S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Help Me With My 2018 S560v4 Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 03:35 PM

Received 66 Likes on 22 Posts
W223 S580, Range Rover Supercharged LWB, Audi A8L, BMW 750i, Porsche 911 Carrera S (997)
Help Me With My 2018 S560v4 Build

Hi All-

I am in the works placing an order for a 2018 S560 4matic European Delivery for December!

I would greatly appreciate help with a few questions I have for those in the know in regards to my build:

First, the color- my currently S has regular black but this time around I am thinking to change it up and order Obsidian Black, thoughts? I don't mind detailing often but I really would like the car to "pop out" and shine...which paint color works better do you think?

Interior- Currently have exclusive nut brown, was thinking to go with exclusive porcelain white with black accents for a change. Thoughts?

Trim- Currently have black poplar, would like this to stay the same..but wondering if the black matte natural wood would be a better choice? Does anyone have experience with this new trim?

Sports Package- Currently have sports package with the 20" multiple spoke wheels, but I noticed the facelift sports package is only prominent in the front with a subdued rear, maybe its not worth the $6k price tag? Do you think a non-sport with 20" wheels would be the better choice?

4matic vs ABC/MBC- Currently have MBC, wanted to get 4matic instead this time around bc I am in New York City...thoughts? Am I really losing out without the MBC (which I love..). Will there be alot more roll you think? My 2017 BMW 750i has tremendous power and pull, but just as much tremendous body roll that I cannot stand....

Other options staying the same- Heads up, premium 1, warmth and comfort, driver's assist....

Any help, input would be greatly appreciated. Btw, if anyone else is doing ED, my deal is pretty sweet at 11% off (and of course the $995 delivery off). PM me if you want me to get you my salesman info, I'm sure he would appreciate more business and would probably match.

Thank you all for any input, would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-31-2017, 04:48 PM

Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts
S600
Originally Posted by Skerdian

Interior- Currently have exclusive nut brown, was thinking to go with exclusive porcelain white with black accents for a change. Thoughts?

4matic vs ABC/MBC- Currently have MBC, wanted to get 4matic instead this time around bc I am in New York City...thoughts?

If you are a clean freak, and would never enter your car with any dirt on your clothing, you can get the porcelain interior. Otherwise stick to darker leathers.

MBC is vastly better than 4Matic unless you live in the lands of snow and cruel winters. Rear wheel drive has a dynamic feel to it that cannot be reproduced with 4Matic. But if you live in the land of snow and cruel winters, 4Matic is best. Shame there is no option for both.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:06 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Congragulations on a sweet ED deal. .

I was able to get 10.7% off MSRP on my ED deal however, I could not order the car yet. For some weird reason Non-4 Matic will be available later towards the end of the year which pushed out my delivery timeframe all the way out to May. I do not want to go to Europe during winter months. Something you should consider as well if you intend to vacation there for few weeks.

As far as color options, it's all a matter of personal taste. I would never order a black car knowing how difficult it is to keep it clean and swirl-free. I live in AZ and it gets pretty hot here so I will order designo diamond white. As far as interior , I will get the porcelain/black - same as you. I think it is a great choice with nice contrasting interior color scheme.

As far as Sports package , I think it is a must have as I am not digging the front bumper design of the Non-Sport. Plus the new 20 inch wheel looks great !

Please share some pictures and let us know your ED experience when you get your car.

Last edited by quantira2; 08-31-2017 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:11 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
GL450
I should have waited. I took delivery of my 2017 June 9th. $120k car for $102.9k. Had no idea they'd be discounting the 18's this aggressively so soon. ****!!

Originally Posted by Skerdian
Hi All-

I am in the works placing an order for a 2018 S560 4matic European Delivery for December!

I would greatly appreciate help with a few questions I have for those in the know in regards to my build:

First, the color- my currently S has regular black but this time around I am thinking to change it up and order Obsidian Black, thoughts? I don't mind detailing often but I really would like the car to "pop out" and shine...which paint color works better do you think?

Trim- Currently have black poplar, would like this to stay the same..but wondering if the black matte natural wood would be a better choice? Does anyone have experience with this new trim?

Sports Package- Currently have sports package with the 20" multiple spoke wheels, but I noticed the facelift sports package is only prominent in the front with a subdued rear, maybe its not worth the $6k price tag? Do you think a non-sport with 20" wheels would be the better choice?

4matic vs ABC/MBC- Currently have MBC, wanted to get 4matic instead this time around bc I am in New York City...thoughts? Am I really losing out without the MBC (which I love..). Will there be alot more roll you think? My 2017 BMW 750i has tremendous power and pull, but just as much tremendous body roll that I cannot stand....

Other options staying the same- Heads up, premium 1, warmth and comfort, driver's assist....

Any help, input would be greatly appreciated. Btw, if anyone else is doing ED, my deal is pretty sweet at 11% off (and of course the $995 delivery off). PM me if you want me to get you my salesman info, I'm sure he would appreciate more business and would probably match.

Thank you all for any input, would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-31-2017, 07:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
GLE300D, GL 350BT
Originally Posted by Mitch Alsup
If you are a clean freak, and would never enter your car with any dirt on your clothing, you can get the porcelain interior. Otherwise stick to darker leathers.

MBC is vastly better than 4Matic unless you live in the lands of snow and cruel winters. Rear wheel drive has a dynamic feel to it that cannot be reproduced with 4Matic. But if you live in the land of snow and cruel winters, 4Matic is best. Shame there is no option for both.
There is an option for both called 4Matic+. You need to upgrade to the S63 to get it.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:16 AM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by quantira2
Congragulations on a sweet ED deal. .

I was able to get 10.7% off MSRP on my ED deal however, I could not order the car yet. For some weird reason Non-4 Matic will be available later towards the end of the year which pushed out my delivery timeframe all the way out to May. I do not want to go to Europe during winter months. Something you should consider as well if you intend to vacation there for few weeks.

As far as color options, it's all a matter of personal taste. I would never order a black car knowing how difficult it is to keep it clean and swirl-free. I live in AZ and it gets pretty hot here so I will order designo diamond white. As far as interior , I will get the porcelain/black - same as you. I think it is a great choice with nice contrasting interior color scheme.

As far as Sports package , I think it is a must have as I am not digging the front bumper design of the Non-Sport. Plus the new 20 inch wheel looks great !

Please share some pictures and let us know your ED experience when you get your car.
Where are they giving over 10%off on 18's?
Old 09-01-2017, 12:25 AM

ED (European Delivery) alone is 7% discount . I got additional 3.7% which brings the total to 10.7% off msrp.. I doubt anyone can get 10% off of 18's for a local dealer pick up ..

Originally Posted by RJC
Where are they giving over 10%off on 18's?
Old 09-01-2017, 12:44 AM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

ED (European Delivery) alone is 7% discount . I got additional 3.7% which brings the total to 10.7% off msrp.. I doubt anyone can get 10% off of 18's for a local dealer pick up ..
missed the ED part.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 313 Likes on 214 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
I do not want to go to Europe during winter months. Something you should consider as well if you intend to vacation there for few weeks.

FYI:

OP (Skerdian) is a Pro at ED delivery in the winter. He did ED delivery in December 2013 for his '14 S Class about the same time as my '14 S was ED delivery.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,419 Likes on 1,948 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Nothing and I mean NOTHING looks as good as a brand new, Obsidian Black S Class, that is PERFECTLY clean and polished. Unfortunately, it only looks like that for about an hour after a complete detail, so black cars are out for me.

IMO, the Sports Pkg. is and always has been, a gigantic rip off. How much more does it cost MB to produce the sports body panels over the non-sports panels? How much more to produce ANY of the Sports Pkg. bolt on "doodads," as opposed to the parts they replace? I believe the answer is close to NIL! Somewhere along the line, a brilliant marketing type came up with this idea to put these swoopy body panels on MB sedans. This has morphed into an incredible sales gimmick. If you don't want the Sports Pkg., you are obviously NOT young, sexy, healthy, exciting, stylish, trendy, or SPORTY, bla,, bla! BLA! Well, you say "EVERYONE gets the Sports Pkg." Know why? Just TRY finding a non-sport model on a dealer lot. Damn near impossible. Bottom line: the Sports Pkg. was a brilliant marketing move on MB's part, that has turned into a cash cow for them and most folks end up paying the $6K premium, whether they really want it or not. And that money goes right to MB's corporate bottom line. When I order my cars and tell them I don't want the Sports Pkg., they look at my like I've lost my mind. Sorry, but IMO, making a gigantic, plush, uber luxury SALOON look "sporty," is just ridiculous. No sir, I like my sedans to look reserved, understated and elegant. In addition, I want them as quiet and comfortable as possible. If I need a sporty fix, I'll jump in my SL.

Last edited by Streamliner; 09-01-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:25 AM

Great.. So he should know how nasty weather can get during december in Europe. That was my point..

Originally Posted by MTrauman
FYI:

OP (Skerdian) is a Pro at ED delivery in the winter. He did ED delivery in December 2013 for his '14 S Class about the same time as my '14 S was ED delivery.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:49 PM

Received 66 Likes on 22 Posts
W223 S580, Range Rover Supercharged LWB, Audi A8L, BMW 750i, Porsche 911 Carrera S (997)
Thank you for remembering my 2014 write up!

Winter in Europe is indeed cold, however it's a nice change from usual summer vacations/trips. Im looking forward to the German Christmas markets and visting Northern Italy.

Streamliner- Challenge accepted. I think Obsidian it is and ritual detailing. Lol.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:02 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

If offered, Magnetite Black is also very nice.
Old 09-02-2017, 01:52 PM

Received 138 Likes on 106 Posts
2005 SL 500. 2015 S550. 2016 GLE400 2018 S560
I was able to get 10% off MSRP plus the current $1500 USAA rebate on my custom ordered S560, which is currently on the car carrier heading towards Baltimore for a September 11 arrival. This is my fifth Mercedes from this dealer, so it was a hassle free buying experience.

I agree with Streamliner, the Sports package while looking nice, is just not worth the additional $6k in my opinion. And black looks fantastic right after washing and waxing, but impossible to keep clean and hide the swirls. My car is going to be in the northeast during the summer and Florida during the winters, so I went with diamond white.

Last edited by Radman991; 09-02-2017 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09-02-2017, 02:37 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Radman991
I was able to get 10% off MSRP plus the current $1500 USAA rebate on my custom ordered S560, which is currently on the car carrier heading towards Baltimore for a September 11 arrival. This is my fifth Mercedes from this dealer, so it was a hassle free buying experience.

I agree with Streamliner, the Sports package while looking nice, is just not worth the additional $6k in my opinion. And black looks fantastic right after washing and waxing, but impossible to keep clean and hide the swirls. My car is going to be in the northeast during the summer and Florida during the winters, so I went with diamond white.
Who is your dealer?