Rear Passenger Blast of Hot Air .....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 243 Likes on 195 Posts
2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Rear Passenger Blast of Hot Air .....

Anyone have Quad climate with the following problem / issue.... After running with the A/C on for front and rear, after turning off the car for 15 20 min, after restarting, the rear passengers get blasted with extremely HOT air for a minute. Does the venting system get Heat Soaked by the exhaust? is this normal? Until a passenger said to shut off the hear, I had no idea what they were talking about. Sure enough, with Quad Climate, the air gets super heated when the car is turned off for 15 min..... I'm talking extremely HOT air....
Old 07-07-2017, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 940 Likes on 686 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Don't know if this will help but sometimes on my E Class it seems as though the controller gets confused and seems to put on the heater when it should be air conditioning. I get the same blast of hot air that you are talking about. Doesn't seem to do it when I turn on the AC manually. Point being it may be the controller not some heat soaked exhaust thing. Try using the manual ac and see it it still does it.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 S550, 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV
Originally Posted by Nice Ride
Anyone have Quad climate with the following problem / issue.... After running with the A/C on for front and rear, after turning off the car for 15 20 min, after restarting, the rear passengers get blasted with extremely HOT air for a minute. Does the venting system get Heat Soaked by the exhaust? is this normal? Until a passenger said to shut off the hear, I had no idea what they were talking about. Sure enough, with Quad Climate, the air gets super heated when the car is turned off for 15 min..... I'm talking extremely HOT air....
Same here; issue is with 4zone climate controls...
Good thing MB doesn't force customers to pay extra for that feature, or even put it in an expensive option package... Oh wait...

I usually put the rear fan to setting 6 for a few seconds to blast the hot air out faster...
Old 07-07-2017, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 243 Likes on 195 Posts
2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Originally Posted by MBNUT1
Don't know if this will help but sometimes on my E Class it seems as though the controller gets confused and seems to put on the heater when it should be air conditioning. I get the same blast of hot air that you are talking about. Doesn't seem to do it when I turn on the AC manually. Point being it may be the controller not some heat soaked exhaust thing. Try using the manual ac and see it it still does it.
I leave the settings on "Sync" and Auto. It will get cold after a minute or so, that's why I think it is the exhaust heating the ductwork.

Again, when I say HOT, I am not exaggerating its pretty bad. I guess no one really notices it unless you were in the back.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 940 Likes on 686 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by Nice Ride
I leave the settings on "Sync" and Auto. It will get cold after a minute or so, that's why I think it is the exhaust heating the ductwork.

Again, when I say HOT, I am not exaggerating its pretty bad. I guess no one really notices it unless you were in the back.
Ok that is different than mine. When mine gets in this mode it doesn't get cold.