Non-Mercedes Classifieds Non-Mercedes related items for sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS TN: 1987 Nissan Van - DriftVan - Swapped - RWD - 5SPD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Subaru WRX STG2, 1987 Nissan Van SR Swapped
FS TN: 1987 Nissan Van - DriftVan - Swapped - RWD - 5SPD

Just typing this out hurts me... I love every second I'm in this vehicle. The jaw dropped looks, the camping out of the back, the occasional drifts at roundabouts, the sheer fact that its a year older than I am and is in much better condition! Its too unique/rare to not be kept in a garage. It deserves better than I can give it. Fine, I'll say it!

I'm selling my 1987 Nissan Van! #DRIFTVAN

This is an extremely rare vehicle. When Nissan brought this van to America (mainly California), they put a much larger motor (2.4l) in it along with AC, fuel injection, etc. This caused them to catch fire. After four recalls, Nissan offered to buy them back for full NADA value and a $500 new car credit. Almost everyone sent them back. They only brought around 35k to the US. As a result, you probably have never seen one of these and most people never will... So, how has this vehicle not caught fire? It gets rarer still.

The motor has been swapped with a Blacktop SR20det w/ S15 turbo! Mix that with a 5 speed tranny, rwd, and a welded diff! As a result, you have yourself a true sleeper, a van that can burnout, drift, etc.

This Van only has ~100k miles on the body and all original paint. For a majority of its life, it was garage kept, collector kept. The interior/exterior is in better condition than most 10 year old cars on the road today. It has working AC, working heat, and a cooler/warmer compartment with Ice Maker! I installed a Pioneer Headunit with bluetooth, aux, usb and 100k display colors. I have the original radio to go with it. Its got a set of non-replica Enkei 92s with newish tires. Clean Title. I'm sure I'm forgetting something..

I will say this. It is difficult to put a price on a vehicle like this. I know how much it sold for 5 years ago, I know how much I paid for it, and I know how much it will take for me to part ways with it. Lastly, this vehicle is not perfect. I have put work into it and enjoyed *most* of the time I have spent underneath it. This vehicle is amazing in many ways and I will happily let you know every perfect flaw it has.

Cons:
The radiator needs to be flushed inside and out. Running the AC on HOT days in the summer can cause the engine to get hot. I have wrx and drive it on super hot days so I never got around to flushing the radiator.

The intercooler can scrape on big bumps. If you start to get a boost leak, a replacement intercooler (OEM Audi) can be purchased on ebay for less than $40. Its easy enough to swap that I haven't gone water-to-air yet (Though I am collecting parts for the setup).

The PCV valve needs to be replaced. I have the valve but haven't gotten around to replacing it.

ASKING: $14,500 Best way to contact me is via Call/Text, serious buyers only. 423-503-8753

TRADES, I'm wanting to sell but I'd trade for the right:
Luxury sports sedan (Lexus ISF, M3, CTS-V, AMG Merc, ETC), I'd include cash in the trade.
Nissan 350z.
Swapped 240 sx plus cash.
Something 2JZGTE Swapped.

THANKS FOR LOOKING!

FS TN: 1987 Nissan Van - DriftVan - Swapped - RWD - 5SPD-img_6955.jpg

FS TN: 1987 Nissan Van - DriftVan - Swapped - RWD - 5SPD-img_6971.jpg

FS TN: 1987 Nissan Van - DriftVan - Swapped - RWD - 5SPD-img_6950.jpg

FS TN: 1987 Nissan Van - DriftVan - Swapped - RWD - 5SPD-img_6973.jpg

FS TN: 1987 Nissan Van - DriftVan - Swapped - RWD - 5SPD-img_6974.jpg

FS TN: 1987 Nissan Van - DriftVan - Swapped - RWD - 5SPD-img_6948.jpg

FS TN: 1987 Nissan Van - DriftVan - Swapped - RWD - 5SPD-img_6969.jpg

FS TN: 1987 Nissan Van - DriftVan - Swapped - RWD - 5SPD-img_6966.jpg

FS TN: 1987 Nissan Van - DriftVan - Swapped - RWD - 5SPD-img_6967.jpg

and I'm sure someone is going to ask for a video of it doing a drift. Click the tiny pic below and it'll pull up a video.