S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Why doesn't MB search engine allow for searching of options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 10:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GL450
Why doesn't MB search engine allow for searching of options?

So I'm looking to purchase a 2015 or newer S550, however I am having a hard time trying to find "the one." The Mercedes Benz web page doesn't seem to show all vehicles. Plus, there is no way to search for installed packages / options. I am specifically looking for something that has the rear warmth and comfort package. I've searched Autotrader, and it seems there as well, that most of the dealers that are listing vehicles have no idea which packages are installed in their cars! It makes searching for specific options impossible.

A friend of mine who is a dealer said he would take me to the dealer auctions - but if it's this challenging finding what I want on the web, I doubt I'll get it at the auction. I tried the VIN decoders - but they don't seem to work, they only list all options for the model year, not which specific options are installed in the actual car.

Does anyone have any ideas? Some smart person built a Tesla inventory search engine that I've tried before that is FANTASTIC! I wish someone would do something like that for these cars too!

Thanks