S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Radio station or track changes on hard brake or acceleration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 11:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 Mercedes S550/W222
Radio station or track changes on hard brake or acceleration

This is driving me crazy. The radio station or song/track will change during hard braking or acceleration. If I’m listening to preset #2 radio station and brake really hard, it will switch to preset #1. It actually doesn’t matter what type of media is playing (CD, radio, USB memory stick, SD Card, etc). Any type of media that is playing will change when i brake hard or accelerate rapidly. If i brake hard while listening to a song on CD/USB/SD, the song will start over. If i accelerate rapidly, the song will change, as if i skipped the track.

I am am going to lose my mind over this. Lol
Old 10-13-2018, 11:48 AM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
2015 S550V
I had a similar issue when making hard turns left, make sure if you have a phone charging cable it is not touching the round control knob, they seem to be very sensitive
Old 10-13-2018, 02:37 PM

2015 Mercedes S550/W222
I don’t have a cable near the touchpad.

Originally Posted by 604benz
I had a similar issue when making hard turns left, make sure if you have a phone charging cable it is not touching the round control knob, they seem to be very sensitive
i fully charge my phone every night, so i almost never use a charging cable in the car. That’s not the problem for me. There’s nothing physically touching the touchpad.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
Does the knob under the pad move when doing these maneuvers? Try holding it still when doing them and see if the problem goes away.
Old 10-13-2018, 04:04 PM

2015 Mercedes S550/W222
I’ve tried holding the knob under the touchpad

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
Does the knob under the pad move when doing these maneuvers? Try holding it still when doing them and see if the problem goes away.
It’s a great suggestion to hold the knob under the touchpad. I had the same thought last week and unfortunately I’ve already tried to hold the knob and the station or song/track still changes on hard braking and acceleration.

I also thought that the problem may be related to the gas and brake pedals, so i decided to use Distronic for the braking and acceleration. I set the Distronic target speed to 50 mph in stop and go traffic on the freeway. As the car in front of me pulled away after a stop, my car would accelerate hard to get to 50 mph and the station would change. As my car quickly neared the stopped car in front of me (stop and go traffic), Distronic would brake hard and the station would change. So, it always happens on hard braking and acceleration, even if Distronic causes the braking and acceleration. If i drive gently, it never happens. But why buy a car with a turbo V8 if you can’t drive hard sometimes.
Old 10-13-2018, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
Originally Posted by Dailey78

It’s a great suggestion to hold the knob under the touchpad. I had the same thought last week and unfortunately I’ve already tried to hold the knob and the station or song/track still changes on hard braking and acceleration.

I also thought that the problem may be related to the gas and brake pedals, so i decided to use Distronic for the braking and acceleration. I set the Distronic target speed to 50 mph in stop and go traffic on the freeway. As the car in front of me pulled away after a stop, my car would accelerate hard to get to 50 mph and the station would change. As my car quickly neared the stopped car in front of me (stop and go traffic), Distronic would brake hard and the station would change. So, it always happens on hard braking and acceleration, even if Distronic causes the braking and acceleration. If i drive gently, it never happens. But why buy a car with a turbo V8 if you can’t drive hard sometimes.
I'm sure a dealer can fix this, the actual values for the switch must be changing when this happens, whatever is changing and shouldn't be, is the defective part.