S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Just drove the 2018 Lexus LS500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 08:30 PM

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2012 E550 Sedan
The thing I don't understand about the design of the new Lexus interiors are the 2 knobs sticking out above the instrument panel. It looks horrible. I don't understand how they could approve that ugly design with those 2 knobs sticking out. When I first saw it, it reminded me of Frankenstein. It looks like an afterthought.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 241 Likes on 202 Posts
A car
Just drove the 2018 Lexus LS.

Thoughts:

I hated this car before I showed up at the dealership, and within a few moments, I fell in love with the car. It's a BEAUTIFUL car in person, and the interior is, IMHO, actually better than an S. That said I was not really a big fan of the S interior in the first place. The ML system is AMAZING, and I have not been able to test out the 3d burmester option in the S as no one has it here, but holy moly crap.

Outside of that, thoughts on the LS vs the MB

It was markedly noisier than the S. (69db at 145km/hr, which is the exact same as my 204, as well as the Genesis G90T)
The suspension was not nearly as floaty as the S.
The massage function was MUCH better than the S.

When it comes to replacing my car, I'm going to struggle here. The S rides better, and is quieter, but the massage function sucks vs the LS. So...yeah, no idea what I'm going to do here. For those of you debating LS vs S, you really should listen to the same piece of advice I got off of the internet, which is...go and drive the damn thing

If anyone wants more details, pls lmk. I had completely written off the LS prior to today, and right now, I'm floored.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 241 Likes on 202 Posts
A car
Originally Posted by jumpman726
The thing I don't understand about the design of the new Lexus interiors are the 2 knobs sticking out above the instrument panel. It looks horrible. I don't understand how they could approve that ugly design with those 2 knobs sticking out. When I first saw it, it reminded me of Frankenstein. It looks like an afterthought.

So as a FYI you don't notice then when you're in the driver's seat and when I first saw this on the internet, I was floored at how ugly this looked.