Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > New S-Class (W222)
Favorites * on the touchpad is worthless >

Favorites * on the touchpad is worthless

Notices
New S-Class (W222) 2014-Present

Old 03-06-2019, 09:30 PM

Liked 55 Times in 47 Posts
2017 S63 AMG, Honda Accord, Genesis G90

So far I can find almost nothing that can be stored as a "favorite" on the keypad. I've stored seat massage but I can't store pretty much anything else. I wanted to store the "sync" feature for the climate control since there is no separate button on the dash to do that. I truly wish they had left that pad as a flip out phone touchpad to dial numbers as the only thing I see it as is a duplication for what the rotary knob does just in front of it. I'd rather quickly dial a phone number instead. Plus it just gets hot as hell as for what it does now.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:19 PM

Liked 71 Times in 63 Posts
2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Originally Posted by MBS63AMG View Post
So far I can find almost nothing that can be stored as a "favorite" on the keypad. I've stored seat massage but I can't store pretty much anything else. I wanted to store the "sync" feature for the climate control since there is no separate button on the dash to do that. I truly wish they had left that pad as a flip out phone touchpad to dial numbers as the only thing I see it as is a duplication for what the rotary knob does just in front of it. I'd rather quickly dial a phone number instead. Plus it just gets hot as hell as for what it does now.
I have the old pad, I use it often for Navigation, Seat Massage, etc. Have you been able to store SYNC in the past? I hate that they do not have the button. By default, they should have the car Sync every time its re-started. Often, the rear is way off when I have passengers.... I end up with a Hot Front and a Cold Front with Snow in the middle... LOL
Old 03-09-2019, 03:03 PM

Liked 22 Times in 21 Posts
W222 S550e, W212 E350
I use the favorites button to toggle A/C on and off. Closest thing you can do aside from a physical button. Way faster than going through the confusing air menu
Old 03-11-2019, 10:02 AM

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
S550 Coupe
I use the favorites to store my home address (navigation) and the few radio/sat presets that I listen to. It's the fastest way to get to one of those choices.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:52 PM

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Lexus LX-570
On my 2017 S550 I find the favorites button very limited. So I too store my house and office address and a few radio stations.
I wish there was a quick way to get to the "Favorite call numbers" (Frequently dialed numbers)
The car only allows 10 favorite numbers and it takes 8 steps to get to them. (So much for a "Short-cut")

On the flip side, on my Lexus LX,
1. Press the phone icon on the steering wheel
2. Click on the Favorites Icon
3. Click on the favorite number and it dials it. (3 steps)

They also have 3 tabs with 10 numbers in each tab, So I have my personal tab with my wife's and kids numbers, home no. and other family member numbers. I have a work tab which has all my managers numbers in there and I have a Client tab for those clients I call frequently.
Mercedes really has to do better in this department....
Old 03-12-2019, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Liked 90 Times in 81 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet
Why not use your voice control? Why bother with the buttons at all? I say " call so and so" and it does it. If I want to sync temperatures I just "voice command" the temperature for both driver and passenger sides. Same thing with radio stations. Quite a few things you can control with voice command.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:57 PM

Liked 41 Times in 30 Posts
2019 S450 4Matic
I know that the favorites is cumbersome to use on the S-Class. However, all I do is use the voice assistant. For example: "Call John Dow". So I really don't care about the favorites.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:08 PM

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Lexus LX-570
I have a little bit of accent and half the time when I say "Call John" it tells me its "Calling Jane". I probably should do the "Voice learning" feature that Mercedes offers where the system learns your voice. Has anyone done that?
Old 03-13-2019, 01:47 AM

2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
Why not use your voice control? Why bother with the buttons at all? I say " call so and so" and it does it. If I want to sync temperatures I just "voice command" the temperature for both driver and passenger sides. Same thing with radio stations. Quite a few things you can control with voice command.
So is it "Set Passenger temp to xx" etc.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:06 AM

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
2015 S550 4matic
Wow

Great idea! Never thought of that. Usually I just go to Past Destinations but this is a great idea. Thanks.
Originally Posted by mikey94025 View Post
I use the favorites to store my home address (navigation) and the few radio/sat presets that I listen to. It's the fastest way to get to one of those choices.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:13 AM

2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Talking

Originally Posted by swaynesworld View Post
Great idea! Never thought of that. Usually I just go to Past Destinations but this is a great idea. Thanks.
In addition to home address in favorites, I have massage set for Driver and another for passenger. Simple way to surprise the passenger with a massage with a single button press....