MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W222) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222-178/)
-   -   Letter from Mbrace (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222/734079-letter-mbrace.html)

Prochambers 01-26-2019 01:37 PM

Letter from Mbrace

Today in the mail I received a letter from Mbrace stating: "Our records indicate you have not activated your mbrace account yet."

Is mbrace really worth having? Please let me know. Thanks.

1bad540 01-26-2019 03:30 PM

nope...lol

Prochambers 01-26-2019 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by 1bad540 (Post 7664840)
nope...lol

Thanks much!

Lanzz 01-26-2019 06:38 PM

It's pretty much a joke. The only reason I keep it is so that I don't have to look at "SOS Not Ready" in the top right corner of the COMAND screen. If you ever try calling it, you'll feel like you called a struggling high school student...

Katie22 01-26-2019 06:52 PM

Look our 16 Maybach had it activated when we got it. It had wireless internet hotspot........... the hotspot is 3G. I said forget this crap we dont pay for it...........

MTrauman 01-26-2019 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Lanzz (Post 7664981)
It's pretty much a joke. The only reason I keep it is so that I don't have to look at "SOS Not Ready" in the top right corner of the COMAND screen. If you ever try calling it, you'll feel like you called a struggling high school student...

It is not a joke if you find yourself being run off an interstate highway and hitting a tree at 60 mph and being suspended in the air when the “struggling high school student” talks to you while you are in shock and summons emergency help. This happened to me in my ‘14 S550 4matic which was totaled by the insurance company.

Streamliner 01-29-2019 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by MTrauman (Post 7665188)

It is not a joke if you find yourself being run off an interstate highway and hitting a tree at 60 mph and being suspended in the air when the “struggling high school student” talks to you while you are in shock and summons emergency help. This happened to me in my ‘14 S550 4matic which was totaled by the insurance company.

I know you posted about the crash in detail when it happened a few years back, but just for the sake of this discussion, could you please tell us what happened with MBRACE? How long after your car hit the tree did someone come on the line to help you? Was the response automatic, or did you have to press the button? It’s easy to disparage the system when you have never had a need for it, but I imagine that it can be very helpful in times of an emergency and I’d like to hear more details from you again. Thanks in advance.

MTrauman 01-29-2019 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Streamliner (Post 7667211)

I know you posted about the crash in detail when it happened a few years back, but just for the sake of this discussion, could you please tell us what happened with MBRACE? How long after your car hit the tree did someone come on the line to help you? Was the response automatic, or did you have to press the button? It’s easy to disparage the system when you have never had a need for it, but I imagine that it can be very helpful in times of an emergency and I’d like to hear more details from you again. Thanks in advance.

The MBrace system/person on my '14 S550 4matic was all automatic.

They where talking to me while I was in shock as I was moving the airbag away from my face with what looked like smoke but was the "dust" from the airbag. All I could think about is "I am alive?" and here I have the voice of God talking to me. So when someone rags on MBrace they have no clue since MBrace to me was the voice of God at that moment. Now with that said, the other features of MBrace such as the apps could use significant improvement. I have noticed huge improvements in my '19 S63 as MB has move away from Verizon Telematics to AT&T for the internet radio and the car wifi at 4G vs the very slow 3G that my '14 and '16 S class cars had with Verizon. And I have been negative myself on certain functions with MBrace in the past but not the Automatic safety features of MBrace Automatic Safety Features (now called for model '19 year MBs Mercedes Me Connected Services with Emergency Call Services which one automatically receives help from an emergency response agent if you’re involved in an accident, or one can place a call manually by pressing the SOS button in your vehicle).

I hope this helps to atleast separate out the safety features from the "needs improvement" areas of MBrace.

Streamliner 01-30-2019 11:41 AM

So, in short, it would appear that MBRACE is a great thing to have active if you get in an accident, especially a serious one. Other than that, it is not worth the money. Thanks MTrauman!

ChuckinTucson 02-01-2019 09:32 PM

I have mBrace on my SUV and use it quite a bit for driving directions, which is not possible when you're driving. The only "emergency" time I've used it was when a niece had a cap come off her tooth and expose a nerve causing a tremendous amount of pain. We were on vacation and didn't know anything about emergency dentists, so just pushed the mBrace button, told them the situation and they found the dentist, set up an immediate appointment and downloaded the directions to the car. Well worth it.

Streamliner 02-01-2019 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by ChuckinTucson (Post 7670576)
I have mBrace on my SUV and use it quite a bit for driving directions, which is not possible when you're driving. The only "emergency" time I've used it was when a niece had a cap come off her tooth and expose a nerve causing a tremendous amount of pain. We were on vacation and didn't know anything about emergency dentists, so just pushed the mBrace button, told them the situation and they found the dentist, set up an immediate appointment and downloaded the directions to the car. Well worth it.

WOW! It’s like insurance. You hate paying the premiums, but when you need it, it is worth its weight in gold!

e55phil 02-02-2019 06:34 AM

I recommend mbrase

I cannot keep all of the features straight in my head but I very much like driving directions, I like that you can plan your trip on your computer and send a message to your car with driving directions. I like the Mercedes can track your car if it’s stolen, I like that accident Mercedes will send help and talk to you if you’re able to talk, that they can help you find your car in the parking lot The way I figure if you use it in an accident just one time it’s worth it

I do not find the apps very useful and I would rather use the telephone for that sort of thing. I don’t think the wireless hotspot is needed.

That’s just my two cents

Lanzz 02-02-2019 08:15 PM

My experience to date with MBrace doesn't suggest that anyone competent would come on the line in the event I had a serious accident - happy that MTrauman has had a different experience (with MBrace, not happy about the accident...)

ajm0623 02-03-2019 07:33 AM

i had a blowout on a runflat 500 miles from home and contacted m-brace; i found them extremely competent and helpful. they stayed on the line with me and directed me to the nearest benzo dealer to get a replacement tyre. they even called the dealer for me as i headed there to arrange the provisioning of the tyre so i wouldnt have to wait once i arrived. someone above referred to the service as an ‘insurance’ policy and i think that is an apt comparison. now my woes were nothing compared to mtrauman’s accident, but m-brace was there for me, too, when i needed them - even going the extra mile ... so to speak. :p: