Notices
New S-Class (W222) 2014-Present

Radar sensor dirty

Old 08-17-2018, 05:18 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015 w222
Exclamation Radar sensor dirty

hi,
i have a 2015 s550 i have faced a problem that the radar cruise control would disconnect and show "radar sensor dirty" and when i too the car to the dealer they changed the bracket for the radar sensor.

plrom was solved for few months but came again,

the dealer cleaned the radar sensor and that solves the problem for few days but it comes again. so my question is has any one experience this and any suggestion.

Note. i drive a lot on high ways
Old 08-17-2018, 10:54 PM

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Too many to count
It seems like Mercedes fixed this on newer cars. I noticed it coming up pretty frequently, even on clear weather days when the sensor was pretty clean on 2010-2015 cars I have test drove/loaneríd etc. I almost didnít order Distronic on my 2018 because I thought it would be annoying, but I did and so far Iíve never had that problem, even in bad weather, and I use it all the time. It only ever showed that error once after heavy snow.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:37 PM

Liked 55 Times in 47 Posts
2017 S63 AMG, Honda Accord, Genesis G90
Originally Posted by Dream Way View Post
hi,
i have a 2015 s550 i have faced a problem that the radar cruise control would disconnect and show "radar sensor dirty" and when i too the car to the dealer they changed the bracket for the radar sensor.

plrom was solved for few months but came again,

the dealer cleaned the radar sensor and that solves the problem for few days but it comes again. so my question is has any one experience this and any suggestion.

Note. i drive a lot on high ways
Only when driving through extremely heavy rain and even then I think it just says "Radar Inoperative". Love my Distronic. Best invention for a car in 20 years and before it came along, I never even used regular cruise control. Without Disctronic, cruise control is worthless....totally worthless.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Liked 146 Times in 134 Posts
W204
Originally Posted by MBS63AMG View Post
Only when driving through extremely heavy rain and even then I think it just says "Radar Inoperative". Love my Distronic. Best invention for a car in 20 years and before it came along, I never even used regular cruise control. Without Disctronic, cruise control is worthless....totally worthless.
The last statement is pretty bold, especially in the US with your very long and straight roads. I use cruise control almost all the time here, and I don't have distronic (yet). The next S I get will have it, but I don't find moving the cruise control stalk is a lot of work, or switching to using my foot once every 10 minutes, and by the way, I'm a solid 30 mph over the speed limit most days...