S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Anyone use google maps to send address to car?

Old 11-10-2015, 10:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 s550 White/Nut Brown
Anyone use google maps to send address to car?

Hello,

Apparently I stumped my dealer. I am trying to use google maps on my desktop or laptop to look up addresses and then send them to my car directly. I have done with with the BMW I had without problems for years. I took my car in today and they could not figure out why I can't send to my car.

Is this a feature anyone uses? I know you can use MBrace but I live and die by google, gmail, calendar, etc so all my addresses are google maps based.

I have configured the google maps using this link a number of times. https://www.google.com/maps/sendtocar

I tried both my mercedes me account as well as my MBRace account login. Neither results in the pop up on my car dash when I get into the car.

The dealer spent 2 hours with me trouble shooting and nothing came of it except that they could not determine why it didn't work and blamed google. Ummmm, it has worked perfectly on my BMW for 5 years so not sure how google is responsible.

Katherine
Old 11-10-2015, 11:00 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
S, GL
Out of the box reply

Why use the car based NAV vs google maps/Waze via Bluetooth to your car, traffic and reroute features years ahead of the S system
Old 11-11-2015, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Katherine,

I have a different type of Merc but it has Comand Online and I have Google Maps Send to Car working. Do you have internet connectivity enabled in your car via your mobile phone? My wife's BMW has embedded mobile connectivity so - as you say - you receive the Google Maps destination as soon as the ignition is turned on. But on my Merc, I have to enable an internet connection from my phone first using Bluetooth. Could that be the problem you are having?

Regards,
Malcolm
Old 11-11-2015, 08:02 AM

Received 117 Likes on 74 Posts
2021 e All Terrain, 2001 e55
This is just a theory and I might be wrong but... You might have to buy the Mercedes Apps product in order for Send to Benz to work with Google.

However their apps are very slow and don't work very well so I canceled that part of my subscription.

For the most part I find Send to Benz works fine.

Also when you're in the car you can press one of those buttons I think it says "I" on the button. When the computer answers you can say: "Directions" and a person will send directions to you car.

I'm quite sure that the people that answer the phone use Google Maps to send you the directions. I'm pretty sure it's part of your subscription package so you get it for free.

The only problem with calling in is that the staff is so officious. You can't just ask for information and get it and then hang up. You have to go through a long winded customer service process but in a pinch it works.

That's my two cents open helps
Old 11-11-2015, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think there are two different approaches. The first is Send to Benz / MBrace which is a paid Mercedes solution. I don't use it. The second is the generic Google Send to Car option which is 100% free. You just need to be able to connect to the internet in your car to receive the destination from Mercedes server. At least that's the way it works in the UK - I'm assuming it's the same in the US.

Regards,
Malcolm
Old 11-11-2015, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 245 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by malbry
I think there are two different approaches. The first is Send to Benz / MBrace which is a paid Mercedes solution. I don't use it. The second is the generic Google Send to Car option which is 100% free. You just need to be able to connect to the internet in your car to receive the destination from Mercedes server. At least that's the way it works in the UK - I'm assuming it's the same in the US.

Regards,
Malcolm
I would not count on it being the same in the US but in Europe it works like you say (the free option), I use it all the time.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What happens when you press the i button inside the car? Does it connect at all to download your selection?
Old 11-11-2015, 10:43 PM

OMG guys I figured it out. I went to the Audi forum and realized that it is set up with your email! Audi specifically states in their instructions to use the email that was submitted with their purchase for communication! Not the log in ID, not the MBrace account number or the MB me login. It's the darn email! Now it's working perfectly. When I turn on the car, I get a notification pop up no matter what screen I am on that says "Address XXXX has been placed in your previous destinations, do you want to start navigation?"

Yahoo! I hope others see this and save hours of their time! Just use the email that you give Mercedes and it should work.

DUH.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 401 Likes on 279 Posts
W463 G550 / C190 GTC //prev: W204 C63 507 / R170
The Google Maps send to car is no longer working. Does anyone have a fix for this?
It was working a few months ago. It seems that as of 2016 Mercedes has removed the Google search, RSS feeds, and the send coordinates to car functions. Very annoying.

Note: I do not have MBrace. In Canada we don't get it.

The Send Destination to Car was working perfectly through Google Maps, and the MB App in the car.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:18 PM

It is no longer working for me either. Looks like MB pulled out of the google maps system completely and it is not even a drop down choice for google maps when you click on "send to car" on google maps.

Is Send2Benz a pay option? So basically if I don't pay, I can't send an adress to my car anymore?
Old 05-17-2017, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 245 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by kath00
It is no longer working for me either. Looks like MB pulled out of the google maps system completely and it is not even a drop down choice for google maps when you click on "send to car" on google maps.

Is Send2Benz a pay option? So basically if I don't pay, I can't send an adress to my car anymore?
I believe MB cannot add their name to the Google maps drop down list if the competitor maps provider has decided not to support the Here maps group (remember, German car companies are now running Here maps).

Try Here WeGo wego.here.com to send your destination to the car.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:24 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
I believe MB cannot add their name to the Google maps drop down list if the competitor maps provider has decided not to support the Here maps group (remember, German car companies are now running Here maps).

Try Here WeGo wego.here.com to send your destination to the car.
They dropped/had issues with Google Maps way before they were interested in Here Maps then they finally dumped them all together last fall. I believe, some of the issue was Google changing their API but most of the car companies have dumped Google for the most part.
The following users liked this post:
silversleeper48 (07-26-2019)