S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

2016 Suspension and Computer Gremlins

Old 01-09-2019, 12:05 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 S550 4 Matic Sport, 2015 BMW 528xi, 2012 BMW 528xi (gone), 2011 BMW Z4 (Yellow - gone)
2016 Suspension and Computer Gremlins

Hi all,
about 6 months ago in the rain, my dash suddenly showed a headlight error (maybe more, i don't remember), the suspension button "stuck" on sport mode, but the ride was anything but sport or comfort - i read elsewhere where somebody described a failing suspension as the bouncing of a low rider. the suspension button wouldn't react, stayed in sport, and the vehicle rise button wouldn't work.
went to dinner, came back, car back to perfect.
last week i picked up my car from the dealership for a flat - and there were 4 computer messages - i forgot which driver assistance features were in error, and i did snap a photo of the auto headlights being in failure. and again, the suspension is stuck on the sport light, but it is NOT sport mode - it is jiggly, almost bang your head on the ceiling mode.
i shut the car, closed the door, got back in, fired up, errors went away, but still suspension not right.
the car is at the dealership - has been since yesterday. i can't get any info about the computer issues, they said they ordered a suspension part that would also affect the headlights (i guess auto leveling?) - does this make sense to anyone? anyone experience this stuff before?
thanks for any comments or input or suggestions!