S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Command and Rear view mirror

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 09:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
18 s560
Command and Rear view mirror

i tried looking it up and all I could find was people saying it’s apart of the ambient light on the older model cars. I have a 2018 560 and after 3yrs of driving my 15 550 I just noticed a light I can’t turn off under my rear view mirror. However it’s only a led color and will not change color to match any color you select. Is this normal or do I need to turn it off??

also

i asked this a couple months ago and didn’t get much reply. Probably because not many people had them yet. But my command system is very delayed. I try to select a color for ambient it light for example and it jumps around md is extremely slow. Anything I select takes a while to load. It’s just very slow. I took it into the dealership and their response after re-booting the system is Mb doesn’t have a fix for it.
$150k car and that’s what I get.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:30 AM

Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts
2015 MBZ S 550
Originally Posted by JY-MB
i tried looking it up and all I could find was people saying it’s apart of the ambient light on the older model cars. I have a 2018 560 and after 3yrs of driving my 15 550 I just noticed a light I can’t turn off under my rear view mirror. However it’s only a led color and will not change color to match any color you select. Is this normal or do I need to turn it off??

also

i asked this a couple months ago and didn’t get much reply. Probably because not many people had them yet. But my command system is very delayed. I try to select a color for ambient it light for example and it jumps around md is extremely slow. Anything I select takes a while to load. It’s just very slow. I took it into the dealership and their response after re-booting the system is Mb doesn’t have a fix for it.
If you have checked other like cars and they are much faster then yours, take the car back to the dealer, have a service advisor see how slow yours is, how fast a different cars is and leave them the car and have them fix it, even if it is them reloading software or even replacing the entire unit.

Good luck!
Old 11-29-2017, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe

also

The small light in the mirror is an ambient light to add a bit of light on the center console. It is permanent AFAIK
Old 11-29-2017, 03:18 PM

18 s560
Originally Posted by Wolfman
The small light in the mirror is an ambient light to add a bit of light on the center console. It is permanent AFAIK
Are you sure as the light doesn’t change color! It’s only a white led color
Old 11-29-2017, 03:20 PM

18 s560
Originally Posted by Socalsteve
If you have checked other like cars and they are much faster then yours, take the car back to the dealer, have a service advisor see how slow yours is, how fast a different cars is and leave them the car and have them fix it, even if it is them reloading software or even replacing the entire unit.

Good luck!
I have tried this. The service advisor acknowledged it wasn’t correct and MB didn’t have a solution to resolve it. He said when they download the software at the plant sometimes it just doesn’t go smoothly and there are glitches. They re-installed everything and it didn’t fix it.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:15 PM

2015 MBZ S 550
I have tried this. The service advisor acknowledged it wasn’t correct and MB didn’t have a solution to resolve it. He said when they download the software at the plant sometimes it just doesn’t go smoothly and there are glitches. They re-installed everything and it didn’t fix it.
I’d threaten Lemon Law. That’s not right. Have them replace the entire unit. I’d just leave the car at the dealer, escalate it to MBZ North America. Meet the General Service Manager from MBZ at the dealership. Tell them to fix it or you want a new car. Get a lawyer involved. Or, try a different dealer. And then do all those things.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:20 PM

18 s560
Originally Posted by Socalsteve
I’d threaten Lemon Law. That’s not right. Have them replace the entire unit. I’d just leave the car at the dealer, escalate it to MBZ North America. Meet the General Service Manager from MBZ at the dealership. Tell them to fix it or you want a new car. Get a lawyer involved. Or, try a different dealer. And then do all those things.
how would I go about getting mbz of north aMerica involved?? I couldn’t find a contact. I do think it’s BS. The system is delayed and I have to wait every time I select an option for the system to catch up.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:29 PM

2015 MBZ S 550
how would I go about getting mbz of north aMerica involved?? I couldn’t find a contact. I do think it’s BS. The system is delayed and I have to wait every time I select an option for the system to catch up.
The dealership service advisor-manager has access to this-these people. You can easily escalate it through the dealership. If they refuse or claim ignorance , try a different dealer.

Or try this : http://mercedes-benz.custhelp.com/ap...es-benz-usa%3F

My wife is a lawyer, not the suing type, but still...a lawyer. People are scared of her. Because she is a lawyer. Threaten to hire a lemon law lawyer, get one to write a letter...you will get results.