Any update on pricing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 201 Posts
2022 EQS580
Any update on pricing?

I am really concerned about the tariffs placed on the EU and in particular the potential tariff on Mercedes. Is anything confirmed yet. IF there is a substantial increase in pricing of the 2019 S450 I ordered and will arrive here by late August, I will not be able to buy this awesome vehicle.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 313 Likes on 214 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by BeanTrader
I am really concerned about the tariffs placed on the EU and in particular the potential tariff on Mercedes. Is anything confirmed yet. IF there is a substantial increase in pricing of the 2019 S450 I ordered and will arrive here by late August, I will not be able to buy this awesome vehicle.
Here is what I was told is the pricing—SUBJECT TO CHANGE for the 2019 S Class cars in US dollars:

S450 $91250
S450 4matic $94250
S560 $101350
S560 4matic $104350
S63 4matic+ $149550
S65 $232550

I am very concerned about all this Tariff talk on MB as Trump seems like he is pointing directly at MB and BMW from his comments today. I have a ‘19 S63 on order for Euro Delivery so I am a little less concerned for my immediate Euro Delivery but I am guessing it would not have an impact on Euro Delivery—but who the heck knows with all the banter. The tariffs could change the game for MB in the US in particular with our beloved S Class cars.

The following 2 users liked this post by MTrauman:
AppleFan1 (06-29-2018), CDAVIDWEIMER (06-29-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by MTrauman

Here is what I was told is the pricing—SUBJECT TO CHANGE for the 2019 S Class cars in US dollars:

S450 $91250
S450 4matic $94250
S560 $101350
S560 4matic $104350
S63 4matic+ $149550
S65 $232550

I am very concerned about all this Tariff talk on MB as Trump seems like he is pointing directly at MB and BMW from his comments today. I have a ‘19 S63 on order for Euro Delivery so I am a little less concerned for my immediate Euro Delivery but I am guessing it would not have an impact on Euro Delivery—but who the heck knows with all the banter. The tariffs could change the game for MB in the US in particular with our beloved S Class cars.

How do these prices compared to the 2018 model? I'm especially interested in the pricing of the S450 4Matic. Is it about $1K more?
Old 06-29-2018, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
How do these prices compared to the 2018 model? I'm especially interested in the pricing of the S450 4Matic. Is it about $1K more?
I just answered my own question. The 2018 S450 4Matic was $92,900. So, the difference $1,350.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,419 Likes on 1,948 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Of course, none of us want the prices to rise on the cars we buy. But why should American car makers face 10% tariffs when their cars enter the EU, while EU makers only face 2.5% when their cars enter the US? I know it’s not that simple, but I do believe that America has been getting screwed when it comes to tariffs, by most other countries, for decades now and I am thrilled that we finally have an administration that is willing to do what it takes to level the playing field. In the end, I believe that none of us will be paying higher tariffs on our cars, as the EU will negotiate and this matter will be resolved in a way that is much more fair to all Americans.
The following 2 users liked this post by Streamliner:
Pntblnk (07-01-2018), quantira2 (06-29-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 06:10 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I am very concerned about all this Tariff talk on MB as Trump seems like he is pointing directly at MB and BMW from his comments today. I have a ‘19 S63 on order for Euro Delivery so I am a little less concerned for my immediate Euro Delivery but I am guessing it would not have an impact on Euro Delivery—but who the heck knows with all the banter.
Nice, what's your options?

I didn't realize the S63 was European Delivery available. It is never listed on the ED website.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by Corey140
Nice, what's your options?

I didn't realize the S63 was European Delivery available. It is never listed on the ED website.
Below is a cut and paste of my confirmation of order and invoice.

Mercedes-AMG® S63 Sedan

4.0 Liter V-8 Biturbo Engine

PRICING NOT YET AVAILABLE

PAINT & UPHOLSTERY

897 Ruby Black Metallic Metallic N/C

565 Silk Beige/Espresso Brown Exclusive Nappa Leather N/C

U.S. OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT

B06 AMG Silver Painted Brake Calipers N/C

H16 designo Black Piano Lacquer Flowing Lines Wood N/C

K27 factory code N/C

L6L AMG Performance Steering Wheel - Wood/Leather N/C

PZZ Steering Code N/C

P34 Exclusive Upholstery Code N/C

RTR 20" AMG Forged Cross-Spoke Wheels, Silver N/C

U24 AMG Exclusive Floormats N/C

068 Wheel Locking Bolts N/C

325 325 Rear Seat Package: 4-Zone Climate Control, N/C

* Power Right-Rear Footrest

326 326 Rear Seatbelt Airbags: Outboard Rear Seatbelt N/C

* Air Bags with Illuminated PRE-SAFE® Active Buckles

397 397 Executive Rear Seat Package: Multicontour N/C

* Outboard Rear Seats withMassage, Executive

* Right-Rear Seat with added Recline Angle and Power

* Calf Rest, CUSHIONBAG~

399 399 Executive Rear Seat Package PLUS: Four-Place N/C

* Seating for Entire Vehicle (Two-Passenger Rear

* Seats), Wood-Trimmed Rear Center Console with Dual

* Folding Tables, Rear Heated and Cooled Cupholders

413 Panorama Sunroof N/C

445 445 Warmth and Comfort Package: Heated Steering N/C

* Wheel, Power Outboard Rear Seats with Memory and

* Detachable Headrest Pillows, Heated and Active

* Ventilated Outboard Rear Seats, Heated Front/Rear

* Center Armrests and Heated Door Armrests

463 Head-Up Display N/C

597 Heated Windshield N/C

610 Night View Assist PLUS N/C

65U Porcelain DINAMICA Headliner N/C

735 Exclusive Trim Package N/C

8U0 factory code N/C

811 Burmester® High-End 3D Surround Sound System N/C

820 Factory delivery N/C

864 864 Rear Seat Entertainment Package: Rear Seat N/C

* Entertainment System with remote control

870 CD Drive in Glove Box N/C

936 factory code N/C

97B factory code N/C

997 997 Driver Assistance Package: Active Distance N/C

* Assist DISTRONIC®, Active Steering Assist, Active

* Lane Change Assist, Active Emergency Stop Assist,

* Active Speed Limit Assist, Active Brake Assist

* with Cross-Traffic Function, Evasive Steering

* Assist, Active Lane Keeping Assist, Active Blind

* Spot Assist, PRE-SAFE® PLUS (Rear-End Collision

* Protection), Route-Based Speed Adaption

TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE ??????????

A15 15 Day Euro Road Ins N/C

020 Gas Guzzler Tax N/C

104VGC Customer Ownership Training Charge N/C

T01VGC TAXI VOUCHER N/C -

TOTAL AMOUNT ??????????

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

VIN: NONE ASSIGNED THIS CONFIRMATION OF ORDER IS SUBJECT TO TERMS AND SALES CONDITIONS ATTACHED. WITH THE ACCEPTANCE OF THIS

CONFIRMATION OF ORDER, YOU ARE ACCEPTING THE MBUSA TERMS AND SALES CONDITIONS. DELIVERY OF THIS AUTOMOBILE CAN ONLY BE GRANTED TO

PURCHASER; ANY THIRD PARTY DELIVERY MUST BE APPROVED BY MBUSA.

PLEASE REVIEW THE ABOVE LISTED SPECIFICATIONS, DELIVERY DATE AND PRICES CAREFULLY. THEY MAY DIFFER FROM THOSE ORDERED FOR VARIOUS

REASONS. SHOULD YOU BE FORCED TO REQUEST CHANGE OF ANY OF THE ABOVE LISTED SPECIFICATIONS, IT MAY BE NECESSARY TO ALTER THE ABOVE

CONFIRMED DELIVERY DATE. PRICES AND TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE, EX- FACTORY PRICE AT TIME OF DELIVERY APPLIES.

Tax-free export delivery as per Section 6 of the German VAT
The following users liked this post:
Corey140 (06-30-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by Streamliner
Of course, none of us want the prices to rise on the cars we buy. But why should American car makers face 10% tariffs when their cars enter the EU, while EU makers only face 2.5% when their cars enter the US? I know it’s not that simple, but I do believe that America has been getting screwed when it comes to tariffs, by most other countries, for decades now and I am thrilled that we finally have an administration that is willing to do what it takes to level the playing field. In the end, I believe that none of us will be paying higher tariffs on our cars, as the EU will negotiate and this matter will be resolved in a way that is much more fair to all Americans.
Apart from the discussion about particular tariffs, do you believe that US car manufacturers will sell more cars in Europe even at a zero tariff? Which is of course what GM and Ford have already done for decades via it's European subsidiaries. GM couldn't make a buck selling their cars via their German company Opel over the last 30 years and eventually sold off to the French. Ford manufacturers cars in Europe just like BMW and Mercedes in the US.
Cadillacs, Ford Mustangs, Chevy Corvettes and Camaros are sold at bargain prices in Europe and only sell in the hundreds. Completely unrelated to tariffs, these are simply not desirable cars in Europe and will not sell in high numbers no matter what.
The following 5 users liked this post by Wolfman:
aypues (06-30-2018), CA_E55 (07-07-2018), Germancar1 (07-09-2018), patrick_y (07-08-2018), quantira2 (06-30-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,419 Likes on 1,948 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by Wolfman
Apart from the discussion about particular tariffs, do you believe that US car manufacturers will sell more cars in Europe even at a zero tariff? Which is of course what GM and Ford have already done for decades via it's European subsidiaries. GM couldn't make a buck selling their cars via their German company Opel over the last 30 years and eventually sold off to the French. Ford manufacturers cars in Europe just like BMW and Mercedes in the US.
Cadillacs, Ford Mustangs, Chevy Corvettes and Camaros are sold at bargain prices in Europe and only sell in the hundreds. Completely unrelated to tariffs, these are simply not desirable cars in Europe and will not sell in high numbers no matter what.
I agree. American cars have never done well in Europe, especially in Germany—and probably never will. It’s just a good example of the difference in the tariff rates between the US and the EU.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
All I can say is WOW! Congratulations, Trauman.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘19 AMG S63
All I can say is WOW! Congratulations, Trauman.
Thanks BeenTrader. The build is about the same as my current ‘16 S550 4matic (even same exterior and interior color) except I added the 3D Sound System and this is the S63. I love my current S class but I have always wanted to get an AMG. I did the AMG Challenge (now AMG Academy) about 10 years ago and recently did the two day Performance Driving School with BMW at their Performance Center track at the BMW plant in South Carolina. So I will give the S63 a shot after 25 years of owing many S500/S550.
Old 06-29-2018, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by Streamliner

I agree. American cars have never done well in Europe, especially in Germany—and probably never will. It’s just a good example of the difference in the tariff rates between the US and the EU.
I don’t mean to highjack the thread, so I am quick with a closing comment.
The issue with tariffs is that many of them are historical and at a glance make little sense, just like the 25% tariff on trucks coming to the US.
Somewhat like old, outdated laws...
This is where encompassing trade agreements can clean up the mess.
Hope this is coming to a quick end before it impacts the economy...
No back to the S-Class
Old 06-30-2018, 12:43 AM

Mercedes-AMG® S63 Sedan

PAINT & UPHOLSTERY

VIN: NONE ASSIGNED THIS CONFIRMATION OF ORDER IS SUBJECT TO TERMS AND SALES CONDITIONS ATTACHED. WITH THE ACCEPTANCE OF THIS

CONFIRMATION OF ORDER, YOU ARE ACCEPTING THE MBUSA TERMS AND SALES CONDITIONS. DELIVERY OF THIS AUTOMOBILE CAN ONLY BE GRANTED TO

PLEASE REVIEW THE ABOVE LISTED SPECIFICATIONS, DELIVERY DATE AND PRICES CAREFULLY. THEY MAY DIFFER FROM THOSE ORDERED FOR VARIOUS

REASONS. SHOULD YOU BE FORCED TO REQUEST CHANGE OF ANY OF THE ABOVE LISTED SPECIFICATIONS, IT MAY BE NECESSARY TO ALTER THE ABOVE

CONFIRMED DELIVERY DATE. PRICES AND TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE, EX- FACTORY PRICE AT TIME OF DELIVERY APPLIES.

I think, the either of the black rim options would fit your overall order but nice options all together.

Can't wait to hear about your ED...
Old 06-30-2018, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by Wolfman

I don’t mean to highjack the thread, so I am quick with a closing comment.
The issue with tariffs is that many of them are historical and at a glance make little sense, just like the 25% tariff on trucks coming to the US.
Somewhat like old, outdated laws...
This is where encompassing trade agreements can clean up the mess.
Hope this is coming to a quick end before it impacts the economy...
No back to the S-Class
Yes, the great majority of the economists DO NOT want to see new tariffs.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 S550 4matic, 1960 Chevy Impala Conv, (Previously 2002 S500, 2008 S550 4Matic)
Originally Posted by Corey140
I think, the either of the black rim options would fit your overall order but nice options all together.

Can't wait to hear about your ED...
Interesting sometimes what abbreviations can mean ED :
Old 07-02-2018, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by wows500
Interesting sometimes what abbreviations can mean ED :
European Delivery

Old 07-03-2018, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mb
I am thinking about EDP for s450v4 trying to get it sooner. The dealer is reporting late Oct for USA delivery as of now, but wonder if I can get EDP sooner. When did you configure your s450 for end of August delivery? The dealer appears to be shifting the dates build/delivery...
Old 07-03-2018, 10:53 PM

G55 CL55
Does anyone have any updates on 2019 S560 4Matic Sedan MSRP? Also wondering what kind of discounts if any you've been offered by your dealers on a CUSTOM build? I have an opportunity to take advantage of Mercedes Fleet Discount, but trying to figure out what is a realistic discount I should target and expect to get, or essentially what is considered a good deal. What finance rate have your dealers offered for a 60month term? My dealer is offering me 13% off MSRP, based on the fleet discount incentive, so as long as it's not financed through MBFS. He is promising that alternative banks would offer 60month term depending on deposit ranging from 3% to 4% APR based on 60month term. Is this considered a good or bad deal for a custom 2019 order? What do you all think. I've never done custom builds in the past so not sure if this is considered a great deal, average deal or nothing special etc... and whether they are trying to get me on the backend financing. Is there anything I should have the dealer disclose in ahead of time or ultimately look out for? Any advise you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Also part of discussion are 2 custom built GLC Coupes in addition to the S560. For the GLC coupes they are offering 6.5% discount if it's setup as a lease and 7.5% discount if it's purchased financed outside of MBFS. What do you guys think?
Old 07-03-2018, 11:02 PM

mb
Originally Posted by alapin
Does anyone have any updates on 2019 S560 4Matic Sedan MSRP? Also wondering what kind of discounts if any you've been offered by your dealers on a CUSTOM build? I have an opportunity to take advantage of Mercedes Fleet Discount, but trying to figure out what is a realistic discount I should target and expect to get, or essentially what is considered a good deal. What finance rate have your dealers offered for a 60month term? My dealer is offering me 13% off MSRP, based on the fleet discount incentive, so as long as it's not financed through MBFS. He is promising that alternative banks would offer 60month term depending on deposit ranging from 3% to 4% APR based on 60month term. Is this considered a good or bad deal for a custom 2019 order? What do you all think. I've never done custom builds in the past so not sure if this is considered a great deal, average deal or nothing special etc... and whether they are trying to get me on the backend financing. Is there anything I should have the dealer disclose in ahead of time or ultimately look out for? Any advise you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Also part of discussion are 2 custom built GLC Coupes in addition to the S560. For the GLC coupes they are offering 6.5% discount if it's setup as a lease and 7.5% discount if it's purchased financed outside of MBFS. What do you guys think?
I am interested what fleet discount you can apply to a 2019 S5604Matic, as I am looking for the same on a new S and would like updated pricing as well. It looks like the msrp was posted earlier in the thread as estimated pricing for 2019. Do you have a delivery date for your new s?
Old 07-03-2018, 11:13 PM

G55 CL55
I haven't placed the order yet. I've been negotiating back and forth. We have multiple vehicles we are discussing the S560 and 2 - GLC300 so I am trying to figure out if they are in fact providing a good deal or have hidden intentions since they don't want it done through MBFS. I am not pressed for time, I figured it would be 3 months.

Last edited by alapin; 07-05-2018 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:15 AM

Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts
2015 MBZ S 550
Originally Posted by alapin
I haven't placed the order yet. I've been negotiating back and forth. We have multiple vehicles we are discussing the S560 and 2 - GLC300 so I am trying to figure out if they are in fact providing a good deal or have hidden intentions since they don't want it done through MBFS. I am not processed on time, I figured it would be 3 months.
They probably make more money going through a different ( not MBZ ) finance company. If you get your own financing, then you control it.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:44 PM

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
s class
Originally Posted by Socalsteve

They probably make more money going through a different ( not MBZ ) finance company. If you get your own financing, then you control it.
Just use Penfed.org, you can get 2.5% financing and very easy to deal with.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by speedrx
Just use Penfed.org, you can get 2.5% financing and very easy to deal with.
To add some clarity to this: Pennfeds rates are 2.49% for 36 mths, 3.24% for 48 mths and 3.49% for 60 mths currently.

Another excellent alternative is www.lightstream.com a division of Suntrust Banks. For excellent credit customers their rates are 3.59% for 36 mths, 3.69% for 48 mths, and 3.69% for 60 mths. The great thing about LightStream is that if you have excellent credit these rates are for an unsecure auto loan which means you keep the title in your possession. These are both excellent options for Euro Delivery (I have used LightStream but not Pennfed) instead of the dealers wanting you to use MB Finance at potentially higher rates. The BMW forum talks a lot about Pennfed for Euro Delivery financing while I have used LightStream.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4

Mercedes-AMG® S63 Sedan

PAINT & UPHOLSTERY

U.S. OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT

B06 AMG Silver Painted Brake Calipers N/C

H16 designo Black Piano Lacquer Flowing Lines Wood N/C

K27 factory code N/C

L6L AMG Performance Steering Wheel - Wood/Leather N/C

PZZ Steering Code N/C

P34 Exclusive Upholstery Code N/C

RTR 20" AMG Forged Cross-Spoke Wheels, Silver N/C

U24 AMG Exclusive Floormats N/C

068 Wheel Locking Bolts N/C

325 325 Rear Seat Package: 4-Zone Climate Control, N/C

* Power Right-Rear Footrest

326 326 Rear Seatbelt Airbags: Outboard Rear Seatbelt N/C

* Air Bags with Illuminated PRE-SAFE® Active Buckles

397 397 Executive Rear Seat Package: Multicontour N/C

* Outboard Rear Seats withMassage, Executive

* Right-Rear Seat with added Recline Angle and Power

* Calf Rest, CUSHIONBAG~

399 399 Executive Rear Seat Package PLUS: Four-Place N/C

* Seating for Entire Vehicle (Two-Passenger Rear

* Seats), Wood-Trimmed Rear Center Console with Dual

* Folding Tables, Rear Heated and Cooled Cupholders

413 Panorama Sunroof N/C

445 445 Warmth and Comfort Package: Heated Steering N/C

* Wheel, Power Outboard Rear Seats with Memory and

* Detachable Headrest Pillows, Heated and Active

* Ventilated Outboard Rear Seats, Heated Front/Rear

* Center Armrests and Heated Door Armrests

463 Head-Up Display N/C

597 Heated Windshield N/C

610 Night View Assist PLUS N/C

65U Porcelain DINAMICA Headliner N/C

735 Exclusive Trim Package N/C

8U0 factory code N/C

811 Burmester® High-End 3D Surround Sound System N/C

820 Factory delivery N/C

864 864 Rear Seat Entertainment Package: Rear Seat N/C

* Entertainment System with remote control

870 CD Drive in Glove Box N/C

936 factory code N/C

97B factory code N/C

997 997 Driver Assistance Package: Active Distance N/C

* Assist DISTRONIC®, Active Steering Assist, Active

* Lane Change Assist, Active Emergency Stop Assist,

* Active Speed Limit Assist, Active Brake Assist

* with Cross-Traffic Function, Evasive Steering

* Assist, Active Lane Keeping Assist, Active Blind

* Spot Assist, PRE-SAFE® PLUS (Rear-End Collision

* Protection), Route-Based Speed Adaption

TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE ??????????

A15 15 Day Euro Road Ins N/C

020 Gas Guzzler Tax N/C

104VGC Customer Ownership Training Charge N/C

T01VGC TAXI VOUCHER N/C -

TOTAL AMOUNT ??????????

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Congrats, Should be another pretty one. We both ordered the same exterior color.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by LovinMercedes
Congrats, Should be another pretty one. We both ordered the same exterior color.

Yes I really like the Ruby Black. I thought about the Mocha Black like your other S but as you know they eliminated the Mocha Black so this will be the second S with Ruby Black. Really like the color. If I recall this will be your wife’s car. How is the Tesla Model S? Hopefully you are enjoying that ride.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any update on pricing?