Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > New S-Class (W222)
Finally- blacked out the Chrome, and new wheels. >

Finally- blacked out the Chrome, and new wheels.

Notices
New S-Class (W222) 2014-Present

Old 08-09-2018, 07:41 PM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Audi a7

Iím finally done with al the mods I want on the car and Iím satisfied. If youíve seen my other post, I added an exhaust and ecu flash. My final stage was to blackout the chrome, lower the car and get new rims. Understanding that this look is NOT for everyone and will likely elicit the ďthatís not what this car is made to look likeĒ comments, but idc lol itís what I like and want to share for those who are thinking about getting the car
Done....

for or anyone wondering I say this in full honesty, I feel
little to no difference in ride comfort going from 19ís up to 22ís. Maybe hitting a pothole Iíll feel a difference but on smooth roads and bumpy roads I donít notice a difference. I think Mercedes just did a great job of making this car comfortable!

Exhaust - resonator Delete replaced with X Pipe and Remus Axleback Exhaust.
Chrome - blacked out in gloss black.
Tailights - Tinted
Wheels - 22 inch Vossen CVT powder coated gloss black
Lowered via Ghost Lowering links
ECU flash - Weistec

Last edited by Ksellers10; 08-09-2018 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:16 PM

Liked 15 Times in 13 Posts
2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550
nice man! i just did the same to my CLS(blacked out the chrome) and my rims and tires come next week! ... honestly.. you're the one who spent over 100 thousands dollars for your car.. im SURE you should be the one to get and enjoy what you got/did to it! nothing else matters!! i look at mine everyday and just love that i made it MINE the way i wanted it! its beautiful though man.. enjoy!!!
Old 08-09-2018, 10:13 PM

Liked 72 Times in 64 Posts
2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Originally Posted by Ksellers10 View Post

Iím finally done with al the mods I want on the car and Iím satisfied. If youíve seen my other post, I added an exhaust and ecu flash. My final stage was to blackout the chrome, lower the car and get new rims. Understanding that this look is NOT for everyone and will likely elicit the ďthatís not what this car is made to look likeĒ comments, but idc lol itís what I like and want to share for those who are thinking about getting the car
Done....

little to no difference in ride comfort going from 19ís up to 22ís. Maybe hitting a pothole Iíll feel a difference but on smooth roads and bumpy roads I donít notice a difference. I think Mercedes just did a great job of making this car comfortable!

Tailights - Tinted
ECU flash - Weistec
Nice, enjoy! Looks like you did tint also, did you do the front only? Also, I contacted Remus, they stated that they can only connect the exhaust valves to cars that already have them. So standard S Class is a no go, only AMG 63 has them factory.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:19 PM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Audi a7
Originally Posted by Nice Ride View Post
Nice, enjoy! Looks like you did tint also, did you do the front only? Also, I contacted Remus, they stated that they can only connect the exhaust valves to cars that already have them. So standard S Class is a no go, only AMG 63 has them factory.

ah thatís good to know. Contacting them was on my to do list this week lol. And yea tint was the very first thing I did when I got the car 8 months ago. I got 20% all around and if I recall right, 50% on the front windshield. I do wish I went a little darker as the factory ice blue Mercedes tint lightens it a bit.

so I know itís kind of ghetto but it works....I zip tied the exhaust valve to the open position in lieu of being able to have electronic control. I kept one closed and one open and gives a nice even sound.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:20 PM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Audi a7

Originally Posted by TheFranchizeSLB View Post
nice man! i just did the same to my CLS(blacked out the chrome) and my rims and tires come next week! ... honestly.. you're the one who spent over 100 thousands dollars for your car.. im SURE you should be the one to get and enjoy what you got/did to it! nothing else matters!! i look at mine everyday and just love that i made it MINE the way i wanted it! its beautiful though man.. enjoy!!!

couldnít agree more! And blackout makes these cars look like a total different vehicle. My friend came over and asked me if I had gotten a new car. Haha
Old 08-09-2018, 10:48 PM

2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Originally Posted by Ksellers10 View Post

Done....

Tailights - Tinted
ECU flash - Weistec
Why didn't you go with Black Center Caps....
Also, friend had his sunroof done with tint also, it actually looks great! Keeps more heat out and just enough tint to keep the glare out.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:11 AM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Audi a7
Originally Posted by Nice Ride View Post
Why didn't you go with Black Center Caps....
Also, friend had his sunroof done with tint also, it actually looks great! Keeps more heat out and just enough tint to keep the glare out.
I debated getting black center caps, but decided not to black out the lugs and the center cap as it breaks up the black. I like it. I will probably purchase a set of the raised center caps like on the new e63s I really like those.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Liked 367 Times in 278 Posts
2016 E350 Sedan, 2018 S560 Sedan, On order: 2019 SL450
ďDiamond in da back, sunroof top, diggin da scene wid a gangsta lean......Ē
Old 08-10-2018, 08:56 PM

2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Originally Posted by Streamliner View Post
ďDiamond in da back, sunroof top, diggin da scene wid a gangsta lean......Ē
Lol...
Old 08-12-2018, 07:12 PM