S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

ecu 560 tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 08:28 AM

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
S63
Originally Posted by jenz
It's the dealer itself, any tune etc risks the loss of the OEM go-to-any-dealer warranty
thats what I said.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:31 AM

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
S63
Originally Posted by jenz
Did you have any powertrain issues with this car? If not, then your comment is a throw away. Dealers don't care about tunes until there's a powertrain issue.
the point of my post was, the car tuned didn't automatically raise flags at the dealer... I DID have a susp issue with the links in and they said nothing.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 Range Rover
Originally Posted by carnut1
I will say this, I have probably been doing modifications to cars for longer than most people, and this is nothing against any tuner in particular, but a lot of what happens warranty wise depends on your dealer and your relationship with them. I have never had any dealer ever deny me anything because of a tune, but I have a strong relationship with all the dealers I work with (my i8 was purchased from the mid west by my local dealer does all the work as if I bought it from them). There are MB (a well as BMW, Audi & Porsche) dealers that have there own performance divisions who sell the same type of tunes (exhausts, wheels etc) that you would buy from vendors on this forum. Those type of dealers are far more likely to not say your windshield wiper most failed because (yes I know I'm being extreme) you tuned your car. I'd talk to the head of service (whenever I work with a new dealer I always bring lunch in for the whole service department on my first appointment, not cheap but the results are astounding, I get when I need to not when they can put me in) feel them out see how they feel and modified cars. I know some dealers who are even apposed to tires that are not correct. There is a system that allows the MB key to out start the car, (I had done by the MB dealer in DE for the GL5550 my girlfriend used to have), when I asked the local dealer to get it for me, they acted as if I wanted a chicken head mounted on the car. That dealer will no longer be seeing me (I bought my nest 2 MB from a another local dealer), because I did not like the service departments attitude, What I am saying in my own drawn out way is that is if you fear losing your warranty don't tune your car, and find out how your dealer feels about modifications before you jump into anything. Yes you might very likely win if you sued the dealer (and MB) if they refused you warranty because of a mod, but really who wants to pay (and then wait what could be years) to sue. I would like to tune my car but the only tune I can find that can be turned off is Race Chip (I need at least one or two cars I can give to the valet without them trying to be an Nascar driver), and I am not sure about how good it is. I have duplicate ECU tunes, have piggy back tunes installed in my cars, I even have a tune I created with an ECU for my 997, but those cars I either do not care about warranty or know the dealers so well they enjoy seeing what I've done. My advise is only to help you have peace of mind and know where you stand before you do anything.
No intention to "hijack"...
Question, "out start".. are you referring to "remote start" and if so what did this "system" cost? And are you referring to the Wilmington DE dealership? thanks feel free to pm if you do not want to respond here. thanks.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:04 AM

Received 71 Likes on 54 Posts
Corvette C8 997S, Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve BMW 750 S560 Coupe
I checked the smart key starter will not work with the W222 chassis
Old 11-08-2017, 07:14 AM

2005 Range Rover
Originally Posted by carnut1
I checked the smart key starter will not work with the W222 chassis
thanks
Old 11-09-2017, 10:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
na
We could help ya out too! Give us a call at +1-888-875-2958
Old 11-09-2017, 11:35 PM

2005 Range Rover
Originally Posted by ecmexchange
We could help ya out too! Give us a call at +1-888-875-2958
sorry, is this for me?? or the OP??? thanks
Old 11-10-2017, 12:15 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
na
Sorry bout that. Was talking to OP, I should have been clearer.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:55 AM

2005 Range Rover
Originally Posted by ecmexchange
Sorry bout that. Was talking to OP, I should have been clearer.
no biggie man... just got my hopes up about a remote starter.. ... (that won't cost $290 a yr thru Mbrace) (wink wink)
Old 11-10-2017, 06:34 AM

Received 71 Likes on 54 Posts
Corvette C8 997S, Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve BMW 750 S560 Coupe
I have a cloned ECU for one of my other cars. That ECU is tuned and I swap them out as needed. If you are talking about that, you have peaked my interest.