MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W222) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222-178/)
-   -   Radar sensor dirty (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222/718555-radar-sensor-dirty.html)

Dream Way 08-17-2018 05:18 PM

Radar sensor dirty

hi,
i have a 2015 s550 i have faced a problem that the radar cruise control would disconnect and show "radar sensor dirty" and when i too the car to the dealer they changed the bracket for the radar sensor.

plrom was solved for few months but came again,

the dealer cleaned the radar sensor and that solves the problem for few days but it comes again. so my question is has any one experience this and any suggestion.

Note. i drive a lot on high ways

Senatov 08-17-2018 10:54 PM

It seems like Mercedes fixed this on newer cars. I noticed it coming up pretty frequently, even on clear weather days when the sensor was pretty clean on 2010-2015 cars I have test drove/loaner’d etc. I almost didn’t order Distronic on my 2018 because I thought it would be annoying, but I did and so far I’ve never had that problem, even in bad weather, and I use it all the time. It only ever showed that error once after heavy snow.

MBS63AMG 08-20-2018 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dream Way (Post 7531536)
hi,
i have a 2015 s550 i have faced a problem that the radar cruise control would disconnect and show "radar sensor dirty" and when i too the car to the dealer they changed the bracket for the radar sensor.

plrom was solved for few months but came again,

the dealer cleaned the radar sensor and that solves the problem for few days but it comes again. so my question is has any one experience this and any suggestion.

Note. i drive a lot on high ways

Only when driving through extremely heavy rain and even then I think it just says "Radar Inoperative". Love my Distronic. Best invention for a car in 20 years and before it came along, I never even used regular cruise control. Without Disctronic, cruise control is worthless....totally worthless.

superangrypenguin 08-20-2018 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by MBS63AMG (Post 7533934)
Only when driving through extremely heavy rain and even then I think it just says "Radar Inoperative". Love my Distronic. Best invention for a car in 20 years and before it came along, I never even used regular cruise control. Without Disctronic, cruise control is worthless....totally worthless.

The last statement is pretty bold, especially in the US with your very long and straight roads. I use cruise control almost all the time here, and I don't have distronic (yet). The next S I get will have it, but I don't find moving the cruise control stalk is a lot of work, or switching to using my foot once every 10 minutes, and by the way, I'm a solid 30 mph over the speed limit most days...

Sal Collaziano 08-04-2019 03:11 PM

I've been having this happen a lot in heavy rain lately.

Katie22 08-07-2019 09:21 AM

The 16 Maybach does this in heavy rain often. The 18 GTC NEVER Does this but then the gtc does not have steering assist that might be the difference.