S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Installed Eco off module Monday on my s600

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 10:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 Maybach s600
Installed Eco off module Monday on my s600

If you have been on the fence about buying this module just pull the trigger best money I've ever spent thank you midcity engendering
Old 09-28-2018, 09:17 PM

Received 308 Likes on 200 Posts
S600
Is this because it is so difficult to move your hand over 12 inches and press the little button?
Old 09-28-2018, 09:29 PM

2016 Maybach s600
Originally Posted by Mitch Alsup
Is this because it is so difficult to move your hand over 12 inches and press the little button?
I have no issue pressing the little button the issue I have is remembering to press said button then going to make a right turn and the ****ing car shutting off 170 dollars to not raise my blood pressure every other day
The following users liked this post:
Buddyk (09-28-2018)
Old 09-28-2018, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 240 Likes on 201 Posts
A car
Originally Posted by Bigdzx7
I have no issue pressing the little button the issue I have is remembering to press said button then going to make a right turn and the ****ing car shutting off 170 dollars to not raise my blood pressure every other day
I agree.
Old 09-29-2018, 12:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 S63 4-Matic
Originally Posted by Bigdzx7
Yeah - agreed.

I was below 5% on my gas tank - red - and I'm at a stop light, and hoping maybe that stupid thing will actually shut the motor off to actually truly save gasoline for once! But nope - I am running on fumes and for some reason it won't do it now! Funny stuff,

How much fuel is saved by this dumb feature?

Porsche has the same stupid feature and they take up a lot of space in literature and websites to make it known that your sportscar has the ability to "coast".

I leave my S550 in sports mode most of the time just to avoid the stupid shut off. So how smart is it so have this bogus feature?

The shutoff feature is every bit as bogus as "Diesel engines". Porsche just announced they are stopping production of diesel. Is it because the fuel economy has been based on lies for the last 15 years? I wonder

All that motor stopping stuff is there just to appease some political authorities and make it plausible that their vehicle can achieve 7L/100Km fuel economy......on paper.
Old 09-29-2018, 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 573 Likes on 429 Posts
W212 FL
Having a V12 engine and expecting a fuel economy is just like devouring a pizza size of a 17.4" display notebook and expecting not taking any calories at all
Anyway, good to see it's worked for the op
Old 09-29-2018, 09:22 AM

2016 Maybach s600
Originally Posted by Buddyk
Yeah - agreed.

I was below 5% on my gas tank - red - and I'm at a stop light, and hoping maybe that stupid thing will actually shut the motor off to actually truly save gasoline for once! But nope - I am running on fumes and for some reason it won't do it now! Funny stuff,

How much fuel is saved by this dumb feature?

Porsche has the same stupid feature and they take up a lot of space in literature and websites to make it known that your sportscar has the ability to "coast".

I leave my S550 in sports mode most of the time just to avoid the stupid shut off. So how smart is it so have this bogus feature?

The shutoff feature is every bit as bogus as "Diesel engines". Porsche just announced they are stopping production of diesel. Is it because the fuel economy has been based on lies for the last 15 years? I wonder

All that motor stopping stuff is there just to appease some political authorities and make it plausible that their vehicle can achieve 7L/100Km fuel economy......on paper.
I was driving around in sport mode to shut off the eco it was easier to remember but I really don't like how hard the tranny shifts but if you need to get moving it's a rocket in sport mode lol