Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > New S-Class (W222)
I'm back with Mercedes, but this time for my wife >

I'm back with Mercedes, but this time for my wife

Notices
New S-Class (W222) 2014-Present

I'm back with Mercedes, but this time for my wife

 
Old 02-10-2019, 02:42 PM
  #26  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Midwest.
Posts: 4,704
Thanked 388 Times in 315 Posts
'18 E63s ED1, '17 SL550, '14 ML350
Originally Posted by LovinMercedes View Post
Hi Streamliner,

I am loving driving the car again, but now here is the problem. It's called 2020 and I have to figure out how to get out of this lease for this car that's only been one year. I suspect that is not going to be pretty.

Any thoughts?

LM
What a lovely car! Good to see you back here!

When you mention 2020, are you referring to the next S-Class (W223)? If so, here are my thoughts/assumptions:

The W223 launch in Germany is scheduled for May 2020 so it will be an August/September here as MY21.
You mentioned production in July of last year, so perhaps that meant delivery in Oct/November due to delays with the release. 3 year lease?
The S-Class will have a least a 5 months pull-ahead that would allow to get into a new car in June 2021 or Dec. 2020 if a 30 months lease.
Both would actually be advantageous given that MB lease rates for new S-Class models are horrendous and will have dropped to normal levels by June.

In the meantime you will have a nice car to drive and incur no loss unless you like to be the first to get the next model

Wolfman is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 02:58 PM
  #27  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
LovinMercedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Austin
Posts: 2,468
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
2017 Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
What a lovely car! Good to see you back here!

When you mention 2020, are you referring to the next S-Class (W223)? If so, here are my thoughts/assumptions:

The W223 launch in Germany is scheduled for May 2020 so it will be an August/September here as MY21.
You mentioned production in July of last year, so perhaps that meant delivery in Oct/November due to delays with the release. 3 year lease?
The S-Class will have a least a 5 months pull-ahead that would allow to get into a new car in June 2021 or Dec. 2020 if a 30 months lease.
Both would actually be advantageous given that MB lease rates for new S-Class models are horrendous and will have dropped to normal levels by June.

In the meantime you will have a nice car to drive and incur no loss unless you like to be the first to get the next model
Hi Wolfman,

Yes, my mistake, in 2020 but as the 2021.

I love to get the new cars as they come out, so this does present an issue.
LovinMercedes is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 03:12 PM
  #28  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Midwest.
Posts: 4,704
Thanked 388 Times in 315 Posts
'18 E63s ED1, '17 SL550, '14 ML350
Originally Posted by LovinMercedes View Post
Hi Wolfman,

Yes, my mistake, in 2020 but as the 2021.

I love to get the new cars as they come out, so this does present an issue.
Well, there is no easy answer. I remember that you were disappointed with the deal on your last custom S550 once you received it. Your dealer will be happy to build in the costs of an early take back but this will be big chunk of money. It will be cheaper just to have that car as an extra for 6 months or so.
I can get our dealer to give me 10% off the S-Class pre-release custom-build. I would at least try to get some kind of firm discount lock in writing before discussing a next deal. At least that could minimize the pain a bit...
Wolfman is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 04:36 PM
  #29  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
LovinMercedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Austin
Posts: 2,468
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
2017 Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
Well, there is no easy answer. I remember that you were disappointed with the deal on your last custom S550 once you received it. Your dealer will be happy to build in the costs of an early take back but this will be big chunk of money. It will be cheaper just to have that car as an extra for 6 months or so.
I can get our dealer to give me 10% off the S-Class pre-release custom-build. I would at least try to get some kind of firm discount lock in writing before discussing a next deal. At least that could minimize the pain a bit...
Thanks Wolfman,

Exactly, I was not very happy.

I've tried to get out of these leases in the past, and you are right, easier to just have two S cars.
LovinMercedes is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 05:41 PM
  #30  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Iowa
Posts: 880
Thanked 41 Times in 30 Posts
2019 S450 4Matic
Congratulations, Lovin! You got an awesome deal from your wife. Enjoy it!
BeanTrader is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 06:07 PM
  #31  
Out Of Control!!
 
hyperion667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 21,053
Thanked 664 Times in 643 Posts
'12 CLSAMG
Very nice my Sir, I can imagine it's a nice change from the Tesla
hyperion667 is online now  
Old 02-10-2019, 08:56 PM
  #32  
Super Member
 
rustybear3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greater Cleveland area
Posts: 910
Thanked 79 Times in 71 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet
Originally Posted by LovinMercedes View Post
I know... how lucky am I.

I think she just liked the power and since that lease is up in 6 months, she now knows she gets to pick another car out then, so she did pretty good on the trade.
Ah ha! So there is method to her supposed madness! Well now, she gets a little taste of both worlds and gets to choose again in another six months. Well played for the both of you.

That Burmester 3D is intriguing, and unfortunately not available on the CAB models. I understand the sound is an outstanding acoustic experience, but it better be for the $5000+ it demands.
Congratulations!
rustybear3 is offline  
Old 02-18-2019, 05:37 PM
  #33  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 4S PDK
Originally Posted by LovinMercedes View Post
Today my wife and I officially switched cars. I am now driving the 2019 S560 and she has the Tesla P100D.

I am very happy to be back in luxury. The Tesla is a fun car to drive, but it's fit and finish is very poor. Its technology is also lacking, and it doesn't have the basics of a $30,000 car.

It look great and drives great, but that's about it. I also must admit it was nice not to have to fill the car up with gas, but nevertheless, I am very happy to be back in the Mercedes.

Comfort and luxury, here I come.





Oh wow Gorgeous.

I saw pictures of the interior of the W223 and immediately thought of you - and here I see you got a new S!

Congrats! I might venture back to S Class next year but it's now all TBD depending on what the new interior will look like.

How's the ride compared to your first W222?
Chucky3000 is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm back with Mercedes, but this time for my wife


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: