S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Microphone defect on my new S560 big frustration!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 s560
Angry Microphone defect on my new S560 big frustration!

Just purchased S560, amazing features, never be board riding this car, changing dash board colors as often as possible just for fun and voice dictating friendly car ever. After I changed my tires from 20" to 19" I was enjoying even more...but but but here comes an unexpected frustration!!!!!!!
whenever i make phone call via BT connection, I do hear the other party loud and clear, every one on the other side complains about my voice quality, "can't hear you, your voice being chopped, what did you say? can you speak louder, why is your phone acting up"...all kinds of reaction ever since i got this new beautiful S560" All my previous S classes were a perfect in room, quiet room quality voice transmission, other party would never figure out that i am calling while i am driving. This new S560 phone sound quality annoyed me to the max, and i took it to the dealer, my dedicated rep disconnect and reconnect my Samsung S9+ made few calls, passenger side MIC works fine, driver side MIC definitely had an issue. My rep. removed my phone from the system, connect his phone and made calls, yup the same,result we concluded my side MIC has an issue, defect, malfunction, whatever you want to call it. Why in the world they put Microphone above my forehead not in the top middle console area as it has been, it could easily be damaged during any cleaning process, it looked like a dime size button, dust could get in there, particles could clogged this MIC. Anyhow, i have to take car again to service station next week. What a hassle and what are the chances to pick defective Microphone car out of hundreds!!!! Any better solution other than taking it service station next and replacing Mic?