S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Finally- blacked out the Chrome, and new wheels.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 07:41 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Audi a7
Finally- blacked out the Chrome, and new wheels.

I’m finally done with al the mods I want on the car and I’m satisfied. If you’ve seen my other post, I added an exhaust and ecu flash. My final stage was to blackout the chrome, lower the car and get new rims. Understanding that this look is NOT for everyone and will likely elicit the “that’s not what this car is made to look like” comments, but idc lol it’s what I like and want to share for those who are thinking about getting the car
Done....

for or anyone wondering I say this in full honesty, I feel
little to no difference in ride comfort going from 19’s up to 22’s. Maybe hitting a pothole I’ll feel a difference but on smooth roads and bumpy roads I don’t notice a difference. I think Mercedes just did a great job of making this car comfortable!

Exhaust - resonator Delete replaced with X Pipe and Remus Axleback Exhaust.
Chrome - blacked out in gloss black.
Tailights - Tinted
Wheels - 22 inch Vossen CVT powder coated gloss black
Lowered via Ghost Lowering links
ECU flash - Weistec

Last edited by Ksellers10; 08-09-2018 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:16 PM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550
nice man! i just did the same to my CLS(blacked out the chrome) and my rims and tires come next week! ... honestly.. you're the one who spent over 100 thousands dollars for your car.. im SURE you should be the one to get and enjoy what you got/did to it! nothing else matters!! i look at mine everyday and just love that i made it MINE the way i wanted it! its beautiful though man.. enjoy!!!
Old 08-09-2018, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 243 Likes on 195 Posts
2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Originally Posted by Ksellers10

I’m finally done with al the mods I want on the car and I’m satisfied. If you’ve seen my other post, I added an exhaust and ecu flash. My final stage was to blackout the chrome, lower the car and get new rims. Understanding that this look is NOT for everyone and will likely elicit the “that’s not what this car is made to look like” comments, but idc lol it’s what I like and want to share for those who are thinking about getting the car
Done....

little to no difference in ride comfort going from 19’s up to 22’s. Maybe hitting a pothole I’ll feel a difference but on smooth roads and bumpy roads I don’t notice a difference. I think Mercedes just did a great job of making this car comfortable!

Tailights - Tinted
ECU flash - Weistec
Nice, enjoy! Looks like you did tint also, did you do the front only? Also, I contacted Remus, they stated that they can only connect the exhaust valves to cars that already have them. So standard S Class is a no go, only AMG 63 has them factory.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:19 PM

Audi a7
Originally Posted by Nice Ride
Nice, enjoy! Looks like you did tint also, did you do the front only? Also, I contacted Remus, they stated that they can only connect the exhaust valves to cars that already have them. So standard S Class is a no go, only AMG 63 has them factory.

ah that’s good to know. Contacting them was on my to do list this week lol. And yea tint was the very first thing I did when I got the car 8 months ago. I got 20% all around and if I recall right, 50% on the front windshield. I do wish I went a little darker as the factory ice blue Mercedes tint lightens it a bit.

so I know it’s kind of ghetto but it works....I zip tied the exhaust valve to the open position in lieu of being able to have electronic control. I kept one closed and one open and gives a nice even sound.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:20 PM

Audi a7

Originally Posted by TheFranchizeSLB
nice man! i just did the same to my CLS(blacked out the chrome) and my rims and tires come next week! ... honestly.. you're the one who spent over 100 thousands dollars for your car.. im SURE you should be the one to get and enjoy what you got/did to it! nothing else matters!! i look at mine everyday and just love that i made it MINE the way i wanted it! its beautiful though man.. enjoy!!!

couldn’t agree more! And blackout makes these cars look like a total different vehicle. My friend came over and asked me if I had gotten a new car. Haha
Old 08-09-2018, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Originally Posted by Ksellers10

Done....

Tailights - Tinted
ECU flash - Weistec
Why didn't you go with Black Center Caps....
Also, friend had his sunroof done with tint also, it actually looks great! Keeps more heat out and just enough tint to keep the glare out.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:11 AM

Audi a7
Originally Posted by Nice Ride
Why didn't you go with Black Center Caps....
Also, friend had his sunroof done with tint also, it actually looks great! Keeps more heat out and just enough tint to keep the glare out.
I debated getting black center caps, but decided not to black out the lugs and the center cap as it breaks up the black. I like it. I will probably purchase a set of the raised center caps like on the new e63s I really like those.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,419 Likes on 1,948 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
“Diamond in da back, sunroof top, diggin da scene wid a gangsta lean......”
Old 08-10-2018, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Originally Posted by Streamliner
Lol...
Old 08-12-2018, 07:12 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Streamliner
Used to cover that song a long time ago

Car looks rad OP, keep it clean
Old 10-02-2019, 04:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
16V190, E55, Porsches several
Ksellers......compliments on the car!
I know this is an old thread......but hope you pick up and could you share how you talked a body shop into helping you black-out the window-surround molding?
Re-finishing a chrome piece is something most shops will not touch..............yours looks super!

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 S 550
Thank you for finding and bumping this thread. I think your car looks very clean! You're making me debate on blacking out the chrome trim.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by MrAK
Thank you for finding and bumping this thread. I think your car looks very clean! You're making me debate on blacking out the chrome trim.
No problem......and I'll add that....doing more searches, that apparently 'one way' of dealing w/the chrome window molding surround....is not paint, but rather rap....if you can find someone to do that.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:57 AM

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts
'00 SL600
Originally Posted by GreggT
No problem......and I'll add that....doing more searches, that apparently 'one way' of dealing w/the chrome window molding surround....is not paint, but rather rap....if you can find someone to do that.
Apparently the window moldings exist in black from OEM but I was not successful in finding them during a cursory parts search online. But yeah, a competent wrap shop should be able to handle no problem.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Sandy Eggo
Apparently the window moldings exist in black from OEM but I was not successful in finding them during a cursory parts search online.
Wow......I'll float that out to the stealership....see if they see anything in that big MB catalog in the sky. Thanks.