Big surprise!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 201 Posts
2022 EQS580
Big surprise!

I had posted perhaps at least a month ago now that my 2019 S450 would be built in late July and I would have it by late August. There has been quite a turnover of salesmen along with the GM at my local dealership. I called my salesmen this past Thursday so that I could meet the new GM and lo and behold he told me that he (salesman) has just changed jobs and now works at the local Lexus dealership. He also told me that he has given all my info to the inventory lady and the salesman who took his place. I decided to visit the MB dealership to meet the new salesman who has my info and the new GM. Well, the new GM called over the inventory lady and she shocks me by telling me that my car was already in Baltimore and that I would have it by no later than the end of this month. That's great but I was not planning to advertise to sell my 2014 S550 until the first of August since my new car would not be here until late August. So, I'm now scrambling to try and sell my 2014 S550. By the way I can tell you that MB raised the price on the new car by $1200. I was concerned about this and relieved that it's not a lot more. Oh well, I feel confident that I will find a buyer for the S550. I have posted an ad on craigslist and CarGurus. You guys can see it there I'm sure.
Old 07-15-2018, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 940 Likes on 686 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Where is the car? Is it the one in Iowa that car gurus says has been in an accident?

​​​​​​https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...102_isFeatured

​​​​​​https://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto...642440395.html

I noticed the the craigslist ad for this car makes no mention of the accident that Car Gurus flagged.

Last edited by MBNUT1; 07-15-2018 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-15-2018, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by MBNUT1
Where is the car? Is it the one in Iowa that car gurus says has been in an accident?

​​​​​​https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...102_isFeatured

​​​​​​https://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto...642440395.html

I noticed the the craigslist ad for this car makes no mention of the accident that Car Gurus flagged.
Yes, it is the one in IA. As far as the accident is concerned, it was quite minor. I was driving east on I-80 a couple years ago. As I was about to pass a small SUV, she (the driver who was drunk) very suddenly veered into my passing lane without warning and the front of my car made contact with the SUV's side and her car ended up in the ditch. I was able to control my S550 and stopped. The front bumper and one of the headlights were damaged but the headlight was still working. After the police arrived and made all the necessary investigation, the police told me that same lady was involved in another accident earlier that morning. Mind boggling, right? She lied about her insurance with Progressive as was later learned that Progressive cancelled her insurance months earlier. Anyway, my wife and I completed our trip to visit our daughter and her family in OH and when we got back home in central IA, the MB collision shop replaced the bumper and the headlight. My car looks as good as new as you can see from the photos on CarGurus and rides beautifully. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 940 Likes on 686 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by BeanTrader
Yes, it is the one in IA. As far as the accident is concerned, it was quite minor. I was driving east on I-80 a couple years ago. As I was about to pass a small SUV, she (the driver who was drunk) very suddenly veered into my passing lane without warning and the front of my car made contact with the SUV's side and her car ended up in the ditch. I was able to control my S550 and stopped. The front bumper and one of the headlights were damaged but the headlight was still working. After the police arrived and made all the necessary investigation, the police told me that same lady was involved in another accident earlier that morning. Mind boggling, right? She lied about her insurance with Progressive as was later learned that Progressive cancelled her insurance months earlier. Anyway, my wife and I completed our trip to visit our daughter and her family in OH and when we got back home in central IA, the MB collision shop replaced the bumper and the headlight. My car looks as good as new as you can see from the photos on CarGurus and rides beautifully. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Might be good to include a Carfax link in the ads. Carfax does distinguish minor from major accidents as this does sound like it would be a minor one.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by MBNUT1
Might be good to include a Carfax link in the ads. Carfax does distinguish minor from major accidents as this does sound like it would be a minor one.
Pardon my Greek, but Carfax sucks! I actually went to the local Carfax to see what they would offer for my car and the offer was ridiculous. The MB dealer is offering considerably more. I have no idea what they considered the accident. I can assure you that the accident was quite minor for my car.

Oops! I took Carfax to mean CarMax. Sorry.

Last edited by AppleFan1; 07-15-2018 at 02:39 PM.