S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

2019 s63 considerations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 07:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 s63 considerations

Hi folks
i have been considering a large sedan and between Maserati quattraporte , panamera turbo, Bmw 750 and S63 , I liked the S63 the most from a power , sound , comfort, luxury and day to day usage perspective . The 63 engine torque and sound is amazing , not as loud as in c63 or amg gt but loud enough for a luxury sedan

1) As I live in north east , did anyone get all season tires for the S63 from factory or tire rack etc ?
2) I really liked the magnetite black exterior ,looked darkish grey in the sun , will nut brown interior go with it ?
3) I think detachable pillows come as part of warm and comfort package ( although it says they are part of rear seat package ), I saw a s450 having those pillows and it had just the warmth and comfort package
4) does anyone have alcantara leather wheel and how does it feel and wear ?
5) any must have option I missed ?
6) reasonable percentage discount to be expected when ordering new

Any feedback will be appreciated

Last edited by smjc_99; 08-04-2018 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:59 AM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 S63 Sedan, 2018 GLS 63
Originally Posted by smjc_99
Hi folks
i have been considering a large sedan and between Maserati quattraporte , panamera turbo, Bmw 750 and S63 , I liked the S63 the most from a power , sound , comfort, luxury and day to day usage perspective . The 63 engine torque and sound is amazing , not as loud as in c63 or amg gt but loud enough for a luxury sedan

1) As I live in north east , did anyone get all season tires for the S63 from factory or tire rack etc ?
2) I really liked the magnetite black exterior ,looked darkish grey in the sun , will nut brown interior go with it ?
3) I think detachable pillows come as part of warm and comfort package ( although it says they are part of rear seat package ), I saw a s450 having those pillows and it had just the warmth and comfort package
4) does anyone have alcantara leather wheel and how does it feel and wear ?
5) any must have option I missed ?
6) reasonable percentage discount to be expected when ordering new

Any feedback will be appreciated
i love my 2018 s63. I have the Michelin sport 3 tires. Might be a drop off on the name but they are great. I tried the 4s and hated them. I live in the north east and and it wasn’t bad in the snow. I was actually surprised. I got almost every option but my favorite is the magic sky control. It allows me to keep the shade open and not worry about the sun shining in to strong. I did get all the Saftey features , plus the rear seat options. If your in NY I had a great sales agent at helms bros in Queens. I also went with the standard leather wheel.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:44 PM

Received 170 Likes on 108 Posts
18 MB S63, 2022 911 Turbo S, 23 BMW M5C
I wouldn't recommend the alcantera steering wheel. I got it since my car was sitting on a lot and it just came this way, and found it to not grip well at all and it feels so fake compared to leather. I LOVE leather and am looking to get a leather wheel instead somewhere. Still trying to source one.