MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W222) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222-178/)
-   -   Picked up my new 2017 S550 4Matic (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222/669416-picked-up-my-new-2017-s550-4matic.html)

Predator 007 06-08-2017 09:01 PM

Picked up my new 2017 S550 4Matic

Been a BMW 7 series and M5 driver for years and just made the jump to Mercedes.

Here are a few pics of my new sled. Decided to be different and go with the Diamond White Metallic and Silk Beige/Espresso Brown Nappa Leather. Lol. It's what they had on the lot that I could deal on. MSRP was $121,010 and we ended up at $106,000. They also agreed to tint the windows. I asked for 20% but it seems like 30%. Wish it was darker, but I guess I can live with it.

Notable features are...
*20" AMG Wheels
*Premium 1 Package
*Sport Package
*Warmth and Comfort Package
*Surround View System
*Driver Assistance Package
*Destination and Delivery :rolf:

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...3c6b184fc8.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...8310accd6d.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d334b35e47.jpg

MBS63AMG 06-08-2017 09:08 PM

Congratulations. Beautiful car. I wish I had that car and that deal. The S63 is not worth the extra $40K.

Wolfman 06-08-2017 09:56 PM

Congrats! Enjoy your new ride in good health!

Also had the F02 before but that BMW just wasn't for me. Try driving the S-class in aggressively in sport mode. This car will turn out to be quite quick as well.

Btw. Did you ask for the dark mats? Default are the beige ones.

dieseldoc 06-08-2017 11:11 PM

Beautiful car

RockSalt 06-09-2017 03:01 AM

Beatiful car. Mine is basically the same just with the porcelain leather. Congrats.

Originally Posted by MBS63AMG (Post 7174523)
Congratulations. Beautiful car. I wish I had that car and that deal. The S63 is not worth the extra $40K.

Care to elaborate? Was looking into getting an S63 after the refresh and would appreciate your thoughts. I've heard that everythingm costs more for the amg vehicles, but are there any other reasons why you regret buying the car and/or are the maintenance costs that high on it? Thanks in advance for the reply.

hyperion667 06-09-2017 06:56 AM

Congrats 007! Looks great! Same as mine :)

BenzV12 06-09-2017 09:39 AM

Congrats,
Happy Driving

Steinhart 06-09-2017 10:08 AM

AWESOME car! Congrats!

I have diamond white with porcelain interior, very happy with it

Enjoy!

RoseyPSU 06-09-2017 11:38 AM

Congrats on the new ride. Love the white with the 20s. Looks great. Drive safe!

dieseldoc 06-09-2017 12:27 PM

Nice

MBS63AMG 06-09-2017 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by RockSalt (Post 7174739)
Beatiful car. Mine is basically the same just with the porcelain leather. Congrats.

Care to elaborate? Was looking into getting an S63 after the refresh and would appreciate your thoughts. I've heard that everythingm costs more for the amg vehicles, but are there any other reasons why you regret buying the car and/or are the maintenance costs that high on it? Thanks in advance for the reply.

I guess I'm just getting old but the AMG wheels are too harsh of a ride, the car didn't come with as many nice features I was hoping for compared to a car $30K less (S550) like split vision screen, heads up display, rear A/C /heat controls, rear DVD screens, earphones, and controls, the extra touch of the high end Burmeister speakers that twist out of the A pillar area.
Most of all , I just don't like the harsh ride that the 20" wheels with the Continental tires.
The power of the car is amazing but a standard S550 has enough power on its own.

Manofsteelpt 06-09-2017 10:31 PM

Predator, congrats on the sweet new ride!

Originally Posted by MBS63AMG (Post 7175681)
I guess I'm just getting old but the AMG wheels are too harsh of a ride, the car didn't come with as many nice features I was hoping for compared to a car $30K less (S550) like split vision screen, heads up display, rear A/C /heat controls, rear DVD screens, earphones, and controls, the extra touch of the high end Burmeister speakers that twist out of the A pillar area.
Most of all , I just don't like the harsh ride that the 20" wheels with the Continental tires.
The power of the car is amazing but a standard S550 has enough power on its own.

Those are all options for the S63 AND S550... none of those are standard on the 550. The upgraded price is for performance and looks, it's not for options.
As for the ride, what about dropping to 19" wheels? Gives you a lil more sidewall, maybe that'll feel better for you. :zoom:

Wolfman 06-10-2017 03:01 AM

AMG models have a stiffer suspension so this may have nothing to do with wheel size and tire choice...

MTrauman 06-10-2017 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Wolfman (Post 7174580)
Congrats! Enjoy your new ride in good health!

Also had the F02 before but that BMW just wasn't for me. Try driving the S-class in aggressively in sport mode. This car will turn out to be quite quick as well.

Btw. Did you ask for the dark mats? Default are the beige ones.

MB changed the color of the mats for the 2017 S class. My '16 S came with the beige mats. When the '17 came out I ordered the espresso brown mats. So I have the beige, espresso brown, and a set of weather tech mats that I switch out at different times. MB made a good choice to go with the darker mats since I could never keep the beige mats clean.

Streamliner 06-10-2017 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by RockSalt (Post 7174739)

Since you are currently driving a 2015 S550, as I am, I have to ask you just WHY you are considering a 63? IMO, the 63 does one thing better than the 550: it accelerates faster. Since the 550 will put most anyone in jail if they are too heavy with their right foot, do you just want to get there sooner? No, seriously, WHAT good is all that torque & horsepower, in a country where the only place it is legal to use it, is a race track? Then, consider the trade offs, such as the harsher ride, higher price, higher maintenance costs, horrible depreciation and we are left with a car that only says "look at me, I spent the bucks so I can say mine's bigger than yours.":D

Streamliner 06-10-2017 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by MTrauman (Post 7175886)
MB changed the color of the mats for the 2017 S class. My '16 S came with the beige mats. When the '17 came out I ordered the espresso brown mats. So I have the beige, espresso brown, and a set of weather tech mats that I switch out at different times. MB made a good choice to go with the darker mats since I could never keep the beige mats clean.

They actually make Espresso Brown mats? What a welcome change!

Manofsteelpt 06-10-2017 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Streamliner (Post 7176097)
Since you are currently driving a 2015 S550, as I am, I have to ask you just WHY you are considering a 63? IMO, the 63 does one thing better than the 550: it accelerates faster. Since the 550 will put most anyone in jail if they are too heavy with their right foot, do you just want to get there sooner? No, seriously, WHAT good is all that torque & horsepower, in a country where the only place it is legal to use it, is a race track? Then, consider the trade offs, such as the harsher ride, higher price, higher maintenance costs, horrible depreciation and we are left with a car that only says "look at me, I spent the bucks so I can say mine's bigger than yours.":D

Wow, give it a rest, pal. YOU don't want or need a 63, we get it... I'm sure the whole forum knows by now too. Just put it in ur signature that u don't like 63's.

Streamliner 06-10-2017 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Manofsteelpt (Post 7176112)
Wow, give it a rest, pal. YOU don't want or need a 63, we get it... I'm sure the whole forum knows by now too. Just put it in ur signature that u don't like 63's.

You know, when it said "NEWBIE" next to my handle, I posted some pretty stupid things here, not taking into account that different folks like different things. However, by the time it said "SENIOR MEMBER" next to my handle, I had long ago figured out that it's good to state things as your opinion and to try not to be an idiot about it. You don't like my posts, don't read them. And remember, steroids are no good for you!:D

hyperion667 06-10-2017 07:02 PM

I can add that my 63 is not even worth half of what I paid for it :(

But you know what? I love getting in it, driving it......romping on it!
It's an awesome car that has been really rock solid.

https://mbworld.org/g/album/306282:y

Manofsteelpt 06-10-2017 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Streamliner (Post 7176172)
You know, when it said "NEWBIE" next to my handle, I posted some pretty stupid things here, not taking into account that different folks like different things. However, by the time it said "SENIOR MEMBER" next to my handle, I had long ago figured out that it's good to state things as your opinion and to try not to be an idiot about it. You don't like my posts, don't read them. And remember, steroids are no good for you!:D

But when ur just an old ass douche bag, and comment OVER AND OVER about it, it gets old.
Idt anyone that has a 63 gives AF about you thinking it's too much car. I as a owner certainly don't.

RockSalt 06-10-2017 07:41 PM

Not necessarily the model specific information I was looking for, but thanks for taking the time to answer me.

Originally Posted by Wolfman (Post 7175803)
AMG models have a stiffer suspension so this may have nothing to do with wheel size and tire choice...

Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense being AMG. A harsher ride doesn't bother me.

Originally Posted by Streamliner (Post 7176097)

Why? I want one. I'm glad you're happy with yours as it is. We should all be happy with what we buy. I love everything about my current car. I would love it even more with the extra power.

Originally Posted by hyperion667 (Post 7176298)
I can add that my 63 is not even worth half of what I paid for it :(

But you know what? I love getting in it, driving it......romping on it!
It's an awesome car that has been really rock solid.

https://mbworld.org/g/album/306282:y

Thanks for the input, Hyperion. That's exactly the reason I want it. I know it's a horrible investment, but if that was the only way I lived my life, it would most assuredly be more dull. That's a great car collection from looking at the album you posted.

dieseldoc 06-10-2017 09:48 PM

my comment to this is buy what ever you like and can afford. You only live once.

swaynesworld 06-10-2017 11:25 PM

Boys squabble over inanimate objects as if the object had some meaning in life...

sam9187 06-10-2017 11:47 PM

I love both my s63 sedan and S 63 coupe
Tune on both for even faster acceleration. Had a renntech tune at first which wasn't that good. Now I have eurocharged - 770hp
I had a 2014 S550 and wasn't fun to drive. I traded it in for the 2015s back when 2015s came out.
Point is get what you want.

absent 06-11-2017 08:37 AM

Gorgeous interior but I'm concerned a bit about discoloring from denim.
It happened to me in the past and destroyed the look completely, was also impossible to remove (Range Rover).
Is MB leather easier to maintain?