P1 Package
Warmth & Comfort
Sport Package
19 inch AMG Wheels
Driver Assistance
Surround View
Rear Spoiler

MSRP $119,465

Realisticslly, what should I expect to get off MSRP with fleet. Currently a June build being delivered in July.

Current GL-450 is up within 5mths so I'm going to take advantage of Lease Accelerator.

Going to lease through MB Financial. Any feedback on residual and money factor. 3/36 and 42mths?

Love love the black/nut brown combintion. First time I've been excited to purchase a new car in quite sometime.

Old 03-10-2017, 12:58 AM

Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts
2015 MBZ S 550
I know nothing about leasing, but I bet you'd do much better if you get a car that is already on a dealers lot and go the last day of the month. You may not get exactly everything you want ( maybe adding some cool stuff you didn't ) but I bet you'll save a boatload of $$$.

Easy to check all the local dealerships inventory these days, it's all on the net.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW X5
Since you have the warmth and comfort package, may I know if it comes with the detachable pillows on the back seat? It suppose to be store in the back trunk according to a youtube video.

Thank you
Old 03-11-2017, 07:36 AM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
S, GL
Originally Posted by Socalsteve
I know nothing about leasing, but I bet you'd do much better if you get a car that is already on a dealers lot and go the last day of the month. You may not get exactly everything you want ( maybe adding some cool stuff you didn't ) but I bet you'll save a boatload of $$$.

Easy to check all the local dealerships inventory these days, it's all on the net.
True, especially this month since it is also quarter-end
Old 03-11-2017, 08:56 AM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
2017 S550 Iridium / Black Nappa, 2015 GL 550 Paladium Silver
Great color combination and looks stunning in person. Warmth & Comfort was a must have for me and it does come with the two pillows - stored in the compartment behind the armrest. Deals are there to be had and I am constantly surprised with the discounts being offered. Good luck with the purchase.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:01 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
GL450
Originally Posted by Pntblnk
Great color combination and looks stunning in person. Warmth & Comfort was a must have for me and it does come with the two pillows - stored in the compartment behind the armrest. Deals are there to be had and I am constantly surprised with the discounts being offered. Good luck with the purchase.
I wouldn't have remotely thought of this color combination had I not seen this car on the showroom floor. It was a no brainer. I got $16.3k off MSRP including fleet. Hoping that goes up since the car won't be here until end of June/early July.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:40 AM

2015 MBZ S 550
Originally Posted by phillyreem
I wouldn't have remotely thought of this color combination had I not seen this car on the showroom floor. It was a no brainer. I got $16.3k off MSRP including fleet. Hoping that goes up since the car won't be here until end of June/early July.
Why do you think that you will get a bigger discount once the car shows up? Doesn't the dealer have you by the b@lls at that point? You waited months to get this car, you are not going to walk away. Seems counterintuitive to me. Am I missing something here?

I will say it again. You want the best deal, buy a car off the lot at the end of the month and be willing to walk away and move onto the next car if they don't give you a HUGE discount.

If you want exactly the car you want, then be willing to pay more money for it. Dealers know this. They are not stupid and play on our emotions.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, they are magnificent vehicles in every sense of the word.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:41 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
S65, SL65
The 2018 MY S Class refresh w/ many tech improvements should hit US dealers by July / August - suggest you wait for the updated car or push for a deeper discount.
The following users liked this post:
aypues (03-12-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 10:54 AM

GL450
Why do you think that you will get a bigger discount once the car shows up? Doesn't the dealer have you by the b@lls at that point? You waited months to get this car, you are not going to walk away. Seems counterintuitive to me. Am I missing something here?

I will say it again. You want the best deal, buy a car off the lot at the end of the month and be willing to walk away and move onto the next car if they don't give you a HUGE discount.

If you want exactly the car you want, then be willing to pay more money for it. Dealers know this. They are not stupid and play on our emotions.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, they are magnificent vehicles in every sense of the word.
This is my 3rd Benz and 2nd from this dealer. I only deal with the GSM and he puts it all on the table for me to see. He has also said it could be discounted more and I haven't signed anything. All on a handshake. The ones on the lot have equipment I don't want or need. For instance the rear seat package when at least one seat will have a car seat in it. Only reason I'm getting warmth and comfort is because a heated steering wheel is a must.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:45 AM

2015 MBZ S 550
Originally Posted by phillyreem
This is my 3rd Benz and 2nd from this dealer. I only deal with the GSM and he puts it all on the table for me to see. He has also said it could be discounted more and I haven't signed anything. All on a handshake. The ones on the lot have equipment I don't want or need. For instance the rear seat package when at least one seat will have a car seat in it. Only reason I'm getting warmth and comfort is because a heated steering wheel is a must.
Don't have a clue where you live, but in LA there are at least 6 MBZ dealerships within easy driving range to me. And, given Cars.com, Autotrader and each individual dealership, I can only imagine that you can come very close to finding a vehicle that suits your needs that is already on the ground via the Net. Dealerships are soooo much more willing to deal on these cars than ones that are ordered.

Find the car, make sure the dealership will trade with your dealership, make your best deal and have them flat bed it to you. Done!

Or, even better, do a national search for your car, work out the deal with whatever dealer has it via email and have it trucked to you. Done!
Old 03-11-2017, 01:18 PM

BMW X5
Originally Posted by HSCLA
The 2018 MY S Class refresh w/ many tech improvements should hit US dealers by July / August - suggest you wait for the updated car or push for a deeper discount.
As far as I know, the new S450 and S560 will be ready to be customized build in Q3, however the problem is, since they releasing the V6 S450, then it might be very hard to get good discount on the S560. They usually discount the entry level the most, just like I can get easily 9000 off from a GLS450, but only 2000 from a GLS550. Maybe this also applies to the 2018 S class.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:45 PM

'14 SL550
Only thought is why not get the Premium interior? The car is going to be great, don't skip that option.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:06 PM

GL450
Originally Posted by clembo
Only thought is why not get the Premium interior? The car is going to be great, don't skip that option.
i got the Nappa Leather. Didn't think Designo leather was needed. The Nappa for $2400 is sufficient.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by clembo
Agreed. Nappa just upgrades the seats/armrests. Another $2K steps up the rest of the interior significantly...

I's skip the spoiler instead. Or add HUD or extended wood option?

Last edited by Wolfman; 03-11-2017 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:28 AM

2015 MBZ S 550
Originally Posted by Wolfman
Agreed. Nappa just upgrades the seats/armrests. Another $2K steps up the rest of the interior significantly...

I's skip the spoiler instead. Or add HUD or extended wood option?
It is easy to spend other people's $$$!!!...

But seriously, depending on your wants, needs and desires, the HUD is a great option as is the extended wood option ( I have both on my car ). Spoilers are cheap in the big scheme of things.

If you are leasing, adding these options will not raise your monthly very much. The big hit will come in the resale. I got $50k off a 2 year old lease return with lots of very expensive options.

Get it fully loaded, let MBZ take the hit and the next guy will get a very nicely optioned S Class at a great price!
Old 03-12-2017, 12:41 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
04 Lexus LS430
I think the Driver's Assistance package should be required equipment. I wouldn't get this one for that reason. It says in your initial post that it has it but the buttons aren't there and the radome isn't present up front.
All the other options are great though.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:07 AM

2015 MBZ S 550
Originally Posted by aypues
I think the Driver's Assistance package should be required equipment. I wouldn't get this one for that reason. It says in your initial post that it has it but the buttons aren't there and the radome isn't present up front.
All the other options are great though.
He is ordering a car. Not buying the one pictured.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
It is easy to spend other people's $$$!!!...

But seriously, depending on your wants, needs and desires, the HUD is a great option as is the extended wood option ( I have both on my car ). Spoilers are cheap in the big scheme of things.

If you are leasing, adding these options will not raise your monthly very much. The big hit will come in the resale. I got $50k off a 2 year old lease return with lots of very expensive options.

Get it fully loaded, let MBZ take the hit and the next guy will get a very nicely optioned S Class at a great price!
Spoiler is cheap and so is HUD. The exclusive nappa does raise the quality of the interior.

That said, when buying used any options come at a great bargain. In terms of resale value, the sport package has probably the most impact on resale value.