MBZ Survey question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 05:06 PM

Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts
2015 MBZ S 550
MBZ Survey question

Hi all,

Just bought a CPO S550 from an authorized Mercedes dealer in Los Angeles. Will I be getting ( via phone call or email ) a survey asking me about my buying experience with the dealership?

The dealership does not seem to care if my experience was satisfactory or not as I have not heard from them since my initial purchase. I remember getting texts, emails and phone calls from the Porsche dealership after every service. They truly cared that my experience was a good one and wanted me to leave positive remarks on the survey.

Does this dealership not care because I will not get a chance to take a survey because it's a CPO vehicle ( not new ) or?

As always, thank you in advance,

Steve
Old 01-22-2017, 05:14 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2005 SL500, 2022 RX350, 2016 GLC300 4Matic(Sold), 2008 RX350 (sold), 2003 RX300(sold)
Originally Posted by Socalsteve
Hi all,
Will I be getting ( via phone call or email ) a survey asking me about my buying experience with the dealership

Steve
Yes, but be mindful the results are directly shared with the SA. And it is very easy to figure out, who the responder is. They don't sell S class very often, do they?
In my experience, they only care about all 5 stars, whether they earned it or not!
Old 01-22-2017, 06:17 PM

2015 MBZ S 550
Originally Posted by TheSpooky
Yes, but be mindful the results are directly shared with the SA. And it is very easy to figure out, who the responder is. They don't sell S class very often, do they?
In my experience, they only care about all 5 stars, whether they earned it or not!
Just curious why I would care if it would be shared or not with the sales advisor? I want to be honest and tell MBZ about my experience with the dealership, not sugarcoat it.

If things are not up to snuff and I wasn't treated the way I felt I should have been, don't you think they need to be called out on the carpet? I mean, even though I did get a pretty smokin' deal on my S Class, that doesn't mean I should be treated with disrespect or condescension, does it?
Old 01-22-2017, 06:28 PM

2005 SL500, 2022 RX350, 2016 GLC300 4Matic(Sold), 2008 RX350 (sold), 2003 RX300(sold)
Originally Posted by Socalsteve
don't you think they need to be called out on the carpet?
You have all the rights to express yourself.
Will they pay attention?...I very much doubt. Instead you are more likely to get a not so polite (actually "nasty" is a better word for it) call from an unhappy SA.
Let me know how it goes.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:36 PM

2015 MBZ S 550
Originally Posted by TheSpooky
You have all the rights to express yourself.
Will they pay attention?...I very much doubt. Instead you are more likely to get a not so polite (actually "nasty" is a better word for it) call from an unhappy SA.
Let me know how it goes.
I'd much rather get a call from the GM of the dealership. I'll probably just ignore the SA call. The person I want to call out is the Sales Manager. He was truly an obnoxious and condescending person and does the dealership a disservice.

The SA was a decent guy, but didn't know enough details about the car when delivering it to me. Maybe my expectations are too high.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:19 PM

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 S550 4matic
If you'll be returning their for Maintenace work I'd consider closely what I share. I'd rate them 5 stars and then influence them to a higher standard when you visit them again. Have you ever read the best seller by Dale Carnegie, "How to Win Friends and Influence People"? Imagine the benefit of having a SA as a friend!?!
The following 2 users liked this post by swaynesworld:
jfz219 (01-24-2017), Socalsteve (01-23-2017)
Old 01-23-2017, 10:38 PM

2015 MBZ S 550
Originally Posted by swaynesworld
If you'll be returning their for Maintenace work I'd consider closely what I share. I'd rate them 5 stars and then influence them to a higher standard when you visit them again. Have you ever read the best seller by Dale Carnegie, "How to Win Friends and Influence People"? Imagine the benefit of having a SA as a friend!?!
There are two MBZ dealerships closer to me. I have no reason to go back to this dealership ever again. I owe them nothing. They just happened to have the car I wanted. I wouldn't have gone there if they didn't.

I've tried 3 times now to get the GM to return my call. He obviously doesn't care about listening to his customers, so why should I care about giving them a 5 star rating?
Old 01-24-2017, 07:23 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
You should not blow smoke on a survey just because you might service your car there! That's dumb!
The idea that someone will be nicer to you after you kiss their *** is retarded!!!

The salesmen don't service the cars! And the tech's probably don't give a crap about the salesmen anyway!!

If you get a survey, you tell the truth..........like a normal person would LOL
Old 01-24-2017, 07:25 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by swaynesworld
that's a really silly sentiment
the SA's want your car in the shop, not your friendship!
Old 01-24-2017, 07:50 PM

Received 64 Likes on 37 Posts
E300-4matic
Same Situation

I just bought a CPO S550 and once you drive it off the lot they don't care if you run it into a telephone pole. MB is a company like any other and they couldn't care less that you bought one of their cars, new or CPA or if it's the Flintstone mobile. It's a car company, ever hear of a real car company that really gave a damn about their customers once they get your money. Sorry to say it but I've had my CPO for 2 weeks and Ive had 5 problems and they're still not fixed and the dealer has a parrot, when something doesn't go your way or it's their faults they put the parrot on the phone and he says, "Make an appointment, we'll fix it." And if you bring it back and they don't fix it they just drag out the Parrot and press the Parrot button and you get the same answer. No my friend, they couldn't give a hoot in hell even if you have a Maybach, they really don't care what your problem with your car is, they operative word is "Your" problem. Best of luck.
A Patriot.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by 1guitar
...they couldn't give a hoot in hell even if you have a Maybach, they really don't care what your problem with your car is, they operative word is "Your" problem. Best of luck.
A Patriot.
Sadly, very true.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:03 PM

2015 MBZ S 550
I just bought a CPO S550 and once you drive it off the lot they don't care if you run it into a telephone pole. MB is a company like any other and they couldn't care less that you bought one of their cars, new or CPA or if it's the Flintstone mobile. It's a car company, ever hear of a real car company that really gave a damn about their customers once they get your money. Sorry to say it but I've had my CPO for 2 weeks and Ive had 5 problems and they're still not fixed and the dealer has a parrot, when something doesn't go your way or it's their faults they put the parrot on the phone and he says, "Make an appointment, we'll fix it." And if you bring it back and they don't fix it they just drag out the Parrot and press the Parrot button and you get the same answer. No my friend, they couldn't give a hoot in hell even if you have a Maybach, they really don't care what your problem with your car is, they operative word is "Your" problem. Best of luck.
A Patriot.
Please tell us what the 5 problems are and why you think they didn't get fixed when you brought the car in.

Would be great to know so if they are ongoing issues, we can all look out for them. It's a very sophisticated, complex machine with many features. I am sure most of them have been worked out by now.

Please share your specific complaints with the vehicle.

Thank you!
Old 01-24-2017, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 313 Likes on 214 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
A Patriot.

Can you share your problems so the people on the thread might be helpful to you?
Old 01-24-2017, 08:53 PM

2015 MBZ S 550
Originally Posted by MTrauman
Can you share your problems so the people on the thread might be helpful to you?
He actually did state the issue in another thread. Seems the only thing wrong is the MBrace is not yet set up. The car is perfect ( as far as I can tell from what he stated ), he just needs to get the app and set up with an MBrace account.

Kind of a lot of drama for not a big issue.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:29 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by MTrauman
You don't know what you're getting into