S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Issue regarding drive electronic seat memory fault code: B228766

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W222 S400L Hybrid
Issue regarding drive electronic seat memory fault code: B228766

Good day everyone, I am Shan from Malaysia. Currently driving 2014 W222 S400L Hybrid local assembled.

The issue that I am having now is about the drive seat lumbar support memory saving. Currently my lumbar support is in stage 3 inflation at the most lower support. I tried to set it back to all zero, and after I left my car and come back... few minutes of driving the setting will go back to the previous. This happened every time when I come back and drive my car, and I have to always manual reset the settings and while driving there won’t be any issue. Just when I exit the car and come back to drive later.

went to a private Mercedes service center to had her heck up with star diagnose. Came out fault code B228766 (below attachment of the fault code), Done a online initial start up but still no hope in solving this issue.

any of the owners of this model had the same issue? Please do give me some Techinician advice on what should I do... don’t wish to go back to the official service center due to ended warranty and they will charge me Crazily...

thank you you very much!

Old 01-18-2019, 10:05 PM

Received 188 Likes on 134 Posts
2016 S550 sport, 2018 GLC300, M3, Zo7, 2021 Sierra Denali
With any of these electrical gremlins it is always important to have a fully charged battery. A low battery can cause crazy havoc in these newer cars. One trick is sometimes disconnecting the battery for some time and then reconnecting can allow some systems to reboot. Also clear the codes. Its worth a shot prior to finding a technician to fix if needed. Good luck