MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W222) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222-178/)
-   -   Favorites * on the touchpad is worthless (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222/737891-favorites-touchpad-worthless.html)

MBS63AMG 03-06-2019 09:30 PM

Favorites * on the touchpad is worthless

So far I can find almost nothing that can be stored as a "favorite" on the keypad. I've stored seat massage but I can't store pretty much anything else. I wanted to store the "sync" feature for the climate control since there is no separate button on the dash to do that. I truly wish they had left that pad as a flip out phone touchpad to dial numbers as the only thing I see it as is a duplication for what the rotary knob does just in front of it. I'd rather quickly dial a phone number instead. Plus it just gets hot as hell as for what it does now.

Nice Ride 03-06-2019 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by MBS63AMG (Post 7699214)
So far I can find almost nothing that can be stored as a "favorite" on the keypad. I've stored seat massage but I can't store pretty much anything else. I wanted to store the "sync" feature for the climate control since there is no separate button on the dash to do that. I truly wish they had left that pad as a flip out phone touchpad to dial numbers as the only thing I see it as is a duplication for what the rotary knob does just in front of it. I'd rather quickly dial a phone number instead. Plus it just gets hot as hell as for what it does now.

I have the old pad, I use it often for Navigation, Seat Massage, etc. Have you been able to store SYNC in the past? I hate that they do not have the button. By default, they should have the car Sync every time its re-started. Often, the rear is way off when I have passengers.... I end up with a Hot Front and a Cold Front with Snow in the middle... LOL

S550e 03-09-2019 03:03 PM

I use the favorites button to toggle A/C on and off. Closest thing you can do aside from a physical button. Way faster than going through the confusing air menu

mikey94025 03-11-2019 10:02 AM

I use the favorites to store my home address (navigation) and the few radio/sat presets that I listen to. It's the fastest way to get to one of those choices.

amir1 03-12-2019 05:52 PM

On my 2017 S550 I find the favorites button very limited. So I too store my house and office address and a few radio stations.
I wish there was a quick way to get to the "Favorite call numbers" (Frequently dialed numbers)
The car only allows 10 favorite numbers and it takes 8 steps to get to them. (So much for a "Short-cut")

On the flip side, on my Lexus LX,
1. Press the phone icon on the steering wheel
2. Click on the Favorites Icon
3. Click on the favorite number and it dials it. (3 steps)

They also have 3 tabs with 10 numbers in each tab, So I have my personal tab with my wife's and kids numbers, home no. and other family member numbers. I have a work tab which has all my managers numbers in there and I have a Client tab for those clients I call frequently.
Mercedes really has to do better in this department....

rustybear3 03-12-2019 06:57 PM

Why not use your voice control? Why bother with the buttons at all? I say " call so and so" and it does it. If I want to sync temperatures I just "voice command" the temperature for both driver and passenger sides. Same thing with radio stations. Quite a few things you can control with voice command.

AppleFan1 03-12-2019 06:57 PM

I know that the favorites is cumbersome to use on the S-Class. However, all I do is use the voice assistant. For example: "Call John Dow". So I really don't care about the favorites.

amir1 03-12-2019 07:08 PM

I have a little bit of accent and half the time when I say "Call John" it tells me its "Calling Jane". I probably should do the "Voice learning" feature that Mercedes offers where the system learns your voice. Has anyone done that?

Nice Ride 03-13-2019 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7703908)
Why not use your voice control? Why bother with the buttons at all? I say " call so and so" and it does it. If I want to sync temperatures I just "voice command" the temperature for both driver and passenger sides. Same thing with radio stations. Quite a few things you can control with voice command.

So is it "Set Passenger temp to xx" etc.

swaynesworld 03-21-2019 10:06 AM

Wow

Great idea! Never thought of that. Usually I just go to Past Destinations but this is a great idea. Thanks.

Originally Posted by mikey94025 (Post 7702498)
I use the favorites to store my home address (navigation) and the few radio/sat presets that I listen to. It's the fastest way to get to one of those choices.

Nice Ride 03-22-2019 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by swaynesworld (Post 7711042)
Great idea! Never thought of that. Usually I just go to Past Destinations but this is a great idea. Thanks.

In addition to home address in favorites, I have massage set for Driver and another for passenger. Simple way to surprise the passenger with a massage with a single button press....