MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W222) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222-178/)
-   -   cross traffic alert (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222/710860-cross-traffic-alert.html)

jbw1 06-14-2018 04:37 PM

cross traffic alert

i have a new C300 with cross traffic and ALL the other safety options. IT DOESN'T do anything when a person walks behind car or when there is "cross traffic" coming when i back out of driveway.

dealer says this is normal operation and nothing wrong.

i think it's defective. even much cheaper cars have alerts

Streamliner 06-16-2018 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by jbw1 (Post 7479098)
i have a new C300 with cross traffic and ALL the other safety options. IT DOESN'T do anything when a person walks behind car or when there is "cross traffic" coming when i back out of driveway. dealer says this is normal operation and nothing wrong.
i think it's defective. even much cheaper cars have alerts

Even though you have a C300 and are posting in the W222 forum, I am very glad you brought this up. I have been so happy with my new 2018, that I keep “forgetting” to bring the car to the dealer, as I have never seen the Rear Cross Traffic Alert “alert” me to ANYTHING! When I experienced this type of system on a lowly 2015 Chevy Impala, it worked beautifully and I had been looking forward to having it on this new car. Do any other 2018 owners here have this feature? Is there a way to turn it on or off? Any info would be appreciated.

greasykid 06-16-2018 05:42 PM

Would you believe? My wifes 2016 Hyndai Tuscon has the CROSS TRAFFIC feature that works all the time & is her #1 option. Paid all of $32k. Go figure.

salamigs 06-16-2018 08:12 PM

I have not been alerted on anything either. And the option is on through the selections, I have confirmed...

MikeAtLincoln 06-16-2018 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Streamliner (Post 7480543)

Even though you have a C300 and are posting in the W222 forum, I am very glad you brought this up. I have been so happy with my new 2018, that I keep “forgetting” to bring the car to the dealer, as I have never seen the Rear Cross Traffic Alert “alert” me to ANYTHING! When I experienced this type of system on a lowly 2015 Chevy Impala, it worked beautifully and I had been looking forward to having it on this new car. Do any other 2018 owners here have this feature? Is there a way to turn it on or off? Any info would be appreciated.

Mine has worked several times now. I'm not sure you can turn it off since it is a safety feature.

garygnu 06-18-2018 02:14 PM

i would check through the menus on the wheel. on my 2016 i can disable a lot of the stuff through the wheel mounted menus. i keep them ALL on, but i COULD disable one or all...

flint350 06-18-2018 03:53 PM

Mine alerted me when backing out of a parking space in a lot. It sensed a car coming from the side that I couldn't see. I heard the audible beep but don't recall if there was any visual warning. It worked though.