S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

2019 S560

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 02:27 AM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Audi S5
Originally Posted by BeanTrader
Thanks, Trauman! What about the fact that some 2019 S Class vehicles are already at VPC in Baltimore? I ordered the 2019 S450 back in April with the HUD and I have it confirmed that it does indeed have it. However, it has been sitting in Baltimore since July 11. Why in the world is MBUSA not releasing it?
It doesn't look like they got any of their 2019 cars EPA and CARB certified yet, so that could be one reason...
The following users liked this post:
AppleFan1 (08-03-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 05:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 s550 White/Nut Brown
Hi there. Just spoke to my SA. Sadly, still no firm release date for my 2019 s560 yet as far as release date. It is sitting in the Long Beach port terminal hopefully safe and sound.

However, he said they received a recent email saying it may be September!! They have some 40 cars waiting for their dealership alone... ARGHHHH.

Katherine
Old 08-06-2018, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 201 Posts
2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by kath00
Hi there. Just spoke to my SA. Sadly, still no firm release date for my 2019 s560 yet as far as release date. It is sitting in the Long Beach port terminal hopefully safe and sound.

However, he said they received a recent email saying it may be September!! They have some 40 cars waiting for their dealership alone... ARGHHHH.

Katherine
Katherine, I was also told by my dealer today that the release date is probably going to be in September. What a bummer! All we can do is wait and hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised and the 2019's will be released this month.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by BeanTrader
Katherine, I was also told by my dealer today that the release date is probably going to be in September. What a bummer! All we can do is wait and hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised and the 2019's will be released this month.
Yes! That would be a pleasant surprise. I mean don't they have to pay storage fees for all these cars piling up at the docks?
Old 08-06-2018, 09:38 PM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
2014 Mercedes E Class
Mercedes actually has a VPC center in Long Beach it’s about 7 min away from the port.. they have a indoor facility where the cars are kept and also some are outdoor if it’s too packed.. look at it up close on google maps....

so all the cars are safe.. and once we get the final word they will release them. My ship just reached Long Beach today so it should be at the VPC tonight after it passes customs.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by BigDeeLA
Mercedes actually has a VPC center in Long Beach it’s about 7 min away from the port.. they have a indoor facility where the cars are kept and also some are outdoor if it’s too packed.. look at it up close on google maps....

so all the cars are safe.. and once we get the final word they will release them. My ship just reached Long Beach today so it should be at the VPC tonight after it passes customs.
Congratulations! Hello Los Angeles. Thanks for the info also.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:18 PM

2014 Mercedes E Class
Now the wait begins!! Lol..

but yeah all the cars are stored in the warehouse in Long Beach VPC... especially the ones that are P1, customer orders they get more Preferential treatment.. and the cars have the wrap and are covered on the main panels until they reach the dealers.. so we are all safe.. now it’s just a waiting game.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Now the wait begins!! Lol..

but yeah all the cars are stored in the warehouse in Long Beach VPC... especially the ones that are P1, customer orders they get more Preferential treatment.. and the cars have the wrap and are covered on the main panels until they reach the dealers.. so we are all safe.. now it’s just a waiting game.
That's indeed good news that our cars are protected at the VPC.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:06 AM

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
2007 CL550
I wonder if Donald Trump's trade war with Europe is contributing to the delay. The vehicle preparation center in Long Beach is also the facility where all vehicles are inspected by customs and any import duty is assessed. Could Mercedes be waiting for the trade war to be settled?
Old 08-09-2018, 03:48 AM

2014 Mercedes E Class
Well BMW, Honda, Toyota, Aston martin and other brands already have a lot of 2019 cars certified from the EPA...

MBUSA does not as of July.. it would be different if they had a few but they have NONE of the 2019’s. I wrote in the E Class forum that I talked to a friend today and he’s close with someone that works at MBUSA and that the real reason for the delay is because they have not got any cars certified yet.

He said the computer system malfunction, supplier fire, possible trump taffif threat, and screwed up inventory are part of the reason but the main reason is they just dropped the ball on getting the 2019s taken care of.

he said they expect to have most if not all done “sometime in Sept” which is why MB is giving us an Oct date.. but some could be done as soon as mid to late August, but don’t expect MB to release all the 2019s at the same time... for example they could release c300, S Class, E300 mid Sept, and hold the AMG’s and certain other cars to Oct..

that’s the current situation as of today but all that can change.

Last edited by BigDeeLA; 08-09-2018 at 03:50 AM.
AppleFan1 (08-09-2018)
Old 08-09-2018, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Well BMW, Honda, Toyota, Aston martin and other brands already have a lot of 2019 cars certified from the EPA...

MBUSA does not as of July.. it would be different if they had a few but they have NONE of the 2019’s. I wrote in the E Class forum that I talked to a friend today and he’s close with someone that works at MBUSA and that the real reason for the delay is because they have not got any cars certified yet.

He said the computer system malfunction, supplier fire, possible trump taffif threat, and screwed up inventory are part of the reason but the main reason is they just dropped the ball on getting the 2019s taken care of.

he said they expect to have most if not all done “sometime in Sept” which is why MB is giving us an Oct date.. but some could be done as soon as mid to late August, but don’t expect MB to release all the 2019s at the same time... for example they could release c300, S Class, E300 mid Sept, and hold the AMG’s and certain other cars to Oct..

that’s the current situation as of today but all that can change.
Thank you for this informative update. I'm hoping I will have my 2019 S450 by September 15 so that I can drive it to Boston.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:45 PM

Apparently some models were released today (not the S-class) from Long Beach!!
Old 08-10-2018, 08:11 PM

2014 Mercedes E Class
The CLA and GLA are suppose to be August releases now.. the S class, c class, E300, mid/late Sept... and E450,53,63 and a lot of other cars Oct

the GLA and CLA have passed EPA certification as of Aug 8th... it’s only a matter of time for the rest
Old 08-10-2018, 09:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
PURCHASING S560
Hi All:
My first ever S560 is schedule for delivery in late Sept. Thus I'm following this tread carefully.
Does anyone yet have the MSRP numbers for the 2019 S Class.
Thanks,
Old 08-10-2018, 10:35 PM

The CLA and GLA are suppose to be August releases now.. the S class, c class, E300, mid/late Sept... and E450,53,63 and a lot of other cars Oct

the GLA and CLA have passed EPA certification as of Aug 8th... it’s only a matter of time for the rest
My sales person told me tonight that possibly in 1-2 weeks for the S class. I guess no one really knows.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:37 PM

Here is the press release on S class specs that was just released with a base MSRP.
https://www.media.mbusa.com/releases...specifications

And here are the other 2019 cars:
https://www.media.mbusa.com/releases
The following 2 users liked this post by kath00:
CDAVIDWEIMER (08-10-2018), superangrypenguin (08-11-2018)
Old 08-11-2018, 12:12 PM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 S63, 2013 E350 Bluetec

Katherine
Having been to that facility many times, once the car has gone through the VPC process, it is stored indoors. It is a huge, really huge, building that used to be owned by Lockheed or Boeing (not sure which) and they have hundreds of cars there waiting to be picked up by the transporters to go to the dealership.
kath00 (08-11-2018)
Old 08-11-2018, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by ChuckinTucson
Having been to that facility many times, once the car has gone through the VPC process, it is stored indoors. It is a huge, really huge, building that used to be owned by Lockheed or Boeing (not sure which) and they have hundreds of cars there waiting to be picked up by the transporters to go to the dealership.
I wanna see!!!
Old 08-11-2018, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
My sales person told me tonight that possibly in 1-2 weeks for the S class. I guess no one really knows.
I sure hope your sales person is correct. That would be fabulous for me since I’m driving to Boston on September 16.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:14 AM

2014 Mercedes E Class
I wanna see!!!
the Long Beach VPC currently has 6,000 cars and they are starting to run out of room and new ships are coming in each week.. according to my guy MB might be forced to start releasing soon.. well like I said before the MBUSA leak came out.. the CLA-GLA heading out now... the E300 and GLC were officially certified today.. and they are next to be sent and the C300 and S Class will be after that and then E450 and then AMGs
Germancar1 (08-14-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 01:15 AM

So if they certified the CLA-GLA last week, E300 and GLC today, that means S class possibly next week! That would be awesome. My car should be in the first batch of S class to be released since it's been at the terminal for almost a month now. I can't wait to report back that it is on it's way to the dealership. Here is hoping it happens very soon. My s550 is trying to tell me something because the audio broke again and my doors are now not autolocking with the brush of the hand. LOL. I really don't want another service call. Just wanna turn it in!
Old 08-14-2018, 01:24 AM

2014 Mercedes E Class
So if they certified the CLA-GLA last week, E300 and GLC today, that means S class possibly next week! That would be awesome. My car should be in the first batch of S class to be released since it's been at the terminal for almost a month now. I can't wait to report back that it is on it's way to the dealership. Here is hoping it happens very soon. My s550 is trying to tell me something because the audio broke again and my doors are now not autolocking with the brush of the hand. LOL. I really don't want another service call. Just wanna turn it in!
hahaha I totally feel your pain! Lol.. well at the latest the S-Class will be mid Sept.. so at least you can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel... but it’s still up to MBUSA after they are certified as to how they want to release which cars.. because they also want enough to send out to all dealers. We should all have our different cars in a matter of weeks now.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E200 ML

Model Year Changes

• Mercedes-Benz S 560e new for 2019 S-Class Sedan lineup
  • New Dune Silver paint color available
  • Newly available AMG Wood/Leather Performance Steering Wheel (AMG models)
  • Newly available DINAMICA/Carbon Fiber AMG Performance Steering Wheel (AMG models)
  • Mercedes-Maybach:
    • Two-Tone and Double Clear Coat paint newly available
    • New trim available
    • Tow new Exclusive Nappa Leathers newly available
    • Contrast Stitching in platinum, gold or copper newly available

S-Class Standard Equipment Highlights (S 450/S 450 4M & S 560/S 560 4M)

•  
    •  
      • New generation of COMAND multimedia system with dual 12.3” high-resolution displays merged beneath single bonded glass panel
      • Energizing Comfort
      • Ambient lighting with 64 colors
      • Lane Tracking Package
      • LED Intelligent Light System with new Ultra Wide Beam feature
      • Smartphone Integration with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto
      • Radiator grille previously reserved for V12 models now standard across lineup
      • Nappa Leather (S 560/S 560 4MATIC)
      • 19” wheels (S 560/S 560 4MATIC)

Maybach Standard Equipment Highlights (includes features listed above)

•  
    •  
      • All standard equipment of S 560 sedan
      • V12 radiator grille with MAYBACH lettering (Maybach models)
      • 20” wheels
      • Executive seats in rear with 43-degree recline angel and power calf rest for both outboard seats
      • Extended interior ambient lighting in rear cabin
      • Leather covered door sills and seat consoles
      • Extended leather package
      • Wood/leather steering wheel
      • AIRMATIC® semi-active air suspension
      • MAGIC BODY CONTROL®

AMG S 63 Standard Equipment Highlights (includes features listed above)

•  
    •  
      • LED Intelligent Light System
      • AMG DYNAMIC SELECT
      • RACE START with simplified operating logic
      • AMG Performance Exhaust System
      • AMG Sport Suspension based on AIRMATIC®
      • Compound brake rotors (15.4” x 1.4” front / 14.2” x 0.9” rear) with 6-piston aluminum fixed calipers on the front axle and single-piston floating calipers on the rear
      • 20” wheels
      • AMG Multicontour Adaptive Sport Seats
      • New-generation three-spoke AMG Performance Steering Wheel
      • AMG Track Pace app
      • 4MATIC+ all-wheel drive with fully-variable torque distribution to the front or rear wheels

AMG S 65 Standard Equipment Highlights (includes features listed above)

•  
    •  
      • LED Intelligent Light System
      • AMG DYNAMIC SELECT
      • AMG Sport Suspension based on MAGIC BODY CONTROL with curve-tilting function
      • Compound brake rotors (15.4” x 1.4” front / 14.2” x 0.9” rear) with 6-piston aluminum fixed calipers on the front axle, and single-piston floating calipers on the rear
      • Exclusive forged 20” wheels
      • AMG Multicontour Adaptive Sport Seats
      • New-generation three-spoke AMG Performance Steering Wheel
      • AMG Sport Exhaust System

S-Class Optional Equipment Highlights

•  
    •  
      • Latest generation of Driver Assistance System
      • MAGIC BODY CONTROL® with Curve tilting function (n/a 4MATIC models, standard on S65)

Maybach Optional Equipment Highlights (includes features listed above)

•  
    •  
      • Executive Rear Seat Package PLUS with two folding tables in rear
      • designo Silk Beige/Titanium Grey Pearl semi-aniline leather
      • designo Silk Beige/Satin Red Pearl semi-aniline leather
      • Refrigerator box in rear
      • Panorama Roof with MAGIC SKY CONTROL®
      • SPLITVIEW® front-seat entertainment system
      • Silver handcrafted champagne flutes by Robbe and Berking

AMG Optional Equipment Highlights (includes features listed above)

•  
    •  
      • Forged 20” wheels in several unique designs
      • AMG Exterior options, including AMG Night Package, AMG Carbon Fiber Package, and various interior upholsteries / trims
      • AMG Ceramic Composite Braking System

S-Class Technical Highlights:

•  
    •  
      • Driver Assistance Systems: the enhanced intelligent hands-off detection includes sensing via finger pads and is sensitive to specific conditions; can be activated in a wider range of speeds:
        • Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC® is able to follow a vehicle in front at a pre-selected distance at wider range of speeds
        • Active Steering Assist functions at a wider range of speeds and can now actively intervene even if road lines are unclear or non-existent at certain speeds; can now function in curves with a tighter radius
          • Active Emergency Stop Assist brakes the vehicle to a standstill in its lane if it detects that the driver is no longer actively driving the vehicle while it is on the move with Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC and Active Steering Assist engaged. Can now unlock the doors when the vehicle is stationary to allow first aid responders immediate access to the vehicle's interior. With available mbrace® Secure, the system simultaneously makes an emergency call
          • Active Lane Change Assist is a radar-and-camera-based system that aids the driver when changing lanes. When a turn is indicated, this feature will aid with steering into the adjacent lane if it detects the lane is empty
        • Active Speed Limit Assist can adapt vehicle speed to identified speed limits and can now adjust preemptively when speed limits are going to change
        • Route-Based Speed Adaptation the vehicle is now able to reduce the speed in anticipatory mode by referencing the COMAND map data ahead of bends, junctions, roundabouts, toll booths and exit roads.

Active Brake Assist with Cross-Traffic Function

•  
    •  
      • Evasive Steering Assist this system assists by adding calculated steering torque to aid in steering wheel movement when a driver deliberately or instinctively performs an evasive maneuver around a pedestrian
      • Active Blind Spot Assist is active at a wider range of speeds and informs the driver to help avoid an imminent side impact by single-sided braking
      • Active Lane Keeping Assist is active now at a wider range of speeds
      • Car-to-X communication is a system in which the vehicle simultaneously acts as a receiver and transmitter, conveying warning messages and evaluating driving conditions, effectively allowing the driver to “see” much further down the road
      • PRE-SAFE® PLUS activates the PRE-SAFE safety measures when a collision from behind is imminent
      • PRE-SAFE® Sound omits a short interference signal if an imminent collision is detected, triggering a protective reflex in the human ear referred to as the “stapedius reflex,” which can help reduce hearing loss in the event of an accident
      • Touch Control Buttons are touch-sensitive controls on the steering wheel for easy control of the instrument cluster and multimedia system, similar to a smartphone interface, which responds to vertical and horizontal swiping movements
      • New generation of COMAND multimedia system with dual 12.3” high-resolution displays with single bonded glass panel
      • Energizing Comfort: enhanced health and wellness functionality boosts drivers’ attentiveness and well-being while reducing sleepiness and stress
      • AIR BODY CONTROL: available multi-chamber air suspension at all corners

S-Class Model Positioning

•  
    •  
      • The Mercedes-Benz S-Class is the flagship of the Mercedes-Benz range and arguable, the auto industry. This model continues to lead the way in comfort, luxury and intelligence, which also include all safety and driver assistance systems. New generations of the latest Mercedes-Benz and AMG engines also complement the various models within the S-Class range.

Maybach Model Positioning

•  
    •  
      • The Mercedes-Maybach models extend the range of S-Class sedans to new benchmark in terms of exclusivity, offering more space and facilities for the highest demands.
kath00 (08-15-2018)
Old 08-17-2018, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLS 450
Hi, Question for those who ordered 2019 S class, how much discount are you getting? I ordered a S450 and was offered 6% off msrp. Does that sound fair? Thanks
Old 08-17-2018, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 511 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Originally Posted by lansonrx
Hi, Question for those who ordered 2019 S class, how much discount are you getting? I ordered a S450 and was offered 6% off msrp. Does that sound fair? Thanks
I'm gonna try to order a 2019 S450 for 11 percent off. The MSRP is 110 for what I want with the Magic Suspension, the sport package and the premium one and Distronic I'm gonna offer the dealer 100 K, cant hurt to try. The only thing is I've got a 2015 I want to trade in, I hope they don't try to screw me on that end of the deal. I hope to get 45K for my 2015 trade in. So my 2015 plus 55K, otherwise I just won't do the deal at his point. I've really thought a lot about the 450 vs the 560. There is a ten grand difference in price, thats a lot. Plus the little extra mpg on the 450 will extend my range on a tank about 80 miles or so and thats a lot. I like to stop for fuel as little as possible.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2019 S560