MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W222) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222-178/)
-   -   S-Class 560 Concours S Edition 100 (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222/738339-s-class-560-concours-s-edition-100-a.html)

Wassaby 03-11-2019 07:42 PM

S-Class 560 Concours S Edition 100

We are pleased to announce the 2019 S 560 and S 560 4MATIC Concours S Edition. The Concours S Edition celebrates the legacy of Mercedes-Benz cars at concours events and creates a future classic for your showrooms today. This ultra-luxury edition features a unique interior including never previously offered full leather floor mats as well as edition specific badging, and wheels not previously offered on the S 560 models. Further product highlights are below:
 100 units (50 each: S 560 and S 560 4MATIC sedans)
 Magnetite Black metallic paint
 designo Black Piano Lacquer Wood Trim
 20” Multispoke Polished Forged Wheels (from the Maybach S-Class)
 designo Affogato Brown Exclusive Nappa Leather upholstery, named after the indulgent Italian espresso and ice cream dessert, with designo Grigio Grey Contrast Stitching and Piping and edition specific seat perforation pattern
 Edition name stitched in seat backrests in designo Grigio Grey
 Two sets of floor mats: one set in stunning, quilted designo Affogato Brown full Nappa leather and one velour set with matching designo Affogato Brown leather edges; trunk mat in velour with matching designo Affogato leather edges
 Heated, wood/leather steering wheel in Black Piano Lacquer with matching designo Affogato Brown side grips.
Numbered edition badge inlay in front cup holder cover (1 of 100)
 Two exterior edition badges for front fenders in silver
 Premium Package, Driver Assistance Package, Power/Memory Heated/Ventilated rear seats, Exclusive Trim Package
The MSRP of the 2019 Concours S Edition is $155,520 for the S 560 and $158,520 for the S 560 4MATIC.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e7e2fa214f.jpg

docsout 03-11-2019 08:49 PM

Ugh huh, so $155K (plus tax) for something that’ll be passé in less than 12-18 months. Good grief! Really?!

amir1 03-11-2019 08:51 PM

Cool. Sign me up! So how does one order one of these?

Wolfman 03-12-2019 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by docsout (Post 7703067)
Ugh huh, so $155K (plus tax) for something that’ll be passé in less than 12-18 months. Good grief! Really?!

Why? Mercedes is cheaper than I can ever recall. 10-15 years ago, it was easy to buy a $500k Mercedes, now a loaded 65 model is the priciest car Mercedes makes (well, apart of the Pullman Maybach). Even our old W140 S500 was $160k in adjusted Dollars..

Streamliner 03-12-2019 11:08 PM

Is this car produced by MB this way, or is this a customized “tuner” car like a Brabus? If produced by MB, can we see more interior photos? Is the interior ALL Affogato Brown, or is it “half black” like most all other MB interiors? How do you order one? Sure you can’t make me one in Iridium Silver? I don’t like black cars. Can I order one without
4-Matic, but with MBC? I’ve got my AmEx Centurion card here in my hand. I’m waiting.............

Wolfman 03-13-2019 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Streamliner (Post 7704102)
Is this car produced by MB this way, or is this a customized “tuner” car like a Brabus? If produced by MB, can we see more interior photos? Is the interior ALL Affogato Brown, or is it “half black” like most all other MB interiors? How do you order one? Sure you can’t make me one in Iridium Silver? I don’t like black cars. Can I order one without
4-Matic, but with MBC? I’ve got my AmEx Centurion card here in my hand. I’m waiting.............

I am afraid there is a dark dash and top of the doors but it is a rather beautiful interior.

Streamliner 03-13-2019 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Wolfman (Post 7704140)
I am afraid there is a dark dash and top of the doors but it is a rather beautiful interior.

https://youtu.be/titlPQ6TCfg

Yes, that is a beautiful interior. But, always the “glass half empty” type that I am, I would have loved to see the dash a dark color, coplimentary to the light brown, with the carpets matching the dash. All other leather surfaces should be the light brown and the wood should be something special, different than off-the-shelf Piano Black. I’d also offer two, special exterior colors—not offered on the standard models—one light, one dark, along with the option to have 4-Matic or MBC. But, they didn’t ask me.:(

BenzV12 03-13-2019 02:29 AM

What's so special about it ? Pumpkin colored seats ?

Vallie123 03-13-2019 04:17 AM

Wait two years and pick one up for $90K.

Originally Posted by Wassaby (Post 7703012)
We are pleased to announce the 2019 S 560 and S 560 4MATIC Concours S Edition. The Concours S Edition celebrates the legacy of Mercedes-Benz cars at concours events and creates a future classic for your showrooms today. This ultra-luxury edition features a unique interior including never previously offered full leather floor mats as well as edition specific badging, and wheels not previously offered on the S 560 models. Further product highlights are below:
 100 units (50 each: S 560 and S 560 4MATIC sedans)
 Magnetite Black metallic paint
 designo Black Piano Lacquer Wood Trim
 20” Multispoke Polished Forged Wheels (from the Maybach S-Class)
 designo Affogato Brown Exclusive Nappa Leather upholstery, named after the indulgent Italian espresso and ice cream dessert, with designo Grigio Grey Contrast Stitching and Piping and edition specific seat perforation pattern
 Edition name stitched in seat backrests in designo Grigio Grey
Two sets of floor mats: one set in stunning, quilted designo Affogato Brown full Nappa leather and one velour set with matching designo Affogato Brown leather edges; trunk mat in velour with matching designo Affogato leather edges
 Heated, wood/leather steering wheel in Black Piano Lacquer with matching designo Affogato Brown side grips.
Numbered edition badge inlay in front cup holder cover (1 of 100)
 Two exterior edition badges for front fenders in silver
 Premium Package, Driver Assistance Package, Power/Memory Heated/Ventilated rear seats, Exclusive Trim Package
The MSRP of the 2019 Concours S Edition is $155,520 for the S 560 and $158,520 for the S 560 4MATIC.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e7e2fa214f.jpg

W222_Bob 03-13-2019 05:21 PM

Maybe they'll give me one for all the hassles with my CPO S550.........:cheers:

amir1 03-13-2019 06:06 PM

I didn't know this at the time, but they had one at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November. I'm almost positive since it had the special floor mats) So I sat in the car, only to be kicked out by the Mercedes Usher. The car was supposed to be locked to protect those $500+ cross-stitched leather floor mats. But as it turns out, I got to the car right after the cleaner wiped it down and apparently forgot to re-lock the car. The car was beautiful...

Streamliner 03-15-2019 06:01 PM

To me, leather is not a good material for floor mats, as it can be easily damaged. While those mats may look very luxurious, to me, they are utterly impractical.

Wolfman 03-15-2019 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Streamliner (Post 7706525)
To me, leather is not a good material for floor mats, as it can be easily damaged. While those mats may look very luxurious, to me, they are utterly impractical.

Impractical like those thick lambs wool rugs in Rolls Royce’s but I loved them nonetheless...

Streamliner 03-15-2019 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfman (Post 7706615)
Impractical like those thick lambs wool rugs in Rolls Royce’s but I loved them nonetheless...

Yes, those were impractical as well, but in a different way. I had a 1987 Corniche convertible with those mats and they would pick up every little crumb off your shoes. They would be horrible in the rain or snow, but I only ever drove that car in sunny days, so I didn’t have that problem. If you just kept the mats clean, they were fine. These quilted, leather mats I feel would scratch and look worn in no time. I don’t think they would handle rain or snow too well either.

Utopia Texas 03-15-2019 10:05 PM

Don’t you hate it when you have to buy extra floor mats to protect your floor mats?

stever500 03-15-2019 11:27 PM

Never heard of this car before, I think it's cool if you live in a ... bubble. If you live in the Northeast like me, the mats would be destroyed in one season but so what? You just get new mats. Who cares? I clean my floor mats every day or twice a day. When there are little rocks or dirt on them I take them out and shake them. When friends travel with me, I shake them out the next day or that night after they get out. I have to have clean mats all the time, it "makes the car" for me. I'm not saying... that I have OCD. I would never say that.:)

Whatever you can say about this car, it sure is gorgeous when it's brand new.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...99661e9685.jpg

MBS63AMG 03-15-2019 11:41 PM

Far better looking than that final edition S65 we were looking at in that other thread.

BenzV12 03-16-2019 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by Utopia Texas (Post 7706677)
Don’t you hate it when you have to buy extra floor mats to protect your floor mats?

It's like buying a phone cover to protect one's fancy Vertu phone

W222_Bob 03-16-2019 01:39 PM

You could just order a set of these..... Have the Concours feel without an unwanted color choice for seats and door panels.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-S5...UAAOSwnNFZroZ2

They seem to be popular as this eBay seller sells quite a few sets and his buyers feedback speaks for itself. I'd have bought a set if my CPO S550 didn't turn out to be a service department nightmare.

Mitch Alsup 03-16-2019 02:57 PM

If I could just order one in Rosso Corsa with that interior but standard walnut trim and 5 spoke wheels............

I really dislike cleaning wheels with more than 5 spokes.

Streamliner 03-18-2019 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mitch Alsup (Post 7707119)
If I could just order one in Rosso Corsa with that interior but standard walnut trim and 5 spoke wheels............

I really dislike cleaning wheels with more than 5 spokes.

Making the model super-duper, they should have offered the Ceramic Composite Braking System, which produces almost zero dust.:D

chassis 03-21-2021 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Vallie123 (Post 7704208)
Wait two years and pick one up for $90K.

Spot on, $92k.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=297487978

2012 merc amg 03-21-2021 05:31 PM

For the sticker price of that car new you should at least get magic body control and the 3D Audio. My car had a similar sticker msrp price and it's got a lot more options than the concours car. Including magic sky and night vision. I'd take all my options anyday over fancy looks. Plus I do kinda like the AMG line package better too with the way the car looks.

Wolfman 03-21-2021 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 8297689)
For the sticker price of that car new you should at least get magic body control and the 3D Audio. My car had a similar sticker msrp price and it's got a lot more options than the concours car. Including magic sky and night vision. I'd take all my options anyday over fancy looks. Plus I do kinda like the AMG line package better too with the way the car looks.

That is the reason why most special edition models from Mercedes are not too attractive. They focus primarily on visual enhancements and not adding important functional options.

kafklatsch 03-22-2021 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by chassis (Post 8297644)

maybe a few thousand more if it had the 3d audio like the original listing. I cant tell if other option are there or not,
but i yield, the price "is" close......