MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W222) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222-178/)
-   -   Ecco mode question (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222/647916-ecco-mode-question.html)

Pntblnk 12-24-2016 09:02 AM

Ecco mode question

I realize the Ecco mode is hard coded into the vehicle and has to be turned off manually each time the car is started. The function seems to be connected to a specific pressure or distance the brake pedal is depressed.

Inhave found that I t is possible to brake as normal for a stop but then let off of the brake before a complete stop and allowing the car to move forward a few feet with very light pressure on the pedal and the Ecco mode does NOT come on. I discovered this quite by accident while in traffic one day as I was inching forward. The car seemed to be stuck between the stop / start mode and "stutter started" ~3 times when I ealized that it was my pressure on the brake pedal that seemed to be causing it.

I can now successfully come to a complete stop without the Ecco mode kicking in 75% of time. Has anyone else had this same experience or do I have something wrong with my brake pedal sensor?

Nice Ride 12-26-2016 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Pntblnk (Post 7004378)
I realize the Ecco mode is hard coded into the vehicle and has to be turned off manually each time the car is started. The function seems to be connected to a specific pressure or distance the brake pedal is depressed.

Inhave found that I t is possible to brake as normal for a stop but then let off of the brake before a complete stop and allowing the car to move forward a few feet with very light pressure on the pedal and the Ecco mode does NOT come on. I discovered this quite by accident while in traffic one day as I was inching forward. The car seemed to be stuck between the stop / start mode and "stutter started" ~3 times when I ealized that it was my pressure on the brake pedal that seemed to be causing it.

I can now successfully come to a complete stop without the Ecco mode kicking in 75% of time. Has anyone else had this same experience or do I have something wrong with my brake pedal sensor?

Yes, I have experienced the same. But all that effort "not to mention safety", isn't it just easier to hit the ECO button, or like me hit the Sport button Vrooom.... Vrooom.... :naughty:

I get what your saying, but the effort and having to think about how much pressure you are applying every time you come to a stop must be exhausting.... Not to mention, you should have your foot planted nicely on the brake should you ever get rear ended , this way you only have to get the rear paint to match instead of the front too...

dbldpr 12-26-2016 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Pntblnk (Post 7004378)

Eco does not have to be turned off each time you use the car. Mid city enginnering in Chicago has a module that can be hooked up that eliminates having to press the button each time. I have it on mine for over 2 years now. works great and I do not have to press the sh-tty button each time it automatically turns it off when you turn on the ignition.