MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W222) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222-178/)
-   -   Quick Climate Control Settings? (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222/738642-quick-climate-control-settings.html)

tkelley.EClass 03-14-2019 02:00 PM

Quick Climate Control Settings?

So my wife's W212 E class has the coolest climate control settings. Want air to blow on your feet? Smack the lever down a few times. Want it to defrost and blow from the front vents? Smack that baby up a few times and you're in the new mode like that. Want it off? Press off! So my questions...

Is there a shortcut button for off?
Is there a shortcut way to change which vents are blowing air (IE: feet only mode, feet and front vents, front vents only, etc.)?

tkelley.EClass 03-19-2019 10:45 AM

I'm guessing the answer is no which is unfortunate. I guess I'll have to make sure my next MB has MBUX which I hear resolves most the complaints people have with COMAND...

obwielnls 03-19-2019 10:08 PM

I really can't answer your question because I keep mine set on auto and 72 degrees. I know that a lot of people "fiddle" with their AC a lot for some reason but I find the Mercedes ACC to be excellent and I never have to adjust it. I live in a place where the temp varies a lot even between morning and afternoon and still don't have to touch a thing. I can tell you it's not designed to be operated manually.

tkelley.EClass 03-20-2019 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by obwielnls (Post 7709886)
I really can't answer your question because I keep mine set on auto and 72 degrees. I know that a lot of people "fiddle" with their AC a lot for some reason but I find the Mercedes ACC to be excellent and I never have to adjust it. I live in a place where the temp varies a lot even between morning and afternoon and still don't have to touch a thing. I can tell you it's not designed to be operated manually.

Auto doesn't get the job done when its 5* some morning's so unfortunately I do have to manually tell it what to do sometimes...

MBS63AMG 03-20-2019 07:09 PM

My only gripe is there is no quick way to "sync" the left and right side temperature settings when no one is with me.

Nice Ride 03-20-2019 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by MBS63AMG (Post 7710658)
My only gripe is there is no quick way to "sync" the left and right side temperature settings when no one is with me.

It would be nice if the car would default to Sync to Driver every time the car is started, or with all this technology, if no one is in the passenger seat or rear seating, that it would sync to Driver.

obwielnls 03-21-2019 07:47 PM

What does it not do?

Originally Posted by tkelley.EClass (Post 7710043)
Auto doesn't get the job done when its 5* some morning's so unfortunately I do have to manually tell it what to do sometimes...

Nice Ride 03-22-2019 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by obwielnls (Post 7711536)
What does it not do?

If you have Sync Set. All temps are the same, even if you have Quad Settings Front and Rear. As soon as someone (passenger front or rear) raises or lowers the temp, it will remain that way until you SYNC again. So, unless you check, the rear could be running say 65, and you are raising the front to stay warmer. So the front and rear are fighting to keep the temp correct for each area. :(

LAWYER2 03-10-2020 06:17 PM

So is it true, there's nothing that can be done about this? I literally have to go through like 5 different swipes and taps just to turn this MF off. Sadly, this, plus the eco start/boost are the most annoying features on the car