Network Marketing Scheme - MBWorld.org Forums

Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > General Forums > Off Topic
Network Marketing Scheme > Network Marketing Scheme
Notices
Off Topic Use this forum to discuss non-Mercedes related items or anything that doesn't belong in the above forums.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Network Marketing Scheme

Old 03-20-2007, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Network Marketing Scheme

I was at BP yesterday filling up gas after a long day at work. I was approached by an individual probably about 20-22. He started by asking me about the rotors on my car and then told me that i looked familiar. He asked me if i live and went to school in the area and i told him that i did. He asks me what i do for a living and if i do anything outside of my job. I told him what i do and we continued to talk about our cars. He showed me the rotors he purchased for his Lexus GS and asked me why there were rusting as they were. He then told me that he had an "internet business" and told me that he needed more people to be involved. He asked me for a business card which i do not have yet so he took my cell #. He then gave me his card and number. I asked him about his business and he told me it was a network marketing business. I told him i didn't want to sell vitamins or tupperware and he told me that his thing is nothing like that. He would not really give me any info about the so called business and he just told be to visit to website on his card. Let me just say that i have a very strong feeling that this may be some sort of pyramid scheme but i am not 100% sure. I don't even think he filled up gas. The whole thing just seemed kinda fishy to me. I visited the website and explored it's content. It looks a lot like the other network marketing websites that i have visited. It told about eliminating the middle man and all of that but there was not information on the actual product. I've been approached many times at this same gas station. Mostly it's people trying to sell me an extra set of speakers that they supposedly got from whatever distributor that they need to get rid of for a cheap price, which is BS. This is the website:

LTDteam.com
ID:9221049
PW:guest

If any of you care to look at it, i'd appreciate if you have any insight on it or if you can confirm my thoughts of it being some sort of pyramid scheme. Also, do any of you get approaced like this at random places like gas stations and bank parking lots? I wonder why I always get approached. Do they think college kids may be more gullible or likely to follow along? sorry for the long post.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ryanr317 View Post
Also, do any of you get approaced like this at random places like gas stations and bank parking lots? I wonder why I always get approached. Do they think college kids may be more gullible or likely to follow along? sorry for the long post.
I think they do think that people our age are more likely to buy into their schemes. A few years ago when I was in high school I had a part time job working at Brookstone in a mall. Some woman came in looking at an air purifier for her son, and then later asked for my card. Normal enough, but then a week later while I was working she called and asked to speak with me. She started talking about her "business" and how she thought I would be good for it since I was very personable blah blah.

I was only 17 at the time, so I met with her in the mall during the week and she started talking about her "marketing" business where you have to get people to buy normal everyday products online. Then she kept talking about her mentor "Dr. Lino" and how he was so rich and powerful and flew in on his private jet and held seminars to discuss the "business." It was so f-ing wierd. Also she lived in some *****hole town around here, so I'm sure her "business" was very successful. lol
Old 03-21-2007, 12:07 AM

The website is registered under a person named Dumproff, John, of Raleigh, NC., the email provided is for an e-office (much like a ups box and not a real physical address).

From what I can dig out on the net, some people claim it is a Multi-Level Marketing scam, seems like some people have already lost money on that one, and that they offer to buy some tapes etc, however there is no way to confirm these claims.

I was also able to find out the following facts from the North Carolina government database: The company is actually a registered business (Leadership Team Development, Inc.), formed in 2006 in NC. That same person Dumproff, John A., is a registered agent of a few other companies, including Winters Marketing, Inc, and Winters International, Inc. the company is also registered under mailbox services, not real offices.

Overall, I would be very suspicious of dealing with this type of businesses, it smells fishy… I can't see myself putting any money into it
Old 03-21-2007, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yup as soon as you see those two words you know its a scam:

"Revenue Sharing"

The power of a business system is duplication. Duplication allows you to multiply your time (time compounding). The key to existing franchises like McDonald’s and other fast food chains is in the system they follow. The franchisees not only buy a supply of products for their business, but they also leverage a support system of successful guidelines and practices. McDonald’s isn’t successful because it has the best burger in America or has the cleanest restrooms around; it’s a success because it is driven by the system set in place by the franchise.

Taking this franchise concept to I-Commerce allows individuals to duplicate themselves and their efforts. Marketing and Distribution has set before you a proven system to create wealth through time compounding. Marketing and Distribution will help you understand Phase I and Phase II of revenue sharing. The support system will help you develop goals and implement proven strategies for your success.

This system of duplication that has helped us succeed can help you succeed, too. It’s that simple.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:34 AM
Super Moderator

The scheme is the product... that's why there is no product. Run away from this one, and if you see the dude again call him out.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Pah.

This company is the mother of scamming naive people.

http://www.cydcor.com/

Now google that company and see what the results are.

Pyramid scheme/Multi-Level Marketing Scam, anyone?

Last edited by TA-9FF; 03-21-2007 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for the replies. I did have a bad initial feeling about it. I just don't know why these people don't get real jobs and stop scheming and scamming people. I'd hate to be a person who has to approach random people in random places to convince them to buy in to some sort of BS business scheme. I have to give them credit though, the people that approach me have been very convincing and professional looking.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for the replies. I did have a bad initial feeling about it. I just don't know why these people don't get real jobs and stop scheming and scamming people. I'd hate to be a person who has to approach random people in random places to convince them to buy in to some sort of BS business scheme. I have to give them credit though, the people that approach me have been very convincing and professional looking.
What's hilarious about that is, stuff like this happens in "real jobs" too. Though it's not so much a scam as it is just an annoyance. A few years ago I stopped by an Edward Jones to get some investing information, and the Manager (I'm assuming) overheard my conversation with one of his agents, and came over and offered me a job to work there as an agent, because he felt that I was "a great conversationalist". The SAME thing happened when I stopped by a Farmer's Insurance to check out some auto insurance info.......
Old 03-21-2007, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A pyramid scheme is not neccessarily a bad think. For example you started it

Network marketing does not off the top mean that something is a scheme. This however looks to be one.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:24 AM
Banned

Since you all seem to have zero idea what you are talking about and taking eachother's fear and skepticism as truth, let me clue you in on the truth.

LTD-Leadership Team Development
Is a business support and development company. Their purpose is to give benefitial information to those that purchase their products (yes they make money from the purchase, it is a business). They teach success principles from experience (founding agents collectively over 120yrs experience) and help new "IBOs" develop a business. The business they help develop is powered by Alticor--Amway Global--Quixtar. They help folks move volume for Amway Global/Quixtar and get paid based on volume through either retail business (customers) or through other prospects, recruits, franchisees or whatever term you wish to use.

Alticor--Amway--Quixtar.
Founded in the 1950's, primarily selling soap and then vitamins back then, it has since grown to a $7 billion, privately held, debt free global business. Amway Global/Quixtar will soon become one name, Amway Global. They have since set up affiliations with over 1000 companies. Some to include retailers such as Circuit City, Barnes and Noble, Office Depot to name a few. Manufacturers such as sony, nike, addidas, calvin klein, etc. etc. As well as their own exclusive brands, such as XS Energy Drinks, Nutrilite vitamins, Artistry skin care and cometics, SA8 detergent, etc. etc.

Despite what the internet echo chamber says it is not a "pyramid" or a scheme, but rather a viable business enterprise for those that CHOOSE to build it.

RyanR and others, the person who spoke to you probably did think you were a sharp individual, and thus you should take it as a compliment. As for the business opportunity, I would encourage you or anyone to actually take a look at it and hear the person out, if you desire some extra income. The information is usually free of charge. If it isn't for you, then tell them that and be on your way and feel confident that you have the knowledge and experience of what it actually is. Instead of searching and listening to people who have no idea what they are talking about.

Wish you the best in your endeavors
J
Old 10-02-2008, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by TB 2 IBO View Post
Since you all seem to have zero idea what you are talking about and taking eachother's fear and skepticism as truth, let me clue you in on the truth....
J
Looks like someone is trolling...1st post, and on an 18 month old thread... gee, I "wonder" if you have some connection to this scheme?
Old 10-02-2008, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by dbarrym View Post
Looks like someone is trolling...1st post, and on an 18 month old thread... gee, I "wonder" if you have some connection to this scheme?
Haha it's funny, if you google some of these pyramid schemes and go to forums where they are being dicsussed there are always newbies who come into the threads and talk about how wonderful the company is and how everyone has the wrong idea about them...
Old 10-02-2008, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TB 2 IBO View Post
Since you all seem to have zero idea what you are talking about and taking eachother's fear and skepticism as truth, let me clue you in on the truth.
This is a pyramid scam and you're probably the [email protected] pharaoh
Old 10-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Almost a Member!

no successful business needs to be run or launched by approaching people at gas stations.

not sure why this is even in debate...
G.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:10 AM

I propose a ban of TD 2 IBO. Not like he'll ever come back but still... zero tolerance for spammers and scammers.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

seems like he's trying to advertise his little biz?
Old 10-02-2008, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Troll has been banned. I didn't see how old this thread was.

I receive several of these types of contacts each day in my email box. Interestingly, they all address me by a name that I used several years ago to sign up for a free Maxim subscription. I suppose the target demographic is more likely to be more naive, and so the response rate is much better.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I wonder how he ended up finding this thread? He's obviously one of THEM.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:38 PM

I wonder how he ended up finding this thread? He's obviously one of THEM.
I bet he just Googled the company's name and went on every forum that discussed it. Sneaky clown. So, like I proposed before, how about a 3-5 day probation/cooling off period for newbs during which they can't post?