S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Mercedes is just not what it used to be

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 11:31 AM

Received 175 Likes on 111 Posts
Volvo XC90
Originally Posted by superpop
I have the Anthracite Grey/Blue and it is probably one of my favorite colors on this car. Looks black at night, Dark Grey on a cloudy day and a really trick blue in the sunshine. Very cool color. I did have Lunar Blue Metallic on my last S and it was also very nice. Get lots of complements on both of them.
what color interior looks best with the anthracite blue? What do you have?
Old 06-17-2018, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 372 Posts
2019 S63 4Matic+, 2018 E400 Cabrio, wardens car.
I have the exclusive napa black. I would think it would look great with either black or brown.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 473 Likes on 327 Posts
2019 S560, 2022 Audi S8
Originally Posted by HSCLA

I’m sure I just got a lemon. Come up to SF and drive my S560 and tell me what you think.
If I didn't live 2000 miles away I would. I'm so curious to hear what you are experiencing. I can't believe the stealership hasn't approved of swapping your car with another one.
Old 06-17-2018, 01:48 PM

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts
2018 S560 4Matic Anth Blue
I bought my Anth. Blue with the Mahogany/Silk interior. Given that the Anth Blue is pretty dark on its own, I like the mahogany brown and silk trim to lighten the overall look. IMO, the combo looks great. More importantly, so far none of the issues the OP has suffered. In 3 weeks, I haven't found any cosmetic or mechanical issues and it rides very smooth and quiet despite the 20" run flats. Not trying to hijack the thread, but here's a few shots to show the color in different light/angles:

Old 06-17-2018, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 473 Likes on 327 Posts
2019 S560, 2022 Audi S8
That's gaw-jus. Simply gaw-jus. Glad to hear you are not having any issues. Mine has 40,000 miles on it and no issues.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
S Class Coupe
Originally Posted by Rockland

I was looking at Lunar and Anthracite today, what do you think of Anthracite Blue with Nut Brown, Porcelain or Black Exclusive Nappa?
I think the Nut Brown would look great with Anthracite! Very elegant and sophisticated. Porcelain would look nice new, but I fear how it would hold up over time (some folks I know who went for the Silk Beige later regretted having a light interior when it began to look dirty). To me, an all-black interior is just too austere - and I've had all-black interiors on at least 3 cars. If you live in a hot climate, it's a particularly bad choice. I had the wonderful Saddle Tan color in my S 550 Coupe and loved it -- so much so that I thought I wouldn't like the Nut Brown as much. Turns out I really like the Nut Brown even more. The color doesn't come up accurately on the MBUSA website -- it has a tinge of a reddish tone, but that's most certainly not the case in person. Looks more like a high-quality matte-finished milk chocolate. Goes especially well with the Light Burl wood. Not sure how it would go with the Brown Natural Ash -- two matte finishes against each other would seem odd. The high gloss of the Light Burl really sets the Nut Brown off nicely, and vice versa. The Exclusive Nappa has some great accent stitching that looks terrific.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:15 AM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 S63 Sedan, 2018 GLS 63
Originally Posted by WorldExplorer
I think the Nut Brown would look great with Anthracite! Very elegant and sophisticated. Porcelain would look nice new, but I fear how it would hold up over time (some folks I know who went for the Silk Beige later regretted having a light interior when it began to look dirty). To me, an all-black interior is just too austere - and I've had all-black interiors on at least 3 cars. If you live in a hot climate, it's a particularly bad choice. I had the wonderful Saddle Tan color in my S 550 Coupe and loved it -- so much so that I thought I wouldn't like the Nut Brown as much. Turns out I really like the Nut Brown even more. The color doesn't come up accurately on the MBUSA website -- it has a tinge of a reddish tone, but that's most certainly not the case in person. Looks more like a high-quality matte-finished milk chocolate. Goes especially well with the Light Burl wood. Not sure how it would go with the Brown Natural Ash -- two matte finishes against each other would seem odd. The high gloss of the Light Burl really sets the Nut Brown off nicely, and vice versa. The Exclusive Nappa has some great accent stitching that looks terrific.
i couldn’t agree more with the Nutbrown. I have it on my S63 and love it. I wouldn’t get any other color. I do have it with the black piano and looks great.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:03 AM

Received 170 Likes on 108 Posts
18 MB S63, 2022 911 Turbo S, 23 BMW M5C
Originally Posted by WorldExplorer
To me, an all-black interior is just too austere - and I've had all-black interiors on at least 3 cars. If you live in a hot climate, it's a particularly bad choice. .
I totally disagree. It was 96 degrees here yesterday, 100% humidity and my black interior still hid the dirt, was comfortable, cooled off quickly and will NEVER looks dirty, even if grape juice, a broken pen or anything else spills on it. Now... white lint? That's another story :o) Once I went black (in cars, years ago), I never went back. Too austere? It's in the eyes of the beholder I guess.

To each his own but yes, your NUT BROWN looks killer too. It's still too light for me and to me, would eventually look dirty. But I'm OCD about dirt. Pray for me.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 201 Posts
2022 EQS580
Steve, a black interior is also my color of choice. However, I bet you $zillions that your humidity was not even close to 100%. Maybe you were trying to make a point. With a temperature of 96, the dew point would have to also be 96 in order to have a relative humidity of 100%. It was more like 40-45%. With a temperature of 96, a relative humidity of 45% is quite high. You see, as the temperature rises, the amount of water vapor the air can hold without being saturated, rises exponentially. Your dew point yesterday was in the low 70's which is very uncomfortable but dew points in the 90's are unheard of in the U.S. Perhaps, it could be close to that in a tropical jungle but even there it is very unlikely. Where I live in the Midwest, dew points reached the mid 70's the past several days but part of that is due to the fact that we have millions of acres in a sea of green (soybean and corn fields). The plants transpire a great amount of water vapor into the air and it is not that uncommon for us to have higher dew points in the summer than a place like Houston. When I hear people say things like you said, I sort of cringe and try to correct them. I know a lot about this stuff since I am a retired meteorologist. I hope you take this in a good way. I apologize for the long explanation. Now, let's get back to talking about the S Class.
Old 06-19-2018, 01:13 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 S 650, 2014 SL 550, 2017 911 TTS Cab, '13 F458 Spider
Originally Posted by BeanTrader
Steve, a black interior is also my color of choice. However, I bet you $zillions that your humidity was not even close to 100%. Maybe you were trying to make a point. With a temperature of 96, the dew point would have to also be 96 in order to have a relative humidity of 100%. It was more like 40-45%. With a temperature of 96, a relative humidity of 45% is quite high. You see, as the temperature rises, the amount of water vapor the air can hold without being saturated, rises exponentially. Your dew point yesterday was in the low 70's which is very uncomfortable but dew points in the 90's are unheard of in the U.S. Perhaps, it could be close to that in a tropical jungle but even there it is very unlikely. Where I live in the Midwest, dew points reached the mid 70's the past several days but part of that is due to the fact that we have millions of acres in a sea of green (soybean and corn fields). The plants transpire a great amount of water vapor into the air and it is not that uncommon for us to have higher dew points in the summer than a place like Houston. When I hear people say things like you said, I sort of cringe and try to correct them. I know a lot about this stuff since I am a retired meteorologist. I hope you take this in a good way. I apologize for the long explanation. Now, let's get back to talking about the S Class.
I realize it's off topic, but educational nevertheless, thanks
Old 06-20-2018, 08:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by stever500
I totally disagree. It was 96 degrees here yesterday, 100% humidity and my black interior still hid the dirt, was comfortable, cooled off quickly and will NEVER looks dirty, even if grape juice, a broken pen or anything else spills on it. Now... white lint? That's another story :o) Once I went black (in cars, years ago), I never went back. Too austere? It's in the eyes of the beholder I guess.

To each his own but yes, your NUT BROWN looks killer too. It's still too light for me and to me, would eventually look dirty. But I'm OCD about dirt. Pray for me.

Absolute perfection in my book.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:04 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
S65, SL65
Originally Posted by MBS63AMG
While having my S63 serviced yesterday, they wanted me to test drive a 2018 S560. I was very impressed. It was as quiet as a church mouse. I didn't hear any outside noise of any kind and the car had zero rattles and creeky sounds like my car has. Then, after I cranked it up and started out on the highway, .......LOL. Just kidding! It was as I said, VERY QUIET AND COMFORTABLE.
Just read this...well, that’s annoying!!!! That’s how my 2015 S550 performed.
Maybe I can find the guy who bought my 550 and swap him my 560?