S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

MB of Cary NC be damned!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 182 Likes on 152 Posts
s550 Diamond white amg pano
Doubt he went back... Ive lost it once or twice at a dealer. 1 time I bought a cpo 7 series and there were water spots on the window trim they swore they fixed it and when I drove over an hour to go pikup the car, there detailer had literally used a paint brush and poly urethaned all around the windows. They told me the car was mine and it had my plates on it now...needless to say they replaced all of the trim on the car. Turned out i actually loved the dealer they really went out of there way for some other issues and i wound up bringing my 2 other Bmws there for service for years.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:53 PM

Received 66 Likes on 22 Posts
W223 S580, Range Rover Supercharged LWB, Audi A8L, BMW 750i, Porsche 911 Carrera S (997)
I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal.

I had placed an order for a European Delivery S560 as early as September with delivery scheduled in December. Two weeks before the delivery I visited my local dealership to finalise everything. The sales manager started changing things up on my deal thinking I was already too far along to turn back. They had promised a certain number on my trade and then decided to offer me less than originally agreed once they found out I had a much lower payoff amount. I shook his hand and I said thats not how I do business, cancelled the order, and requested my deposit back. At that point, he got nearly belligerent saying car was "mine and waiting for you" and that the deposit was not refundable. Luckily, American Express thought otherwise. Nevertheless, I walked out upset. However, that quickly changed once I went to my second closest dealership that same day and ordered the same exact same car with a delivery date only 5 weeks later. And I was treated much better.

It's simply not worth the stress to get upset or react aggressively over poor treatment. You just move on and take it as a lesson learned.

Last edited by SB_NYC; 01-08-2018 at 08:56 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ML63
Originally Posted by Skerdian
It's simply not worth the stress to get upset or react aggressively over poor treatment. You just move on and take it as a lesson learned.
Glad everything turned out in your favor. My case is very different. Lies and libel cannot be forgotten nor forgiven. These companies like MB Lynnwood should be in the business of serving customers, not discriminating them.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ML63
My story wouldn't be complete if I didn't mention additional circumstances. The business that puts lies into a foundation of their operations does not exist in my books and I was happy not having to deal with these liars over the past few months. Recently, I began receiving solicitations from MB Lynnwood inviting me to upgrade my car which I purchased from them in 2013, and which they unfairly refused to service. These solicitations were signed by Kyle Wells (currently employed by MB Lynnwood in capacity of sales manager) and written in a humiliating tone by calling me a "preferred customer of Mercedes-Benz of Lynnwood" even though the dealership has formally refused to treat me as their customer. What's **** is wrong with them? Please don't start telling me that this class of communication is templatized, and dealerships do not have any control on what gets sent to whom and when. They have full control over these marketing communications. They trigger them./
Old 01-08-2018, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,419 Likes on 1,948 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by hyperion667
Surprised this came up again......hope I never run for president or this might haunt me.
Hell, I’d vote for you, but you must take Kid Rock as your running mate.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,419 Likes on 1,948 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by Skerdian
I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal.

I had placed an order for a European Delivery S560 as early as September with delivery scheduled in December. Two weeks before the delivery I visited my local dealership to finalise everything. The sales manager started changing things up on my deal thinking I was already too far along to turn back. They had promised a certain number on my trade and then decided to offer me less than originally agreed once they found out I had a much lower payoff amount. I shook his hand and I said thats not how I do business, cancelled the order, and requested my deposit back. At that point, he got nearly belligerent saying car was "mine and waiting for you" and that the deposit was not refundable. Luckily, American Express thought otherwise. Nevertheless, I walked out upset. However, that quickly changed once I went to my second closest dealership that same day and ordered the same exact same car with a delivery date only 5 weeks later. And I was treated much better.

Absolutely, POSITIVELY correct. MB dealers are everywhere. If one doesn’t treat you right, there are many others who will. As unpleasant and disappointing as walking away from an ordered car can be, I know that part of you felt great about doing so. Life is way too short to get upset about a new car transaction.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:44 PM

Received 204 Likes on 154 Posts
2021 GLE350, 2021 E350 / Used to drive: 2019 E300, 2020 GLE350, 2019 E450 Wagon(s), 2017 E300 Sedan
Hyper, your original dealer did you a favor - something else would have gone wrong in the future that would have driven you crazy anyway. Any dealer with a service dept employee that curbs a wheel on a customer vehicle is not serious about customer sat. anyway.

Your experience reminds me, about 20 years ago, I had trouble with Potamkin Chevrolet on 11th Ave in NYC. They were jerking me around on a service issue and I suggested that I was not going to be able to give them a good survey unless they got their act together. About 20 minutes later, I got a call from the service manager "Pick up your car, you aren't welcome here..." When I called Chevrolet corporate, the dealer lied and said I used bad language and threatened them.

When they went out of business, I smiled - the market took care of them. Best of luck with your new dealership - there's a dealer out there who will work hard for your business.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:49 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Lanzz
Hyper, your original dealer did you a favor - something else would have gone wrong in the future that would have driven you crazy anyway. Any dealer with a service dept employee that curbs a wheel on a customer vehicle is not serious about customer sat. anyway.

Your experience reminds me, about 20 years ago, I had trouble with Potamkin Chevrolet on 11th Ave in NYC. They were jerking me around on a service issue and I suggested that I was not going to be able to give them a good survey unless they got their act together. About 20 minutes later, I got a call from the service manager "Pick up your car, you aren't welcome here..." When I called Chevrolet corporate, the dealer lied and said I used bad language and threatened them.

When they went out of business, I smiled - the market took care of them. Best of luck with your new dealership - there's a dealer out there who will work hard for your business.
Thanx for your support Lanzz.....and you're right they did do me a favor........it was far away, the people sucked and I hated going there.......a win win for us all........thanx for your comment and welcome to the forums