MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W222) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222-178/)
-   -   Lowering kit (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222/689777-lowering-kit.html)

Kevindamoe 11-22-2017 04:02 AM

Lowering kit

hey guys! I am a new Mercedes S550 4matic owner as of today! I am wondering what is the best lowering kit? I just found out that we had stock airbags? Pretty new to me lol but if anybody knows anything please feel free to post thank you!

Matthayes3741 11-22-2017 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Kevindamoe (Post 7317868)
hey guys! I am a new Mercedes S550 4matic owner as of today! I am wondering what is the best lowering kit? I just found out that we had stock airbags? Pretty new to me lol but if anybody knows anything please feel free to post thank you!

midcity Engineering makes a lowering module that plugs into OBD-2 and allows you to lower it or adjust ride height. I can’t find it on their website but I know it’s there... I think Renntech makes a lot

Manofsteelpt 11-22-2017 08:50 PM

Renntech makes the one that plugs into the OBD port... The Midcity ELM has to be wired into the module under the p/s floor board (Unless MC has come up with a new design too). The MC works through the steering wheel controls, and is fully adjustable that way. The RT you plug and load it in, to adjust, you have to connect to PC and adjust it, then reload to OBD.

I opted for links for convenience.

Matthayes3741 11-23-2017 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Manofsteelpt (Post 7318619)
Renntech makes the one that plugs into the OBD port... The Midcity ELM has to be wired into the module under the p/s floor board (Unless MC has come up with a new design too). The MC works through the steering wheel controls, and is fully adjustable that way. The RT you plug and load it in, to adjust, you have to connect to PC and adjust it, then reload to OBD.

I opted for links for convenience.

Good catch! I knew that one existed as I had considered getting it. I searched Midcity’s website and couldn’t find it but wrote that off as their website is not the most user-friendly. Finally I just gave up and through out the two names that I remembered. Thanks for clarifying!

Kevindamoe 12-05-2017 04:33 AM

Found one on ebay

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...ccb5c80298.png
So I found this one called next gen LOMO lowering kit.
I talked to the salesman he seems prettt legit. There's a bunch of instructions and he actually even sent me a email of how to install he says it's plug and play. Has anyone used this on this forum?

mysticblu999 12-06-2017 08:39 AM

^^ I'd like to know more about that.

Tjdehya 12-06-2017 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Kevindamoe (Post 7327919)
So I found this one called next gen LOMO lowering kit.
I talked to the salesman he seems prettt legit. There's a bunch of instructions and he actually even sent me a email of how to install he says it's plug and play. Has anyone used this on this forum?

I have the last gen LOMO ELM on my E550 and I have been considering it for my S Coupe. The latest gen is supposedly much easier to install but I am not sure if they have addressed the one or two issues that plagued the last gen. Either way the couple small issues I have with the last gen will not stop me from purchasing this ELM. I just cant decide on what wheels I want to put on the car or if I am actually going to keep this car long enough to justify the investment in wheels and ELM.

That being said, if you don't like to ride around lowered all the time and want the ability to raise and lower the car as you wish then this is by far the best and most convenient product.

Manofsteelpt 12-06-2017 08:00 PM

FYI... If that's Anil, he offered it to me for $1400 in the summer when I spoke to him. Try to get that or even better from him.

@rt 01-17-2018 04:49 PM

Hi,

Well I had several cars that I have had lowered before by changing coilovers, but never had Mercedes with this particular suspension. So to properly lower the w222 the best way to do this with one of these lowering modules.

What other than Next Gen LoMo legit lowering modules anyone else installed/using? Any cheaper options than $1600?
Does it matter if your w222 is sport package or not?
Does that mess with any other electronics on your car?
Does the module has to be plugged in at all times or its unplugged after changing suspension settings?

Wolfman 01-18-2018 03:41 AM

I have never bothered to lower the S550 as I liked the ride height as it was but have done so on other MB’s with ABC and Airmatic. Currently have a Renntech V3 on the SL. The wiring is more complex than using a ODB module from Renntech is one I would strongly caution against as it gets permanently married to the VIN. Once plugged in it can never be used with any other car.
The Lomo had a better harness tag the Renntech if I recall.

Kevindamoe 01-18-2018 03:29 PM

I dont know i now I haven’t actually bought it yet because I’m deciding between Netlo and the renntech

Originally Posted by @rt (Post 7360176)
Hi,

Well I had several cars that I have had lowered before by changing coilovers, but never had Mercedes with this particular suspension. So to properly lower the w222 the best way to do this with one of these lowering modules.

What other than Next Gen LoMo legit lowering modules anyone else installed/using? Any cheaper options than $1600?
Does it matter if your w222 is sport package or not?
Does that mess with any other electronics on your car?
Does the module has to be plugged in at all times or its unplugged after changing suspension settings?

Kevindamoe 01-18-2018 03:31 PM

So the netlo is better then renntech? I have heard good things about the netlo

Wolfman 01-18-2018 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kevindamoe (Post 7360916)
So the netlo is better then renntech? I have heard good things about the netlo

Netlo? Never heard of it. Link?

Finn Donati 01-02-2022 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by GlenKrok (Post 8484577)
One of the best solutions for lowering the Airmatic suspension is the suspension lowering module from the MWMODS team (mwmods.com). I once bought it on Amazon here for my GLE53 and recently for my wife's c217 S-coupe.

Easy to set up and control.

I just listed: amazon.com/gp/product/B07C7G3J13/

I got one for my 2014 S350 Bluetec. Ofcourse it works..

But still a complete scam, When asking for the vin "to make sure it will work with your car". Only means "we will lock the divice to your VIN only" .

Why not just say, its VIN-locked?

Finn Donati 01-02-2022 06:01 PM

Finn Donati 01-02-2022 06:09 PM

Replying in a four year-old thread... I'm sorry.

HAWKiS63 01-03-2022 06:19 AM

Which one of the mentioned lowering modules works for the facelifted S cars (W22/C217/A217), so from MY18 onwards?
They have not only a new COMAND system (NTG 5*5 instead of 5*2) but also use different bus technology (Flexray instead of CAN).

On https://mwmods.com/ they claim it is possible, but any experience here?