Nut Brown / Black Napa Leather Interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 10:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E400 Coupe
Nut Brown / Black Napa Leather Interior

Hi everyone
I’m about to pick up my S560. I want to get the black exterior and the only option I have for interior is Nut brown/ Black Napa Leather ( the one that has no additonal charge when you build your S class on the website). What do you think? Is it a good color? It’s my first time that my interior is not black.
Thanks

Last edited by artinshak; 04-23-2018 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:43 AM

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
2018 E400 4Matic
I love that color combination. Got it in my car.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E400 Coupe
Do you mind if I ask what is the exterior color of your car ?
Old 04-23-2018, 11:42 AM

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
2018 E400 4Matic
Lunar Blue. I have the open-grained black ash trim.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:14 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 S450, 2020GLC300
This is something where you need to see it yourself.

I liked it. The stitching on the black leather is also brown. I think it looks best on Lunar blue (I tried to buy one, and someone else bought it just hours before I called the dealer back to buy it). Black is also nice. I didn't like it with Anthrasite Blue.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,939 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon
Only because you are asking: I’ve never liked the “half black” interiors in general and I personally hate the Nut Brown/Black combination. To me, these half black interiors look cheap and IMO, that’s exactly why MB & other makers use them. When you only have to make half of the upholstered interior parts in black, the manufacturer saves a ton of money. What I call “full color” interiors, like the Bentley pictured below, are mostly only found in Porsche level and up vehicles these days. I’d try to get an all black interior if I were you.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:53 PM

Received 305 Likes on 231 Posts
E450 wagon, C43 AMG Cpe, C43 AMG Cab
Originally Posted by Streamliner
Only because you are asking: I’ve never liked the “half black” interiors in general and I personally hate the Nut Brown/Black combination. To me, these half black interiors look cheap and IMO, that’s exactly why MB & other makers use them. When you only have to make half of the upholstered interior parts in black, the manufacturer saves a ton of money. What I call “full color” interiors, like the Bentley pictured below, are mostly only found in Porsche level and up vehicles these days. I’d try to get an all black interior if I were you.

I agree with your observation on the half black interiors. I also think it cheapens the look. If I'm not mistaken I think you can spec an S Class interior without half black. I had an S Class with an upgraded Napa leather in a cream beige and macchiato. No black at all. I prefer a lighter color interior. I think it adds to the richness and brings out the accents and details in a much better fashion. To each his own. Its really hard to beat an S Class interior.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 182 Likes on 152 Posts
s550 Diamond white amg pano
getthe upgraded nappa, looks great.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:03 AM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 S63 Sedan, 2018 GLS 63

I have it in my car 2018 s63 and absolutely love it. I knew I made the right choice.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,939 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon
Originally Posted by pdeacon
I agree with your observation on the half black interiors. I also think it cheapens the look. If I'm not mistaken I think you can spec an S Class interior without half black. I had an S Class with an upgraded Napa leather in a cream beige and macchiato. No black at all. I prefer a lighter color interior. I think it adds to the richness and brings out the accents and details in a much better fashion. To each his own. Its really hard to beat an S Class interior.
It used to be that when you ordered a red interior or a gray interior, etc., the entire interior was pretty much the same color, with possible accent pieces, usually of a complimentary color. Then, around the 1970’s, the Big 3 started doing this thing where you would order, let’s say a red interior, and pretty much the only things that were red, were the seats and maybe part of the door panels. It was a real cost cutting measure, to say the least. I have no problem with MB or any maker offering these half black interiors for those who like them, but they should be optional, as should full color interiors, especially on vehicles the price of the S Class. IMO, on cars like the S, SL, etc., buyer’s should have the option of having their cars look pretty much exactly as they like, including “color to sample,” interiors & exteriors as Porsche offers. I’d pay $5K+ to have an all saddle tan interior in my S and another $5K+ to have it painted a good, solid color dark green.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by pdeacon
Should be re-phrased. You can't order any single color interiors in the S-Class but there are several interiors that feature no black. Just like the 2014-17 models before.
That said, meanwhile MB dropped several nice combos and added some ridiculous combos instead, making it feel that there are fewer choices...

There is no question that Bentley, Porsche and others (RR, Aston Martin, Farrari, etc.) offer more colors and make you pay for it dearly, yet I find it interesting how many of these brands feature the same two-tone leather. Even when there is a choice, there are less single color leather interiors chosen than one may think.

Personally I do like the look of the Brown/Black over straight black, especially when used with the exclusive Nappa. I strongly encourage anyone to spend the extra $2k or so for the leather upgrade. It makes a huge difference because everything will be leather (dash/doors etc.) plus you get the ultra suede headliner instead of the cheap fabric one. This option used to cost $4400 before. Biggest bang for the buck on the car IMO

Last edited by Wolfman; 04-24-2018 at 04:19 PM.