S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Couple questions

Old 02-11-2018, 03:46 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2018 S560; 2021 GLS450 (on order)
Couple questions

Hi there. I have an S560 on order, and the netstar dump seems to have moved the what I assume to be the model year (designated by MY) from 2018-1 to 2018-2. Does anyone know what the difference between the two would be, if any? Some historically not so accurate source in Germany indicates some simple bugfixes including something to do with the pano roof, but I do not think I would believe him on this one.

Also, for the dates to go through the Netstar B-states, what have your experiences been? Looks like mine moved from B0 to B1 in 8 days, and then to B3 in another 8 days, but that was 12 days ago. With this pace, the wishful thinker in me had expected it to be in B4 with a VIN assigned by now, but no such luck. I am assuming they will keep their word on the production date of March 2nd though (not the second decade, but literally 2nd).

My apologies if these were all covered in detail somewhere else in the threads, but my search could not find them.
Old 02-11-2018, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 473 Likes on 327 Posts
2019 S560, 2022 Audi S8
Originally Posted by salamigs
Hi there. I have an S560 on order, and the netstar dump seems to have moved the what I assume to be the model year (designated by MY) from 2018-1 to 2018-2. Does anyone know what the difference between the two would be, if any? Some historically not so accurate source in Germany indicates some simple bugfixes including something to do with the pano roof, but I do not think I would believe him on this one.

Also, for the dates to go through the Netstar B-states, what have your experiences been? Looks like mine moved from B0 to B1 in 8 days, and then to B3 in another 8 days, but that was 12 days ago. With this pace, the wishful thinker in me had expected it to be in B4 with a VIN assigned by now, but no such luck. I am assuming they will keep their word on the production date of March 2nd though (not the second decade, but literally 2nd).

My apologies if these were all covered in detail somewhere else in the threads, but my search could not find them.
From what you are saying, it does sound like they may be aware of the wind noise issue that is possibly stemming from the pano roofs.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:29 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2018 S560; 2021 GLS450 (on order)
Originally Posted by MBS63AMG
From what you are saying, it does sound like they may be aware of the wind noise issue that is possibly stemming from the pano roofs.
Actually as I said earlier, I am not sure I trust that source, as he has been more wrong than right.
The pano roof talk does bother me a bit though... Given I ordered one with pano and magic sky...
Any take on the netstar dates?