MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W222) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222-178/)
-   -   Door can be opened from outside while locked (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222/733456-door-can-opened-outside-while-locked.html)

ysl1 01-20-2019 09:21 AM

Door can be opened from outside while locked

Hello,

I just picked up a 2015 CPO S550 and am having problems with the door locks. Despite the car being locked and the door pins in the lowered position, the doors can be opened from the outside which then sounds the alarm. This happens without the smart key being anywhere near the doors. When you grab the door handle the pin doesn’t raise to unlock as with Keyless Go, but the door still opens. Does anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks!

jschade 01-20-2019 09:31 AM

My thoughts are probably obvious. Since it’s CPO take it to dealer and get it fixed?

ygmn 01-20-2019 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by jschade (Post 7659034)
My thoughts are probably obvious. Since it’s CPO take it to dealer and get it fixed?

ANd complain since you just picked it up..

What else did they miss?
did they even due the proper CPO inspection?

MBS63AMG 01-20-2019 09:43 AM

Is it like that with all four doors????

ysl1 01-20-2019 10:05 AM

Thanks for the reply. The dealer is less than stellar, but I wanted one with the MBC, really just for the ABC, and they had one. No...they did not do a proper CPO inspection despite signing the certification. Mild curb rash on the wheels, a tiny dimple on the trunk lid, an inoperable ash tray (just for the 12v plug), a broken handle on the small compartment under the driver’s seat, and a missing comfort box were all “somehow” missed but have been or are n the process of being rectified.

You our can imagine while I’m hesitant to ask them how something should work I forgot about all the stuff that was wrong and now I’m mad! Thanks though.

obwielnls 01-20-2019 10:09 AM

You have another dealer you can take it to?

ysl1 01-20-2019 10:17 AM

I do and a favored one, but I thought I had to get all of this wrapped up with the selling dealer. If that’s not correct then I’m elated. Again thanks for the reply.

S63AMG888 01-20-2019 01:10 PM

All of the missing and obvious damages should be addressed to your purchased dealer and ask them to provide their CPO inspection report. Be sure to also check the tires ( look at the inner tires and not just the outer tires ) to be sure the tires are up the CPO standards.

The door issues can and will be address at any Mercedes dealer since it’s still under CPO warranty and ask the second dealer do a complete and through inspection of your car.

Good luck.

jumpman726 01-20-2019 02:32 PM

Yes, you can take your Mercedes to any dealer in the country for warranty work. In regard to the door opening when it shouldn't, it could be a software issue for the Keyless GO that needs to be updated, or it could be a problem with the sensor on the door handle. Have you tried opening the other doors when they are locked? Do all of them open? Or just the driver's door? Maybe the latch on the door needs to be adjusted.

Detailingdoc 01-22-2019 05:47 PM

Check out this thread. I had a similar issue with my rear passenger drivers side door. They replaced the locking mechanism.

https://mbworld.org/forums/new-s-class-w222/708917-car-unlocks-someone-else-even-though-i-m-quite-distance-car.html

ysl1 01-24-2019 09:30 PM

Thanks to all who replied as you provided much needed and appreciated comments or suggestions. The ability to open the door while locked I know happens with the driver’s side rear passenger door, and the front passenger door. I contacted Mercedes Corporate for assistance in working with that dealer, and they too were perplexed with the doors. They were also concerned about the number of items missed during the supposed CPO inspection. The dealer was upset that I engaged them, but I explained not replying to my emails sent days before, a work voicemail box that was full, and their general lack of concern provided me no comfort that my issues would be addressed. Regarding how these things were missed during the CPO inspection that took place on 12/20/18, their response was the car had just come in and with the holidays... I purchased the car about 25 days after the certification and my point was they should never have offered it for sale as a CPO until after everything had really been checked out. Oh well. Live and learn and once done, I’m done with them and will move on.

ysl1 02-12-2019 11:29 PM

To add closure to this post the dealer finally took care of my outstanding issues. I had to engage Mercedes Corporate, and although their influence is somewhat limited on the local dealership, they did follow up each time with the dealership and told me about it. Regarding the mysterious door lock (actually unlock) issue, I didn’t receive any paperwork but they mentioned something had to be replaced and now it appears to be fine. I’m glad this ordeal is over with. Thanks again to all of you who brought some sanity into this situation.

Nice Ride 02-12-2019 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by S63AMG888 (Post 7659181)
All of the missing and obvious damages should be addressed to your purchased dealer and ask them to provide their CPO inspection report. Be sure to also check the tires ( look at the inner tires and not just the outer tires ) to be sure the tires are up the CPO standards.

The door issues can and will be address at any Mercedes dealer since it’s still under CPO warranty and ask the second dealer do a complete and through inspection of your car.

Good luck.

And the inside Rims for minor dents, cracks or inside bubbles on tires. Also, check that the Fluids are of correct type. I have seen cars with Dexcool Red radiator fluid... Things that make you go Hmmmm.

seamus2154 02-13-2019 10:56 AM

Mercedes Benz as a corporation has to reconnect with the dealer network as to the standards expected for a CPO. The CPO warranty has become what every other dealer has----clean it up and buy the warranty from the manufacture. There is no oversight or checks on what is "actually" being done. They all seem to do just this 1. no paintwork/accident car 2. oil change 3. tires as needed 4. brake rotors/pads as needed 5. detail car 6. print carfax = tell you how great the CPO is and how the car was thoroughly gone through with a multi level checklist!! (which most can attest to does not happen). It's all smoke and mirrors at this point---and a misplaced sense of confidence from anyone new to the Mercedes brand. Many years ago buying a CPO car from Lexus or Mercedes was like buying a new car and you were shown and guaranteed what was done.

ysl1 02-17-2019 01:21 AM

Thanks for the information. I’m taking the car to a dealer I’ve used before, with the hope that they’ll be able to give the car a more thorough inspection. I also hoped to be able to say my issues have all been addressed, but in the process of replacing the door lock mechanism I realized today that they disabled all power to the right front passenger door...