S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

iPhone 6S Bluetooth issues with '15 S550

Old 05-29-2017, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 473 Likes on 327 Posts
2019 S560, 2022 Audi S8
Originally Posted by scottg61376
Have always had it since purchasing the iPhone 6S (which was around the same time as I took delivery of the car).

I really regret frankly leaving BMW for the MB world...has been nothing but problems

I had this exact problem with my 6S phone 5 MONTHS AFTER I BOUGHT AN AUDI A8L. It didn't act up until after 5 months. I would be going down the road listening to my Apple stored music, get a phone call, answer it, talk for a few minutes, then after hanging up if I tried to make a call from my car, the system would cut off.

Since I've had my MB, the problem has gone away.
I know it seems I'm blaming the Audi for the problem , but I honestly believe an Apple update caused the problem and not the car, unless the techs did some type of update on the Audi that just happened to change the characteristics of the telephony operation between my phone and the Audi.

I'm just glad the problem is gone but I never really got an answer to the problem.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 S560, 2022 Audi S8
  • Poor ergonomics and engineering...
  • Too many places you have to go to adjust your seats
  • Heads up display is too limited in what it displays
  • My '13 7-series displays speed limit, callers, phone list, music selection all in the heads up
  • The whole touch pad thing is a joke, it is limited in nature to what you can actually draw on it (i.e. phone numbers only), and if you wanted to use it to actually search letters (i.e. contacts, navigation addresses/POIs, etc. you can't) - simply stupid!
  • Can't stand the Mercedes OS and how you navigate from menu to menu and setting to setting, I-Drive is soo much better
  • The Auto e-brake is enough to make me lose my mind, having to disengage that every day, and where the release is isn't convenient (i.e. why not put it in the center console vs. under the dash).
  • Camera button is not in a logical place, you can't see it from the driver's position easily, it should be in the center console so that you can easily pull it up when parking (pulling forward)
  • I miss the SAT radio DVR function that BMWs have, when a call comes in, the radio auto-pauses so you don't miss anything
  • Only one cigarette lighter socket in the whole car, and it is completely blocked if you have a drink the front cupholder, ridiculous in a 2015 lux vehicle
  • Lane departure / active cruise control gets very flakey at times, bouncing me between the lines or even not maintain my lane around curves (at an appropriate speed)
  • Still no Apple Carkit (was supposed to be available)
  • No Siri-eyes Free
  • Pitiful WiFi hotspot; really why even bother if you are going with 3G in 2015
  • Positive there are more, but I get even more depressed about the purchase thinking about more...
Of that list , the cigarette lighter/cupholder issue is really bad. I like to charge my cell phone in that outlet but can't if I have a large coffee cup in the console. I tried to use my portable air pump the other day and realized there are no cigarette lighter style outlets in the backseat area but the one above the cupholder. Quite odd.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK55
I have an iPhone 6 and have had similar problems since day 1 of my 2015 S550 arriving. As I drive I will also see messages displayed saying ht phone has disconnected / connected. When I take calls on in my car - it will disconnect and I end up on the phone . VERY FRUSTRATING.

I have voiced this issue to the service departments at 3 different dealers to no avail.. UNTIL last Tuesday. Went to my dealer for an Aux Battery issue. Mentioned the Bluetooth and was told there is a Software patch. They installed it and I have not had a problem in 2 days now. Keeping my fingers crossed..

Alex

All, I continue to have issues with my iPhone continuously disconnecting and reconnecting to the car. Many times 6-7 times over a 45 min commute. My local service team stated that MB was aware of the issue and working on a fix. Sounded a little bogus to me since I hadn't seen anyone else posting here about issues, so I thought I'd double check.

Thanks,
SG
Old 06-02-2017, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 S560, 2022 Audi S8
I spoke too soon. Now that I've had my Benz for around 3 months, my phone is beginning to exhibit the same problems it did in my Audi A8 after around month #4. It has to be the phone that is causing this issue. After taking a call or making a call, after about 1 minute or so, the music streaming from my iPhone will suddenly pause. There is no way to get it playing again without having to grab the phone and press the play button. Very baffling problem but I do think it is a notorious problem with the 6S iPhones.