S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

What kind of a deal did you get on your 2018 S560?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 06:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
18 s560
Originally Posted by Wolfman
Point is most dealers in the country wouldn't do more than 5% on a new custom-order S560 in 2017. My17's weren't moving and heavily discounted and MY18 rare to find. This obviously changes over time but after launch I had to threaten our dealer somewhat to even get the 10%. I haven't heard from anyone getting more on a custom order and was OK to proceed. Our MY15 was a much better deal than 10%

What is odd on your purchase (to your benefit) that the dealer committed to a monthly payment without knowing the financial fundamentals of the new car or the demand of it. That borders on being idiotic.
In May 2017, neither MF, residuals or price was exactly known. That simply makes zero financial sense.

What we know is that the MF doubled between MY17 & 18, residuals didn't improve and all incentives moved to promote the S450. Two things could have happened if they didn't apply the wrong discounts:
1. They felt committed to meet the promised monthly payment. That requires to discount the car to match the price. Have never seen a dealer be that committed.
2. They may have gotten worried because of your specific build not being sellable if you backed out. Your build is very close to their launch edition config with another $19k in options. The country was full of these launch cars which have sold poorly due to their somewhat controversial color combo. Higher-priced builds sell even slower.

I don't to be misunderstood. You got a great deal; the best deal I have seen on a custom MY18 S560 anywhere in the US. Re. the lease payment, if you have a worksheet that shows the MF let us know what that. There are lease calculators that can calculate that number. They may have bumped that number up to get some extra money back...
I will look at my paper work when I get a chance and maybe post a pic. I think your probably right on the dealer worrying about being able to sell the custom build. It’s extremely expensive for a regular 560. I got the red and beige leather bc I wanted the fully quilted seats and padded arm rest. Not many people want to spend 8k or whatever it is just on leather. So I think that played a big factor. When I took my deal into other dealerships they all said “how can they quote you a deal without knowing the rates?” I replied idk and idc, if they change it one dollar I won’t accept it. They didn’t push me at all. Was exactly $1840.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,401 Likes on 1,940 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by JY-MB

I will look at my paper work when I get a chance and maybe post a pic. I think your probably right on the dealer worrying about being able to sell the custom build. It’s extremely expensive for a regular 560. I got the red and beige leather bc I wanted the fully quilted seats and padded arm rest. Not many people want to spend 8k or whatever it is just on leather. So I think that played a big factor. When I took my deal into other dealerships they all said “how can they quote you a deal without knowing the rates?” I replied idk and idc, if they change it one dollar I won’t accept it. They didn’t push me at all. Was exactly $1840.
I, for one, would just LOVE it if you would post a redacted copy of your lease deal. I believe that it would be VERY educational for a lot of folks here, myself included. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Well, I got the car. Wasn’t thrilled with the deal, but I ordered the car, just as I wanted it and after about fifty emails, negotiating the deal, I drove her home this afternoon. I’m not much on posting photos of a car that isn’t much different than most out there, but here is a shot at the dealership. I ordered the car with Magic Body Control, which I had on my 2015, but I will say the new “Curve” feature, that slightly leans the car into a curve, like you were riding a motorcycle, is pretty amazing. The trunk sure looks smaller to me, but I may be seeing things,
and I’ll post more on that later. My thanks to Wolfman for his insight regarding the lease and so many other topics over the years.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:24 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy in good health..

Originally Posted by Streamliner
Well, I got the car. Wasn’t thrilled with the deal, but I ordered the car, just as I wanted it and after about fifty emails, negotiating the deal, I drove her home this afternoon. I’m not much on posting photos of a car that isn’t much different than most out there, but here is a shot at the dealership. I ordered the car with Magic Body Control, which I had on my 2015, but I will say the new “Curve” feature, that slightly leans the car into a curve, like you were riding a motorcycle, is pretty amazing. The trunk sure looks smaller to me, but I may be seeing things,
and I’ll post more on that later. My thanks to Wolfman for his insight regarding the lease and so many other topics over the years.

Old 02-27-2018, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

As far as I am concerned, I did not get a very good deal on my new car, but the lease was up on the old one, the new car arrived as I had ordered it, so I took it. As promised, here is the deal I got:

MSRP: $118,655.00
Add ons: 3 years prepaid maintenance and dealer will install non-runflat Bridgestone tires, giving me back the original RFT.
Capitalized cost: 110,857.84
Residual: $60,077.50
Drive off: $2,878.21
35 monthly payments @ $1,763.01
12,000 miles per year ( I initially posted 10K per year, but I was mistaken)

Last edited by Streamliner; 03-05-2018 at 04:22 PM.