For Streamliner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 292 Likes on 203 Posts
2022 EQS580
For Streamliner

My original thread ("The long wait is over") is getting so long that people may get lost in it. Therefore, I decided to ask Mr. Streamliner a couple of nagging questions concerning my 2019 S450. Please inform me again about the enhanced restart feature. When a car in front of me is stopped at a red light but then it starts to move, my car will not follow the great majority of the time even if the wait is less than 30 seconds. The only time it works is if the little car symbol on the left bottom of the driver instrument cluster flashes green. I imagine yours works perfectly like it's suppose to. My dealer is looking into it but I have not heard back from the foreman in the service department. So I'm asking you to see if you have any suggestions.

The other small issue I have is that the seat side bolsters do not give me a little hug when I'm turning the steering wheel. The S550 definitely did. Not sure if that's just the way the refreshed model is or what.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,444 Likes on 1,961 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Well, addressed to me, how can I resist?

My 2018 S560 now has about 8,000 miles on it, much of it clocked with Distronic Plus activated. With all that experience, it appears to me that the time the system will stay active after a complete stop, seems to be something that varies, possibly depending on the distance control setting and some algorithms that I am not aware of. Sometimes the system seems to stay engaged for well over a minute, while at other times, it seems to shut off after less than 30 seconds. It’s never been a big enough of a deal for me to ask the dealer about it. Just yesterday, I drove through rush hour traffic on several freeways, for most of the day and the system worked like a charm. Honestly, Distronic Plus takes at least 50% of the stress out of bumper to bumper driving for me, maybe more.

Regarding the seat bolsters, I believe you are referring to the Drive Dynamic Seats, if that’s what they are still called. Anyway, I don’t use the feature, but you can turn them on or off, through a menu in the Command system. Just push the silver button on the center console that looks like a seat and you should find it.

Hope this helps. Have fun!
Old 10-05-2018, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by Streamliner
Well, addressed to me, how can I resist?

My 2018 S560 now has about 8,000 miles on it, much of it clocked with Distronic Plus activated. With all that experience, it appears to me that the time the system will stay active after a complete stop, seems to be something that varies, possibly depending on the distance control setting and some algorithms that I am not aware of. Sometimes the system seems to stay engaged for well over a minute, while at other times, it seems to shut off after less than 30 seconds. It’s never been a big enough of a deal for me to ask the dealer about it. Just yesterday, I drove through rush hour traffic on several freeways, for most of the day and the system worked like a charm. Honestly, Distronic Plus takes at least 50% of the stress out of bumper to bumper driving for me, maybe more.

Regarding the seat bolsters, I believe you are referring to the Drive Dynamic Seats, if that’s what they are still called. Anyway, I don’t use the feature, but you can turn them on or off, through a menu in the Command system. Just push the silver button on the center console that looks like a seat and you should find it.

Hope this helps. Have fun!
Thanks for the feedback. As far as the dynamic seating is concerned, I have it set on the sensitive setting, but I don't feel anything from the side bolsters when turning. My enhanced starting feature might work about 5-10% of the stops. I feel like it's not working properly.
Old 10-06-2018, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 244 Likes on 196 Posts
2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Originally Posted by BeanTrader
Thanks for the feedback. As far as the dynamic seating is concerned, I have it set on the sensitive setting, but I don't feel anything from the side bolsters when turning. My enhanced starting feature might work about 5-10% of the stops. I feel like it's not working properly.
Make sure your bolsters are NOT filled up to max. You will notice it more if you leave them deflated or just inflated a bit. The more air you keep in them, the less you will notice the system doing its thing....
Old 10-06-2018, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by Nice Ride
Make sure your bolsters are NOT filled up to max. You will notice it more if you leave them deflated or just inflated a bit. The more air you keep in them, the less you will notice the system doing its thing....
Maybe I missed something on the settings but how do I deflate them?
Old 10-07-2018, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 654 Likes on 512 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Just go to a lower number like 1 or 0 with their setting, you might have them maxed out now or something.
The following users liked this post:
AppleFan1 (10-07-2018)
Old 10-07-2018, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
Just go to a lower number like 1 or 0 with their setting, you might have them maxed out now or something.
Yes, I set it at 2 which is the highest number thinking that would be the most sensitive. I’ll set it to 1 and try it in a while. I’m not sure there’s a zero setting.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
Well, what do you know? One issue solved. There are two different settings (one for dynamic seat and the other for side bolsters. The Dynamic is set at the highest sensitivity (2) and the side bolsters which were set on 10 is now at zero and bingo. I can now feel the hug when turning. I have the passenger seat now set the same way as well. Thank you so much for your help on this issue.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 654 Likes on 512 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
No problem I did that same thing on my car and thought there was something wrong like you.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Now back to my number 1 issue which has to do with the enhanced starting feature of the refreshed S-Class. So yesterday I drove on a rather busy street which was divided with 2 lanes on each side. It was strange that when I had to stop at a red light with a car in front of me, the restart feature worked every single time when the car in from started to move. This seems like it only works on certain roads. Is that the way it's suppose to work? If so, that's a bit disappointing to me.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by BeanTrader
Now back to my number 1 issue which has to do with the enhanced starting feature of the refreshed S-Class. So yesterday I drove on a rather busy street which was divided with 2 lanes on each side. It was strange that when I had to stop at a red light with a car in front of me, the restart feature worked every single time when the car in from started to move. This seems like it only works on certain roads. Is that the way it's suppose to work? If so, that's a bit disappointing to me.
I just posted the following on the long thread about my car:

I have come to the conclusion that the enhanced "go" feature only works on certain roads. I think the road needs to have two lanes on each side of the isle and the feature works all the time when stopped with a car in front. Last evening, when I was driving to the tennis courts where I play Monday evenings, it was working perfectly after stopping at red lights and the car in front started to move. You folks living in very populated areas like CA, etc., most of the roads meet the requirements in stop and go traffic and the feature always works. In these cases, the little car symbol flashes green as soon as you stop as it counts toward 30 seconds.