S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

1st Svc A - nav update, recall fix, waze

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 05:39 PM

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts
2018 S560 4Matic Anth Blue
1st Svc A - nav update, recall fix, waze

I had my 1st Service A today on my 2018 and, as I posted on the W223 speculation thread, my GM told me he has seen the upcoming makeover and full tablet integration. Aside from that, they did the recall on the Distronic/Steering many of us were told about by mail and that was quick and easy. There is also a trunk lock recall that they accomplished. The new 2019 Nav (version 15.0) update was installed and according to the update it has "Satellite View of Earth" which may be referring to the map at 2 mi. range vs closer in (photo below). That may not be a change, simply don't recall.

Also, I found that Android Auto has updated to include 1080p support and gives a wider, clearer image on the main Nav display when using Waze. Waze itself seems to have better integration now from what I recall, including more icons and info on screen and easier use of alerts (photo below). I ran Waze on the main display (about 3/4 full screen) and moved the Mercedes Nav to the instrument cluster. Now, the waze alerts, like police and hazards come clearly through the main sound system, which I prefer to using my phone. Some of this may not be new, just new to me as I used to not like the Android Auto system and didn't use it often. Now, I plan to use it a lot more. I will see if there is any info on what addt'l features, if any, are in the new Nav update. I did find a menu item I didn't recall that allows options for what the bottom line of text displays: none, current road, climate system and geo-coordinates. The Waze photo was off highway, so none of the newer icons are showing.

The following users liked this post:
mikey94025 (05-24-2019)