S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Anyone Interested 360 Camera in Motion..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 04:28 PM

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts
'17 AMG C63S Edition 1 Coupe, '18 AMG C63S Convertible, '19 AMG GLS63
Yea I already know about Mid City. Problem is (probably for liability purposes), they don't allow you to turn it on on-demand (ie while driving). Which is what I really wish you could do...
Old 04-03-2017, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 243 Likes on 195 Posts
2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Originally Posted by FDNewbie
Yea I already know about Mid City. Problem is (probably for liability purposes), they don't allow you to turn it on on-demand (ie while driving). Which is what I really wish you could do...
I'm pretty sure you can. You will just need a trigger button. I would reach out to them and ask...
Old 04-04-2017, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Yes you can....

Link, yes you can on demand...
https://www.midcityengineering.com/d...a-on-demand/:y
Old 04-04-2017, 02:58 PM

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts
'17 AMG C63S Edition 1 Coupe, '18 AMG C63S Convertible, '19 AMG GLS63
I spoke with them over the phone. Can't activate above 5mph on demand...unless someone else has heard differently?
Old 04-04-2017, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
I spoke with them over the phone. Can't activate above 5mph on demand...unless someone else has heard differently?
If it will work with a negative trigger, it should. Ill check with them shortly. Will be adding the Curb Alert and the canbus module.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Please see answers below.

All the best,

Noah Thatcher
Mid City Engineering
sales@midcityengineering.com
www.midcityengineering.com
www.smartkeystarter.com

On Apr 3, 2017, at 11:27 PM, A-Uneeda wrote:

Thanks for the quick response!!! Some questions…
1. Is this a software update or a piece of hardware? If hardware, can you provide a link or info on the installation instructions? - This is a hardware solution. It is a plug and play CAN connection and power/ground to the cig. lighter. You can view and download the installation manual here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...Hp3ZmZfd1ZaUWs

2. What is the cost for a 2014 550 S-Class - The cost is $308 + shipping for the 360CAM222, the Curb Alert Pro is $150

2. What happens in Stop and go Traffic? Will it keep popping the camera in and out as you creep along? - If you choose to program the speed activated feature, yes the 360 camera will turn on any time the vehicle travels below 4 MPH- this includes traffic, red lights, stop signs, etc.. If you do not wish for that to happen, you will not program the speed activation. The on-demand, Drive activated, and curb alert sensor will always work (keep in mind, if you are using the curb alert the camera will come on if the curb alert senses an obstruction in front of you, but this is likely very helpful in most cases)

2. What if you have Video in Motion and watching a Movie? Usually I have the left half of the screen with Navigation and the Movie on the Right…. - to be honest, I do not know. I would suggest turning on your split view with a DVD and see what happens when you press the 360 camera button or activate it through the menu. However it behaves in this case is how the camera activation with split screen should work with our module)

2. To add the Curb Alert later, is it a Single wire connection? - yes, the curb alert hookup is a single wire negative trigger that gets connected to the 360CAM222 (keep in mind, the curb alert sensor does need power/ground and to be mounted in the front of the vehicle)

P.S. I am keeping fellow MB owners updated with your product….. - That is great to hear. Thank you for you inquiry and support.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 473 Likes on 327 Posts
2019 S560, 2022 Audi S8
Originally Posted by Socalsteve
Is your vehicle a 2015 with Magic Body Control?

Edit: went down to my car after reading this and my Mississippi count was right on! Super fast. Yes, you are correct, rear rises first, then front...but about 2-4 seconds. Not sure where the 20-30 seconds comes from. Mine works super duper fast.
It takes at least 30 seconds to raise the vehicle. Not a good option for this problem.
The following users liked this post:
Socalsteve (04-24-2017)
Old 04-06-2017, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Originally Posted by MBS63AMG
It takes at least 30 seconds to raise the vehicle. Not a good option for this problem.
I have an early production 222, it will raise rear, then front, then rear and back to front again. Not sure how many times it alternates, I will have to check again. But for sure it is 12 to 20 Mississippi's.... Will check with service next visit...

Also, not MBC, 4-Matic
Old 04-23-2017, 05:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S350d AMG Line Premium Plus
Originally Posted by Nice Ride
Please see answers below.

All the best,

Noah Thatcher
Mid City Engineering
sales@midcityengineering.com
www.midcityengineering.com
www.smartkeystarter.com

On Apr 3, 2017, at 11:27 PM, A-Uneeda wrote:

Thanks for the quick response!!! Some questionsÂ…
1. Is this a software update or a piece of hardware? If hardware, can you provide a link or info on the installation instructions? - This is a hardware solution. It is a plug and play CAN connection and power/ground to the cig. lighter. You can view and download the installation manual here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...Hp3ZmZfd1ZaUWs

2. What is the cost for a 2014 550 S-Class - The cost is $308 + shipping for the 360CAM222, the Curb Alert Pro is $150

2. What happens in Stop and go Traffic? Will it keep popping the camera in and out as you creep along? - If you choose to program the speed activated feature, yes the 360 camera will turn on any time the vehicle travels below 4 MPH- this includes traffic, red lights, stop signs, etc.. If you do not wish for that to happen, you will not program the speed activation. The on-demand, Drive activated, and curb alert sensor will always work (keep in mind, if you are using the curb alert the camera will come on if the curb alert senses an obstruction in front of you, but this is likely very helpful in most cases)

2. What if you have Video in Motion and watching a Movie? Usually I have the left half of the screen with Navigation and the Movie on the RightÂ…. - to be honest, I do not know. I would suggest turning on your split view with a DVD and see what happens when you press the 360 camera button or activate it through the menu. However it behaves in this case is how the camera activation with split screen should work with our module)

2. To add the Curb Alert later, is it a Single wire connection? - yes, the curb alert hookup is a single wire negative trigger that gets connected to the 360CAM222 (keep in mind, the curb alert sensor does need power/ground and to be mounted in the front of the vehicle)

P.S. I am keeping fellow MB owners updated with your productÂ….. - That is great to hear. Thank you for you inquiry and support.
Thanks for sharing this.

What I'd *really* like though, is a solution that would get the 360° cameras recording to the HDD (hard disk drive) as an inbuilt "dashcam". Fancy features can come later but these basics would be great
* on/off button (could be combinations of existing buttons)
* Back, front and side cameras
* easy retrieval (USB, SAD card and/or WiFi)

I'd like to see what they have to say, so please share their contact details, if you'd rather not ask them.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Originally Posted by gr1nch
Thanks for sharing this.

What I'd *really* like though, is a solution that would get the 360° cameras recording to the HDD (hard disk drive) as an inbuilt "dashcam". Fancy features can come later but these basics would be great
* on/off button (could be combinations of existing buttons)
* Back, front and side cameras
* easy retrieval (USB, SAD card and/or WiFi)

I'd like to see what they have to say, so please share their contact details, if you'd rather not ask them.
If you look above, all contact information is included in the post...
I think that would be a great option to have a recorder running...
In general, I think it would be a bit complex since they would have to not activate the display but yet keep all cameras active.
Also, by doing this, the Front and Rear Mechanical cameras would be sticking out while driving. This may damage the activators since water can easily get into the housing while driving.
As a dash cam, it really would not be of any use since it cannot see the road / traffic in front of you......
Good question to ask them if that's what your interest is. They have been very responsive and detailed in answering my emails...
Good Luck!
Old 04-24-2017, 06:38 PM

Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts
2015 MBZ S 550
Originally Posted by MBS63AMG
Nope, not on my car with Magic Body Control. It's super fast. And, it's a perfect option for this problem. I happened to use it today coming out of a very steep driveway.