S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Eurocharge Tune Review (and ECM cloning)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 07:51 PM

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 S550
Eurocharge Tune Review (and ECM cloning)

I recently had my ECM tuned then returned to stock after deciding the performance gain wasn’t worth sacrificing a warranty. Both times my S Class was “dead in the water” while I had to wait for the ECM to get back. Each time it took four or so days (paying for overnight delivery) to get the ECM back even though I love fairly close to the tuner... A couple months ago a member posted an ECM for sale so I decided to purchase it and look into cloning my stock ECM on to it. This led me to Eurocharge and a positive review thread under our AMG forum. I reached out to Eurocharged and Loungn14 and couldn’t be happier! The throttle response is noticeably better, the acceleration is better and the car will kick sideways when the traction control is turned off! It’s definitely not as fast as my old CTS V but is totally worth it IMO.

On Monday I shipped my stock ECM and spare ECM ago their Texas office. This morning (9:45 am) I received both back! My stock ECM remains stock and works great and the new spare ECM is now cloned to my car and tuned. I can definitely feel the difference in performance and am very happy with the price, communication, speed, and quality of the tune! The best part is if I ever need a reflash I can ship them my ECM and keep driving my car!
The following 2 users liked this post by Matthayes3741:
loungn14 (03-29-2018), Nice Ride (03-28-2018)
Old 03-28-2018, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 243 Likes on 195 Posts
2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Originally Posted by Matthayes3741
I recently had my ECM tuned then returned to stock after deciding the performance gain wasn’t worth sacrificing a warranty. Both times my S Class was “dead in the water” while I had to wait for the ECM to get back. Each time it took four or so days (paying for overnight delivery) to get the ECM back even though I love fairly close to the tuner... A couple months ago a member posted an ECM for sale so I decided to purchase it and look into cloning my stock ECM on to it. This led me to Eurocharge and a positive review thread under our AMG forum. I reached out to Eurocharged and Loungn14 and couldn’t be happier! The throttle response is noticeably better, the acceleration is better and the car will kick sideways when the traction control is turned off! It’s definitely not as fast as my old CTS V but is totally worth it IMO.

On Monday I shipped my stock ECM and spare ECM ago their Texas office. This morning (9:45 am) I received both back! My stock ECM remains stock and works great and the new spare ECM is now cloned to my car and tuned. I can definitely feel the difference in performance and am very happy with the price, communication, speed, and quality of the tune! The best part is if I ever need a reflash I can ship them my ECM and keep driving my car!
What did you pay for the Spare? I thought that they were married to the VIN. Any idea of the cost of a new one?
Thanks for the post. I am toying with Renntech Tune. Local MB dealer will do the Tune.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:28 PM

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 S550
Originally Posted by Nice Ride
What did you pay for the Spare? I thought that they were married to the VIN. Any idea of the cost of a new one?
Thanks for the post. I am toying with Renntech Tune. Local MB dealer will do the Tune.
i don’t know what the cost of a new one is but I’ve seen several for sale on eBay for $350+. I’m betting that the stealership is much more expensive. I’m sure the ECMs are married to the VIN but when you clone them I guess they get divorced and re-married... to continue the analogy. I had EC clone my stock onto the spare/used one... then tune it. This way my stock ECM remains stock and the other has a tune. I verified today that both work and there is a definite difference.

As for a RennTech tune I can’t speak to them. I know they are the most expensive and a recent post on the AMG section had multiple people complain that they had EC retune their RT tunes ECM because they weren’t happy with the RT tune. I can’t confirm this but I will say that EC is a much better tune than OE Tuning (IMO). Note: I’ve only had the new EC Tune since ~10:00 am this morning.
The following users liked this post:
Nice Ride (03-29-2018)