MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W222) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222-178/)
-   -   How to operate the air freshner in my car (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222/717339-how-operate-air-freshner-my-car.html)

Phillyfinest 08-05-2018 10:31 PM

How to operate the air freshner in my car

Ok. I bought a bottle of the fragrance. Sports Mood. I do not smell anything. I have it on 3. Is there a certain setting the climate control should be on for you to smell it? Should recirculate button be on?

I only smelled a hobby of it one time since it been in my car. That's been about a week now.

MikeAtLincoln 08-06-2018 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Phillyfinest (Post 7521671)
Ok. I bought a bottle of the fragrance. Sports Mood. I do not smell anything. I have it on 3. Is there a certain setting the climate control should be on for you to smell it? Should recirculate button be on?

I only smelled a hobby of it one time since it been in my car. That's been about a week now.

I had the same issue with my previous car (C300) never worked unless I brought it in to be checked, then it worked! The system works well in the S450 with one exception, it turns its self off randomly. I'll dirve for a while and realize I don't smell anything, check it and turn it back on and I can smell it right away.

Phillyfinest 08-06-2018 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by MikeAtLincoln (Post 7521882)
I had the same issue with my previous car (C300) never worked unless I brought it in to be checked, then it worked! The system works well in the S450 with one exception, it turns its self off randomly. I'll dirve for a while and realize I don't smell anything, check it and turn it back on and I can smell it right away.

Thanks. I don't know what's going on with mine. I hear the motor engage when I start the car. But with AC on I get no smell. 90 bucs down the drain.

Nice Ride 08-07-2018 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Phillyfinest (Post 7522477)

Thanks. I don't know what's going on with mine. I hear the motor engage when I start the car. But with AC on I get no smell. 90 bucs down the drain.

Minor items to check.
1. Make sure metal washer is still on bottom of jar. A magnet holds the jar centered, if it fell off, you will need to glue on a washer.
2. make sure the Glove Box is closing properly. I opened the glove box on mine while the scent started coming out and you will hear the motor release so the jar can be removed.
3. Make sure your can push down on the flap on top of the jar with your finger, make sure its not stuck. Its pretty hard to push down since it is a spring loaded seal. While pushing down, you should be able to smell the scent.
4. LOL, did someone pour out the product and fill it with water? never know with ebay…. ah fresh scent of aqua....

Phillyfinest 08-07-2018 04:20 PM

Nice Ride: lol. I ordered off of Amazon. What i am noticing is that i can smell it (lightly though) when climate control is on but not the AC. Definitely nothing when AC is running. Maybe it only works with climate control on but not AC. Who knows. I still feel like a wasted money buying a jar of this stuff. Guess i’ll Be going back to good ole’ new car scent pine air freshener..

Nice Ride 08-07-2018 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Phillyfinest (Post 7523122)
Nice Ride: lol. I ordered off of Amazon. What i am noticing is that i can smell it (lightly though) when climate control is on but not the AC. Definitely nothing when AC is running. Maybe it only works with climate control on but not AC. Who knows. I still feel like a wasted money buying a jar of this stuff. Guess i’ll Be going back to good ole’ new car scent pine air freshener..

It does work with AC on as well as with Air Cleaner. It is very subtle, it will activate on average every 6 to 10 minutes from what I notice. Again, it is very subtle.... When it does activate ( little motor in glove box pushes down on top of jar causing a small airflow from the jar into the cabin, that's it. Also, I do notice a difference when the air flow is on high, you will not notice it as much. I usually have the car set to auto, when I first start the car, it usually will immediately cycle within the first minute or so.... Do not expect the same heavy smell from an air freshener....

As you drive, every now and then, you should notice a little smell, then dissipate as quick as it came.... No lingering smell. The product is not oil based, so it is not a heavy scent. I keep it set to the highest setting and just leave it there.... Again, make sure the jar is seated well.
Enjoy

MikeAtLincoln 08-07-2018 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Nice Ride (Post 7523387)
It does work with AC on as well as with Air Cleaner. It is very subtle, it will activate on average every 6 to 10 minutes from what I notice. Again, it is very subtle.... When it does activate ( little motor in glove box pushes down on top of jar causing a small airflow from the jar into the cabin, that's it. Also, I do notice a difference when the air flow is on high, you will not notice it as much. I usually have the car set to auto, when I first start the car, it usually will immediately cycle within the first minute or so.... Do not expect the same heavy smell from an air freshener....

As you drive, every now and then, you should notice a little smell, then dissipate as quick as it came.... No lingering smell. The product is not oil based, so it is not a heavy scent. I keep it set to the highest setting and just leave it there.... Again, make sure the jar is seated well.
Enjoy

I get a noticable smell from mine even when it is set to "low". I just wish I could figure out what sets it to "off" every now and then!