Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > New S-Class (W222)
Lane keeping assist inoperative >

Lane keeping assist inoperative

Notices
New S-Class (W222) 2014-Present

Lane keeping assist inoperative

 
Old 02-09-2019, 01:48 AM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
s class 2015
Lane keeping assist inoperative

Hi folks
I jast bought S CLASS 2015 just the next day I got three sings in the dashboard
  1. Lane keeping assist inoperative
  2. Blind spot assist inoperative
  3. Pre safe functions limited
The cruise is not working as well all together stopped working
I drove it in heavy rain from where I bought it to my state
I took it to the dealership and the said (Distronic sensor/ Control Module) should be replaced and it will cost $2500
any idea how to repair it or fix it with lower cost? What if I buy used one from ebey?
the part number: 000900220380

Hereís the diagnose from the dealership

thank you in advance for your help
Abe1985 is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 05:29 AM
  #2  
Super Member
 
rustybear3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greater Cleveland area
Posts: 910
Thanked 79 Times in 71 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet
You could buy a used on off of ebay. They are relatively cheap because they are used; may be worth the shot. About your only option short of getting a new one. One of the hazards of buying a MB without a CPO warranty. Too many expensive things to go down.
rustybear3 is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 08:12 AM
  #3  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lawrence, KS
Posts: 114
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2018 Mercedes S560
I had the same issue. It occurred when someone backed into me in the parking lot; I was in the car when it happened so I knew the cause. There was no external damage, not even a scrape, but the flexible bumper cover deflected enough to knock the sensors out of whack. I told the dealer what happened, and after removing the bumper cover they saw the damage. They got it working again after properly aligning the sensors and running the calibration. Could it have been in a frontal, minor accident?
SteveVukelich is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 09:17 AM
  #4  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 37
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
2017 550SL - 2018 560S
Lane Keep issue

I occasionally have a similar problem with my 2017 SL. Just give it a day and then try driving it again. Seems like the sensors can be affected by water or dirt getting on them - just 2 days ago, after leaving the car wash, I got a message my Park Assist was inoperative I stopped at Lowes, did some shopping, returned to the SL and Park Assist was now working just fine. Have owned the SL since November and have received "inoperative" messages 3 times - always seems to be related to a recent rain or car wash. Fortunately, I have close to 4 years on my CPO; if the problem gets worse, I'll take it to the dealer; but for now, it just seems like a quirky intermittent issue I can definitely live with.

Last edited by fun33; 02-10-2019 at 08:48 AM.
fun33 is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 10:06 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Kushp14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 455
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
A few german broads
Who is your aftermarket warranty that denied coverage?
Kushp14 is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:33 AM
  #6  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
s class 2015
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
You could buy a used on off of ebay. They are relatively cheap because they are used; may be worth the shot. About your only option short of getting a new one. One of the hazards of buying a MB without a CPO warranty. Too many expensive things to go down.
Can I do so and just take it to the dealership to calibrate it? Will they do it with used part installed?
Abe1985 is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:37 AM
  #7  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
s class 2015
Originally Posted by SteveVukelich View Post
I had the same issue. It occurred when someone backed into me in the parking lot; I was in the car when it happened so I knew the cause. There was no external damage, not even a scrape, but the flexible bumper cover deflected enough to knock the sensors out of whack. I told the dealer what happened, and after removing the bumper cover they saw the damage. They got it working again after properly aligning the sensors and running the calibration. Could it have been in a frontal, minor accident?
thatís not the case with me because I drove it all the way for 17 hours from state to another with no stop and just last two hours before I arrived it came up while I was driving
Abe1985 is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:38 AM
  #8  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
s class 2015
Originally Posted by fun33 View Post
I occasionally have a similar problem with my 2017 SL. Just give it a day and then try driving it again. Seems like the sensors can be affected by water or dirt getting on them - just 2 days ago, after leaving the car wash, I got a message my Part Assist was inoperative I stopped at Lowes, did some shopping, returned to the Sl and Park Assist was now working just fine. Have owned the SL since November and have received "inoperative" messages 3 times - always seems to be related to a recent rain or car wash. Fortunately, I have close to 4 years on my CPO; if the problem gets worse, I'll take it to the dealer; but for now, it just seems like a quirky intermittent issue I can definitely live with.
itís been now 3 weeks and itís still there
Abe1985 is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:44 AM
  #9  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
s class 2015
Originally Posted by Kushp14 View Post
Who is your aftermarket warranty that denied coverage?
itís with AutoNation they gave me 4000 miles or 90 days. Now I just spent 1700 miles and 3 weeks
but I donít know how the decline an issue like this itís crazy and is some thing very important and means to someone who buy this kinds of car
Abe1985 is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 12:08 PM
  #10  
Super Member
 
rustybear3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greater Cleveland area
Posts: 910
Thanked 79 Times in 71 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Abe1985 View Post

Can I do so and just take it to the dealership to calibrate it? Will they do it with used part installed?
You can always call and ask; I cannot see why not. Money is money. Of course do that before buying the part.

As long as ebay seller is highly rated and guarantees returns ifd it doesn't work, might well be worth it. A lot cheaper than a new one.
rustybear3 is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lane keeping assist inoperative


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: