Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > New S-Class (W222)
Bluetooth audio streaming poor quality >

Bluetooth audio streaming poor quality

Notices
New S-Class (W222) 2014-Present

Bluetooth audio streaming poor quality

 
Old 01-29-2019, 02:55 PM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015 S550 4MATIC
Bluetooth audio streaming poor quality

2015 S550 4MATIC
Galaxy Note9
I purchased the car about 3 weeks ago and have been fairly disappointed with the sound quality when streaming music from my phone over bluetooth. It almost sounds like a tweeter is out, it's just missing the mid tone punch.

Usually on all my bluetooth headphones/speakers it's best to set the phone volume as high as possible, this has produced the best results as far as quality. However...on this car the opposite is true! While on a long drive I lowered the phone volume to about 60% and the sound system just woke up. Sound is now very balanced while maintaining that surround-sound feel.

If you're having similar issues I would suggest trying the above. I came from a 2013 A8 with a glorious sound system and was begginning to hate this car because it just wasn't up to par. Now I'm a happy camper =).

Last edited by sushistrip; 01-29-2019 at 02:59 PM.
sushistrip is offline  
Old 01-30-2019, 03:42 AM
  #2  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 780
Thanked 71 Times in 63 Posts
2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Originally Posted by sushistrip View Post
2015 S550 4MATIC
Galaxy Note9
I purchased the car about 3 weeks ago and have been fairly disappointed with the sound quality when streaming music from my phone over bluetooth. It almost sounds like a tweeter is out, it's just missing the mid tone punch.

Usually on all my bluetooth headphones/speakers it's best to set the phone volume as high as possible, this has produced the best results as far as quality. However...on this car the opposite is true! While on a long drive I lowered the phone volume to about 60% and the sound system just woke up. Sound is now very balanced while maintaining that surround-sound feel.

If you're having similar issues I would suggest trying the above. I came from a 2013 A8 with a glorious sound system and was begginning to hate this car because it just wasn't up to par. Now I'm a happy camper =).
Did you go into settings and modify Bass-Mid-Treb Did you confirm seating position of audio...
Nice Ride is offline  
Old 01-30-2019, 10:03 AM
  #3  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015 S550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Nice Ride View Post
Did you go into settings and modify Bass-Mid-Treb Did you confirm seating position of audio...
Yep. I tried messing with surround sound position, balance/fade, and the equalizer. Still sounded horrible.
sushistrip is offline  
Old 01-30-2019, 07:55 PM
  #4  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 780
Thanked 71 Times in 63 Posts
2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Originally Posted by sushistrip View Post
Yep. I tried messing with surround sound position, balance/fade, and the equalizer. Still sounded horrible.
Ahhh… Streaming music is more than likely the culprit. As a test, download a song say from iTunes. I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised by the sound quality from Bluetooth. Most non paid streaming services are low quality. Only the paid and upgraded services will give you the quality you are looking for.... I'm blown away with the factory 1500 watt system and Bluetooth. On my 14, i am able to do a dump of all the songs to the Hard Drive and well as dump some old CD's. I also have Videos on the SD card as well as music. Much easier to just dump hundreds of songs to SD or the hard drive on the older cars.
Nice Ride is offline  
Old 02-02-2019, 03:04 PM
  #5  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015 S550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Nice Ride View Post
Ahhh… Streaming music is more than likely the culprit. As a test, download a song say from iTunes. I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised by the sound quality from Bluetooth. Most non paid streaming services are low quality. Only the paid and upgraded services will give you the quality you are looking for.... I'm blown away with the factory 1500 watt system and Bluetooth. On my 14, i am able to do a dump of all the songs to the Hard Drive and well as dump some old CD's. I also have Videos on the SD card as well as music. Much easier to just dump hundreds of songs to SD or the hard drive on the older cars.
I'm using Pandora, and the quality in my previous A8 was fine. I get the same audio quality playing songs I have downloaded on my phone as I do over Pandora.
sushistrip is offline  
Old 02-02-2019, 03:42 PM
  #6  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Newcastle, WA
Posts: 593
Thanked 79 Times in 71 Posts
2015 S550 4Matic
These cars have a great system but it lacks proper bass response so folks turn the bass up and it messes with everything. I am probably going to add a sub to my system to round things out. A seperate sub allows you to use the rest of the system for mid bass, mids and highs, which works great.
superpop is offline  
Old 02-02-2019, 03:47 PM
  #7  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015 S550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by superpop View Post
These cars have a great system but it lacks proper bass response so folks turn the bass up and it messes with everything. I am probably going to add a sub to my system to round things out. A seperate sub allows you to use the rest of the system for mid bass, mids and highs, which works great.
I did notice a few posts on installing aftermarket subs. Shame that it's something you have to do on a car like this. Lowering the volume on my phone reduces the amount of bass, effectively, which is probably why the system sounds better, albeit not as good as it should.

Last edited by sushistrip; 02-02-2019 at 03:55 PM.
sushistrip is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth audio streaming poor quality


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: