S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

39 Days and counting with the service department.... What a joke.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 06:24 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 RAM 2500 Mega Cab 4x4 Laramie Diesel
Originally Posted by rustybear3
Then for the love of God, why did you go back to the dealership that gave you such crappy service on the struts? You can always buy your car at one dealership and have it serviced at another. No way would I trust the service department to continue to fix up this car; I would go to the other dealership. Especially after they f***cked it up the first time around.

It had been 8 years since dealing with them the first time... I was hoping they had got their act together being sold and under new management. Trust me... If it was the same ship of fools as then I for sure would have been going to the other dealership.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 128 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
Originally Posted by W222_Bob
It had been 8 years since dealing with them the first time... I was hoping they had got their act together being sold and under new management. Trust me... If it was the same ship of fools as then I for sure would have been going to the other dealership.
Well, that's a shame! A lot can happen business wise in 8 years I guess. Believe me, we all feel your pain; life is too short for these aggravations!
Old 02-26-2019, 02:16 PM

So, 15 days now since I dropped it off and there has been no update or call from my SA (whom I've called twice with no returned call). The car went back to the bodyshop the day I dropped it off and it was back at the dealership 2 days later. It's been parked in their back lot since and that's about it. They did move it once but other than that.... It's just sitting there. I stopped by one day... I walked directly to the storage lot, Car just sitting there filthy with a huge bird crap on the hood. I could see the body shop adjusted the door and bumper and that's it. Luckily with the MercedesMe app on my phone I can track the car and get texts when it's started. Not much reason as to why it's sitting there but screw it... It's a joke. I'm done with this car.... I'm going to move forward.

3 days in service right after I took delivery to fix stuff that I don't know how the CPO inspector person missed.
39 days in service from 12/27/18 to 2/4/19 to fix stuff that should have already been taken care of during CPO process.
15 days and counting 2/12/19 to current to still fix the same crap they missed or told me is normal.

57 days of being in service and I've only owned the car since June 7th 2018 and driven it less than 2300 miles.

Last edited by W222_Bob; 02-26-2019 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:45 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2011 GL 550, 2010 MB S550, 2004 BMW 645Cic 1988 Corvette
This is a very disappointing story, and it isn't right. You haven't mentioned the dealership, (at least I didn't see it in your post.) While I am fortunate to drive a Mercedes, neither one were purchased new, though both were purchased through various MB/Porsche dealerships. My first experience with Ray Catena in Edison was very disappointing. After I purchased my W211 I wanted to bring it in for service and have the Transmission serviced as I had heard the 5speeds needed to be serviced every 40,000 miles and from what I could tell mine had not been serviced as the service tab was still sealed an in place. I called to make an appointment the service advisor I spoke to wouldn't make the appointment and told me they don't service those Transmissions they have lifetime fluid blah blah. I knew this wasn't true. The SA said I could bring it in for an oil change but they wouldn't touch anything else. I had posted about this issue and another member put me in touch with the dealership in Bridgewater and it wasn't an issue for them to work on the car.

I had that car for 3 years, I sold it and bought the W221. I gave Ray Catena a chance again because they are much closer to my house. When I made an appointment I didn't go into details. I found when I arrived there talking to the SAin person and making him aware that I know my way around a car helped very much in getting needed service and repairs done. Plus, my SA is GREAT. It's possible the day I called the first time the SA I spoke to was having a bad day I don't know, bt the experience cost them my business for 3 years.

What your dealership is doing to you is 100% unacceptable. If the Service Manager or Sales Manager isn't going to help you out call MBUSA. You seem to have given them every chance in the world to get that car right. It probably never should have been a CPO car. On that basis alone you have a case for MBUSA taking it back and swapping it out. They take CPO VERY seriously. These cars bring us a lot of joy and can bring us a lot of heartaches. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
W222_Bob (03-02-2019)
Old 03-02-2019, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,418 Likes on 1,948 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by The Thomas J
This is a very disappointing story, and it isn't right. You haven't mentioned the dealership, (at least I didn't see it in your post.) While I am fortunate to drive a Mercedes, neither one were purchased new, though both were purchased through various MB/Porsche dealerships. My first experience with Ray Catena in Edison was very disappointing. After I purchased my W211 I wanted to bring it in for service and have the Transmission serviced as I had heard the 5speeds needed to be serviced every 40,000 miles and from what I could tell mine had not been serviced as the service tab was still sealed an in place. I called to make an appointment the service advisor I spoke to wouldn't make the appointment and told me they don't service those Transmissions they have lifetime fluid blah blah. I knew this wasn't true. The SA said I could bring it in for an oil change but they wouldn't touch anything else. I had posted about this issue and another member put me in touch with the dealership in Bridgewater and it wasn't an issue for them to work on the car.

I had that car for 3 years, I sold it and bought the W221. I gave Ray Catena a chance again because they are much closer to my house. When I made an appointment I didn't go into details. I found when I arrived there talking to the SAin person and making him aware that I know my way around a car helped very much in getting needed service and repairs done. Plus, my SA is GREAT. It's possible the day I called the first time the SA I spoke to was having a bad day I don't know, bt the experience cost them my business for 3 years.

What your dealership is doing to you is 100% unacceptable. If the Service Manager or Sales Manager isn't going to help you out call MBUSA. You seem to have given them every chance in the world to get that car right. It probably never should have been a CPO car. On that basis alone you have a case for MBUSA taking it back and swapping it out. They take CPO VERY seriously. These cars bring us a lot of joy and can bring us a lot of heartaches. Good luck.
Some of the biggest dealerships are the worst. Out here, on the Left coast, we have Fletcher Jones Motor Cars MB. I believe it is the number 1 or 2 MB store in the country. If anyone goes there for ANYTHING, I’d suggest counting your fingers & toes before you leave, as they probably stole some. If you used the restroom, check to see.........well, just make sure you still have everything you entered with. Find a good, reasonably honest dealer, establish a relationship, build on it over the years and call in your markers when you need to. It’s easy to spot the outlaws, if you take the time to look.
W222_Bob (03-02-2019)
Old 03-02-2019, 10:59 PM

Received 188 Likes on 134 Posts
2016 S550 sport, 2018 GLC300, M3, Zo7, 2021 Sierra Denali

Wow, I hadn't heard the dealer name Ray Catena in 20 years since moving out of Tottenville, Staten Island for Florida! Not a good rep back then. But that was the place everyone went!
Old 03-03-2019, 01:04 PM

Thanks Thomas... Unfortunately even though my local dealership changed ownership they still have 80% of the same workforce. I gambled and lost... I'm over my car. The ML63 I purchased from them under a different owner back in 2010 should not have been called CPO and now with my 2015 S550... purchased at the same dealership that has been under a different owner for 5 or 6 years now still should not have even been called CPO. The person who leased my car for the first 24000 miles of it's life took the worst care for it. I'm talking $5 drive-thru carwashes at the gas station, parking next to sprinklers and general carelessness and I'd even bet they put 87 pump gas in it. I guess if you don't own it, you don't take pride in it. It's like being a homeowner or being in a roommate situation.

Sadly and still.... The car went back on 2/12 for the body shop re-do and to try again at the stuff they can't replicate or say is normal and it's still there. Reached out to MBUSA, Doubt that will go far as the MBUSA woman rep who called me 3 hours late couldn't be bothered much and told me she has another call to take after only hearing me out for 8 minutes! They will give me a decision 4 to 6 weeks from now.. And now of course the dealership can't do anything since MBUSA is involved. I stopped by the dealership last week, Spoke to the service department manager, told him this is BS. He himself now has called twice with updates, He said it's going back a 3rd time to the "top rated" bodyshop to get the gaps correct around the taillight and bumper edges and they are still trying to get it to reproduce the self heating touchpad issue that my SA confirmed last time. Regardless of the damn trackpad... The car has a rough idle that I've been told is normal and that all M278 engines are different.... Pffttt, Are you kidding me. When I was looking at the CPO certification checklist and report the other day that I received when I purchased the car.....I started to go down the list and see what they marked as "passed" when it reality... it was a 100% fail. I counted 16 items that were not passable. I've read the dealership training manual for the CPO process and any layman could figure it out. These guys just want to pump em out calling it CPO to then upsell the buyer on an ELW or protection plan. One thing that caught my eye on my CPO inspection and certification report was the "passing" of the "MBCPO Inspection label affixed to the B pillar". When I read that I remembered the CPO sticker on my ML63... Inside lower driver side door jamb... I had seen it every time I opened the door or washed it. I then could not recall seeing it on the this S550 as I have washed it a dozen times already... When I went to the dealership last week on 2/28... I walked into the back lot to see it just sitting there, I opened the door and looked.... NO CPO STICKER. So much for "Passed". The one thing that I do like is the "Locate vehicle" and the "Valet Alert" on the MercedesMe app... It works great and it's perfect for monitoring this ordeal. Like I said, I'm done with this car.... All the joy and happiness I briefly had has been washed out by this never-ending BS saga.

2/20/19 Car sitting in the back lot...

2/28/19 Car still parked in the back lot... Only moved, no work done.

2/28/19 Where in hell is my CPO sticker that "Passed"????

Last edited by W222_Bob; 03-12-2019 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-03-2019, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 473 Likes on 327 Posts
2019 S560, 2022 Audi S8
This is why I never buy used cars.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 940 Likes on 686 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Thanks Thomas... Unfortunately even though my local dealership changed ownership they still have 80% of the same workforce. I gambled and lost... I'm over my car and I am going to fight them tooth and nail. The ML63 I purchased from them under a different owner back in 2010 should not have been called CPO and now with my 2015 S550... purchased at the same dealership that has been under a different owner for 5 or 6 years now still should not have even been called CPO. The person who leased my car for the first 24000 miles of it's life took the worst care for it. I'm talking $5 drive-thru carwashes at the gas station, parking next to sprinklers and general carelessness and I'd even bet they put 87 pump gas in it. I guess if you don't own it, you don't take pride in it. It's like being a homeowner or being in a roommate situation.

Sadly and still.... The car went back on 2/12 for the body shop re-do and to try again at the stuff they can't replicate or say is normal and it's still there. Reached out to MBUSA, Doubt that will go far as the MBUSA woman rep who called me 3 hours late couldn't be bothered much and told me she has another call to take after only hearing me out for 8 minutes! They will give me a decision 4 to 6 weeks from now.. And now of course the dealership can't do anything since MBUSA is involved. I stopped by the dealership last week, Spoke to the service department manager, told him this is BS. He himself now has called twice with updates, He said it's going back a 3rd time to the "top rated" bodyshop to get the gaps correct around the taillight and bumper edges and they are still trying to get it to reproduce the self heating touchpad issue that my SA confirmed last time. Regardless of the damn trackpad... The car has a rough idle that I've been told is normal and that all M278 engines are different.... Pffttt, Are you kidding me. When I was looking at the CPO certification checklist and report the other day that I received when I purchased the car.....I started to go down the list and see what they marked as "passed" when it reality... it was a 100% fail. I counted 16 items that were not passable. I've read the dealership training manual for the CPO process and any layman could figure it out. These guys just want to pump em out calling it CPO to then upsell the buyer on an ELW or protection plan. One thing that caught my eye on my CPO inspection and certification report was the "passing" of the "MBCPO Inspection label affixed to the B pillar". When I read that I remembered the CPO sticker on my ML63... Inside lower driver side door jamb... I had seen it every time I opened the door or washed it. I then could not recall seeing it on the this S550 as I have washed it a dozen times already... When I went to the dealership last week on 2/28... I walked into the back lot to see it just sitting there, I opened the door and looked.... NO CPO STICKER. So much for "Passed". The one thing that I do like is the "Locate vehicle" and the "Valet Alert" on the MercedesMe app... It works great and it's perfect for monitoring this ordeal. Like I said, I'm done with this car.... All the joy and happiness I briefly had has been washed out by this never-ending BS saga.

2/20/19 Car sitting in the back lot...

2/28/19 Car still parked in the back lot... Only moved, no work done.

2/28/19 Where in hell is my CPO sticker that "Passed"????
FWIW it's a very pretty car! Love the color combo.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 230 Likes on 187 Posts
MY17 S63AMG - MBUSA Buyback. MY16 SL63 - Sold MY19 W213 E63s. 2020 W213 E63s Wagon
Contact Christian, VP of MBusa customer service. He can get the ball rolling on the buyback:

christian.treiber@mbusa.com

https://www.linkedin.com/in/christian-treiber-252b3280

Hopefully you can get it resolved to your satisfaction very soon.

Good luck.

So on December 27th I dropped off my new to me CPO 2015 S550 at the service department. 26k miles on the ODO (2k are from me). I had a short list of items and concerns. It all started after I purchased the car on 6/7/18.....After driving it for a few days I noticed a vibration as well as a rear door sunshade that didn't roll all the way up so I called my service advisor and dropped it off on 6/11 and got it back on 6/13. They replaced the rear sunshade assembly and road force balanced the tires (the new tires they put on when it was CPO'd). I called my service advisor the day after I picked it up and mentioned that the vibration was still present. He said bring it back in and we'll take a look. I also called my salesman and gave him an earful on the paint condition and how poor it is after I washed off all the instant detailer they put on prior to my purchase. I mentioned that the paint condition is below grade for a CPO car... He offered to have it clay barred and detailed... Which I passed on as it needs more than that. Due to my work schedule, bringing the car back to the service department was on hold. In the mean time I did drive the car... a whopping 2000 miles in the almost 6 months of ownership. I eventually had a short list of concerns for it to be worth while to schedule an appointment. My issues were:

Vibration that was still present.
Stumbling idle when in gear while stopped at a light.
Hard upshift / downshift when driving in stop and go traffic.
Inoperable internet radio, No cellular signal bars shown.
Inoperable right rear inside door handle (They didn't hook it back up after they replaced the sunshade).
Forward looking camera in the grill would open and close repeatedly and then give an error 50% of the time.
Rear camera view displays objects further than they are.
Adaptive headlight error message.
Pre-Safe error messages.
Command touchpad randomly gets very hot on its own.

So fast forward to December 27th 2018, I pull up to the service department at 9am for a drop off and quick chat with my SA regarding the issues. While I am sitting there I hear a woman say "ooh ooooh ooooh, Wow that was close"... I look outside and see that one of the dealerships car shufflers has gotten close to my car while backing out another car, I go outside to take a look and I wish it was a close call but it wasn't... The idiot backed up and hit the right rear corner of my bumper, the paint was smeared off down to the base plastic and there were gouges as well... About 8 inches long and 2 inches wide of damage!! So now my simple service entails a trip to the bodyshop. I expressed my concerns about the damage and that now the entire bumper needs to be repainted as it's a metallic color. They say no problem since it's their fault. Fast forward to Feb 1st.... I get a call from my SA saying the car is ready (10 days at the bodyshop alone). I come down Saturday the 2nd with my daughter to pick up the car.... I open the trunk to get her booster seat out and it's full of panels!! The interior trunk trim panels were off and laying there, There were modules dangling wiring harnesses. My SA was not there but I grabbed my salesman and said "look at this ****". He was bummed. I then backed the car up so it was not under the shade of the awning... I wanted to see the paint repair in the sun. Not happy.... Now I have a bumper that does not match the rest of the cars already battered paint job. Now today.... Monday the 4th, No call from my SA. I'm headed down to the dealership to speak with management today. I'm also very pissed off that they have replaced the 4 brand new tires they put on in June with Goodyear F1 run-flats... If only one was bad why not just replace the one!!!! When my SA called to say it was ready he went over what was done.

The vibration was from a bad tire but upon that discovery they noticed they had put the "wrong" tires on the car during the CPO process so they corrected it by putting on the MBOE specified run-flat tires instead of non run-flat tires. He spoke of it as if I just was stoked 4 brand new tires... I voiced my dislike of runcraps and that I was not happy at all.

They replaced the entire command head unit.

They replaced the forward view camera.

They hooked back up the cable to the door handle they skipped the first time.

Software update for the shifting issue.

Software update for the stumbling rough idle issue.

Recalibrated the rear camera.

Could not recreate headlight message.

Could not recreate Pre-Safe messages.

Could not recreate trackpad heat issue.

I've yet to see the paperwork but I'll post it up here later. So 39 days without my car, I bought this car mainly because I need a comfortable seat... I have a spinal cord injury that makes sitting unbearable unless I'm sitting in a seat that is just right in firmness / softness and adjustability. I could have handicap plates if I want but have not taken my doctor up on the recommendation. The dealer offered a loaner car... I could have borrowed a GLE or a C-class which I passed on, If I wanted an economy car.... I would have bought one in the first place and of course..... They don't have any S-class loaners available. The family and I had been looking forward to our yearly "after the holidays" trip to Carmel... A nice 3 hour coastal drive down Hwy 1 in the S550.... I was especially due to the comfort of my new ride, Well that didn't happen... Had to drive my gigantic Dodge Ram 2500 MegaCab diesel truck instead... Which has become uncomfortable to drive since my injury unless I sit on a $400 cushion meant for wheelchair bound people. Now with the runcraps I'm sure the car is going to ride stiffer.... We'll see. Having to make a car payment for a car that's not in your possession sucks, Having them put on run-flats sucks even more, I was going to order a set of Vossen 20" M-X3 wheels in textured bronze.. Keeping the stock MB width and offset and then simply taking my old tires off and putting them on the new wheels.... Now I have to spend another $1800+ on tires if I do order the Vossen's as there is no way in hell I'm putting run-flats on them.

I'm headed to the dealership now.... I will post an update.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:51 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2011 GL 550, 2010 MB S550, 2004 BMW 645Cic 1988 Corvette
Originally Posted by seamus2154
Wow, I hadn't heard the dealer name Ray Catena in 20 years since moving out of Tottenville, Staten Island for Florida! Not a good rep back then. But that was the place everyone went!
They are still going strong,
Old 03-08-2019, 05:04 PM

So... I got the car back on Wednesday the 6th.. 22 days this time with the service department. So lets see here.... In service from 12/27/2018 until 2/4/2019 and then again from 2/12/2019 until 3/6/2019........ 64 days, Not including the 2 days they had it the day after I bought it. I've paid 2 car payments for a car I didn't have. I didn't finance through MBUSA so I can't go that route. My credit union has no sympathy. They pretty much did nothing this most recent visit... It sat for days in the back lot. It went back to the bodyshop for 2 days and then back to the dealership for 23 more days. What really pisses me off is I've gotten my car back with more issues than it had when it went in. The whole rear bumper fiasco has left me with varying large gaps between the bumper, body and tail light assemblies.... Which they were supposed to take care of this time... Which they didn't... I called afterwards and was told "well we looked at other similar models and they all have varying gaps", Well... It was not like that before your guy hit the bumper and I should receive the car back as it was when I first brought it in. They say how they tried to replicate this and do that when in reality.... They didn't do **** this time and I get the car back with a "16 days overdue service A0" message. You know, they've already screwed up pretty good with my whole situation.... You think at least they would have done the A0 service as a freebie and sorry we f'd up your car more than it was. Christ, I went to fill the tank the other day and now the fuel door seems out of alignment and it sticks when you try to open it. We'll see what MBUSA says, I'll fire off an email to the VP of customer service and hope it doesn't fall on deal ears. I really like how they performed a free tire pressure check with my "service"..... it said my pressures were 33 / 33 / 33 / 33 all the way around when they were actually 37 / 37 / 37 / 38... Once I set them all at 33 those runcraps they put on felt a little more forgiving but still lousy.

Last edited by W222_Bob; 03-13-2019 at 02:53 PM.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Have you contacted MBUSA? If so, what have they said?
Old 03-08-2019, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Streamliner
Have you contacted MBUSA? If so, what have they said?
Yes, and the woman was rather rude and cut our call short after 20 minutes with the "I have another call to take" BS line. I really didn't even get to explain the situation to her... She just said the scripted lines of "it will take 4 to 6 weeks to get an answer, No one else will be contacting you regarding the situation and that if I had to complain more I could visit the better business bureau website. I'm not kidding.... the customer service person gave me no confidence in MBUSA. She was supposed to call me at 9:30am but did not call til 12:30pm..... Then I got shut down after 20 minutes.

Put me in another W222 please.

My whole issue is that this car was not given the proper "CPO" inspection and should not have been passed (or at least till it was properly sorted). I don't even have a CPO sticker on the A pilar but it's there according to the CPO report I have. I counted 16 items on the CPO "Passed" inspection that were in fact "Fail". Supposedly MBUSA takes it's CPO process seriously but this dealership has twice now failed in the CPO department even though its under new ownership. I want MBUSA to buy back this car since it should not have been CPO'd before having it's issues corrected... Why leave the consumer with repeated visits to the service department. Why leave me with 2 months of no car that I'm paying for. I was planning on driving this car till 2022 and then trading it in on a lease return 2019 S560. I've been thinking about selling my truck and having a built to suit Sprinter 3500 van.... We'll see how this is handled but so far I am not getting any glimmer of hope.... No olive branch has been extended.

Last edited by W222_Bob; 03-13-2019 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

On something this crazy, you need to write a clear, relatively short, well thought out letter to MBUSA. I would put a time line in there, but try to keep it to bullet points. Tell them how
unhappy you are with the car, that you have lost all faith in this particular car and the dealer and that you would really appreciate their help in trading it for another, maybe even a new
one. If you do not receive a satisfactory response to the letter, I would then hire an attorney and file a law suit. MB touts their CPO program as being pretty much all encompassing,
and I certainly believe that you have grounds to sue. I believe that they know this as well and that they will help make this car go away for you. Good luck.
The following 2 users liked this post by Streamliner:
mikey94025 (03-16-2019), Nice Ride (03-09-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 06:59 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
Sounds like an absolute nightmare! Sorry you have to deal with this! Good luck!
Old 03-08-2019, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Streamliner
On something this crazy, you need to write a clear, relatively short, well thought out letter to MBUSA. I would put a time line in there, but try to keep it to bullet points. Tell them how
unhappy you are with the car, that you have lost all faith in this particular car and the dealer and that you would really appreciate their help in trading it for another, maybe even a new
one. If you do not receive a satisfactory response to the letter, I would then hire an attorney and file a law suit. MB touts their CPO program as being pretty much all encompassing,
and I certainly believe that you have grounds to sue. I believe that they know this as well and that they will help make this car go away for you. Good luck.
I'm planning on emailing Christian Treiber, VP of MBusa customer service.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 201 Posts
2022 EQS580
This is THE most discouraging experience of car buying I have ever heard. Just incredible. Bob, I wish you all the best going forward. MB should give you a brand new 2019 S Class for everything you are going through.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:16 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
^Or wait for 2020!
Old 03-13-2019, 03:34 PM

The car is going in for it's service A0 on 3/19 at the other dealership. They are also going to look into the rough / stumbling idle..... And I still have a slight vibration that you can feel in the steering wheel between 60 and 80mph. The fuel door sticks now and is out of alignment which manifested on it's own since it's last 22 day service visit... I've fueled up this car about 6 times since owning it and the fuel door never had a problem, it always opened smoothly but now it's sticks for some unknown reason. I also noticed that now the LED's that illuminate the door handles are out on the drivers side rear door and passenger side front door.... WTF., They were all working last month.

I was going to take the car to the auto spa and spend about $1000 on a serious paint correction / restoration job but that's on hold until I hear back from MBUSA.

It had 24,186 miles on it when I bought it on 6/7/18.... 27,312 miles on the odometer now, a miserable 3,126 miles. If everything was as expected and issue free I'd for sure have 33k+ on it by now. So much for my new daily driver. I'm just pissed that I am not enjoying a car that I REALLY want to be enjoying.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:09 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 106 Posts
The car is going in for it's service A0 on 3/19 at the other dealership. They are also going to look into the rough / stumbling idle..... And I still have a slight vibration that you can feel in the steering wheel between 60 and 80mph. The fuel door sticks now and is out of alignment which manifested on it's own since it's last 22 day service visit... I've fueled up this car about 6 times since owning it and the fuel door never had a problem, it always opened smoothly but now it's sticks for some unknown reason. I also noticed that now the LED's that illuminate the door handles are out on the drivers side rear door and passenger side front door.... WTF., They were all working last month.

I was going to take the car to the auto spa and spend about $1000 on a serious paint correction / restoration job but that's on hold until I hear back from MBUSA.

It had 24,186 miles on it when I bought it on 6/7/18.... 27,312 miles on the odometer now, a miserable 3,126 miles. If everything was as expected and issue free I'd for sure have 33k+ on it by now. So much for my new daily driver. I'm just pissed that I am not enjoying a car that I REALLY want to be enjoying.
fwiw, the fuel doors were misaligned on many S class sedan and coupes, they were not adhered to the mechanism properly
Old 03-14-2019, 12:12 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by RJC
fwiw, the fuel doors were misaligned on many S class sedan and coupes, they were not adhered to the mechanism properly
Wonder if they are put on by machines or humans?
Old 03-15-2019, 04:36 PM

My service reminder now says "Service A4 overdue by 25 days".... It said it was A0 the other day and now it says A4, What's the difference between the two other than an oil change of fluids check? Dropping it off next Tuesday with the other dealership. I still can't get over how my door panel trim is now misaligned with the flowing lines coming off the dash trim, After they did the door hinge it's all funky and when I asked them to address it during it's recent 22 day stay I was told "We looked at comparable models and nothing is out of the ordinary"... Wow, Here's a picture of door panel / dash issue.....

Now here's a picture from the 2014+ W222 brochure.....

That's how mine was before the hinge was replaced. It's a bummer when you get something back different than how it was beforehand and then told it's normal. I didn't just fall off the turnip truck.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:07 PM

Just got a call from MBUSA...... They are buying back car!!!! Holy smokes, I wasn't expecting that. They said a company called SteriCycle will be contacting me and that they will take care of everything. Hopefully I'll get every dime back. I did spend $600 on getting the windows tinted and just spent $245 on Service A. Looks like I'm on the hunt for another S550.
Nice Ride (03-22-2019)
Old 03-21-2019, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just got a call from MBUSA...... They are buying back car!!!! Holy smokes, I wasn't expecting that. They said a company called SteriCycle will be contacting me and that they will take care of everything. Hopefully I'll get every dime back. I did spend $600 on getting the windows tinted and just spent $245 on Service A. Looks like I'm on the hunt for another S550.
Congratulations! Once this is settled, if I were you, I would approach the selling dealer and MBUSA and ask them, based on your horrific experience, time, trouble, anguish, etc., what sort of a swinging deal they might give you on a new S560. Tell them that you would like to remain an MB customer, but are thinking seriously of moving to BMW--they HATE that! The S560, IMO, is so much better than the 550 and it's worth a try, right? Good luck!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 39 Days and counting with the service department.... What a joke.