S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

All audio functions stopped working and then came back?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 03:47 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 S550
All audio functions stopped working and then came back?

Hi,

Wondering if anyone's seen this.

I was driving my 2015 S550 4matic on a long day trip. About 250-300 miles total. I was listening to sat radio, HD radio and media player on COMAND along the way. No problems. I stopped for about an hour to pick up some stuff and loaded it in car (trunk).

Started car and all the screens came on but no sound. HD radio would tune but no sound. Sat radio said "Device Unavailable" on screen. Media player would come up but no sound and progress bar wouldn't move. Navigation seemed working but no sound and no voice commands seemed to work when I pushed button.

I stopped and turned off the car a couple of times along the way, even letting it wait until all the screens went off but the sound wouldn't come back. I drove the next 2-3 hrs with no audio.

Parked the car overnight and all worked the next morning and ever since. And yes I did try turning up the sound, hitting mute, ... while it was originally happening. Something was clearly fubar given the sat radio message. Was like the device itself was gone, not the service.

Anyone seen this? I can try taking it in (it's CPO) but since it's all working not sure what they'll find. Pretty annoying to sit in traffic with no sound to listen to.

Thx