assume it has a new car battery as we'll do you guys think can the battery stay alive till I get back 6 weeks later...Do you guys think 6 weeks later would I have any issue starting up the car because the battery will run flat...?For your info I know I have check battery is also very much related to the temperature where I park my car..where I park my car the temperature will be around 27-30 celcius for the next 6 weeks...thanks guys
Old 07-02-2015, 12:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E550 4Matic, P1, P2
I would go and get a trickle charger to attached to the battery just to be safe. You likely would not have an issue but if you hook up the charger you will be good for sure and its better for the overall health of the battery
Old 07-02-2015, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
I would just charge to about 90% capacity and let the car sit for 6 weeks. That amount of duration should be just fine. Our Tesla has a deep sleep power save mode that we can activate if we leave it disconnected for a while. Check your manual to see if you have a similar feature?

If you are able to plug the car in, I'd plug it in and set the car to charge to about 75%. That's ideal for long term storage and the car can then top off as needed from shore power.

Your 12V should not be affected at all for just 6 weeks so I don't think a trickle charger is necessary for such a relatively sort period. Our Tesla actually tops off the 12V battery from the main battery pack and perhaps Mercedes built their system the same way. Even if it didn't do that I think you are fine for 6 weeks.

Often times cars sit in dealer lots for 6 weeks before it is sold with hardly any use so this is no different. The one thing I discourage you from doing is to set the battery charge level to 100% and leave it connected to a power supply. That's bad for any Li-Ion battery whether it is a car battery, cellphone battery, or laptop battery.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
PS: For more than you ever wanted to know about Li Ion batteries watch this video. It is thoroughly informative but VERY long and technical but goes into detail of types of batteries and what causes them to degrade and what you can do to minimize that. Useful information to know for your cellphone and laptop even if you don't have a hybrid or EV.

Incidentally this gentlemen and his entire team were just hired for an exclusive 5 year engagement by an automaker

Old 07-02-2015, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow...Thank You WEBSRFR.....such a great info there....but for your information you mention those cars for sale park at the lot for more then 6 weeks I bet every each alternate days there will be someone will at least start up those cars and heat it up.....where else mine situation is no one is gonna touch it for the next 6 weeks...fingers cross hopefully 6 weeks later I would get to start it right away if not I worry after I jump start the car I have to send it to mercedes dealer the reset all the configuration system again....Thanks buddy...
Old 07-05-2015, 06:51 PM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 S63, 2013 E350 Bluetec
I'm away on business a lot for 4-6 weeks time. Never have any issues with starting the car upon my return. Did this with both an S500 and a C class.